• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do many Muslims believe that God wants them to injure, kill, or imprison homosexuals?

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
no it is not a duty, if you look at it from a non-islamic perspective. how healthy do you find it if a child grew up with 2 parents of the same sex? wheres the father figure? wheres the mother figure? see homosexuality causes harm to innocent kids, who do not consent. it is done against their better judgement and their will in many cases.

Very healthy, as research shows. My kids are all doing great, and the oldest is 21. The youngest was rescued from her irresponsible heterosexual parents and placed with a responsible, stable lesbian family, where she is thriving.

So Islam is O.K. with you spreading lies about a group of innocent people like that? You should be ashamed of yourself.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
to oppose islam is one thing, you have a right, just like we do against homosexuality, but to spread lies like you always do, that is another thing.

Please point out a single lie in a single one of my posts. If you cannot, please retract this slander on my character. I would also accept an apology.

Agnostic75

Message to eselam: Isn't it true that you would still oppose homosexuality even if you believed that there were not any health risks?

What options do homosexuals have?

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Message to eselam: Isn't it true that you would still oppose homosexuality even if you believed that there were not any health risks?

as far as i know homosexuality was not opposed by islam and the prophet (saws) because of any known health risks during his life time. aid's didn't exist during his time and even though Allah knows the real reasons behind the unlawfulness of homosexuality, the prophet maybe did not, but he acepted it anyway and now as you can see, Allah was right, like always.

it is a sin, plain and simple. all sins are highly discuoraged in islam and are not looked at in a nice way.

What options do homosexuals have?

to love people of the opposite gender like everyone else.

MSizer

MSizer

I didn't know you could use a computer from a cave. Hmm, better be carful eselam, the snake insidiously slithers through the internet and may find it's way into your cave.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
as far as i know homosexuality was not opposed by islam and the prophet (saws) because of any known health risks during his life time. aid's didn't exist during his time and even though Allah knows the real reasons behind the unlawfulness of homosexuality, the prophet maybe did not, but he acepted it anyway and now as you can see, Allah was right, like always.

it is a sin, plain and simple. all sins are highly discuoraged in islam and are not looked at in a nice way.

As long as heterosexuality is continued to be viewed as the "default" setting for love, attraction, and life-long companionship, your post will remain the motivation to justify the denial of equal rights for the LGBTQ community........just because of who we love.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
As long as heterosexuality is continued to be viewed as the "default" setting for love, attraction, and life-long companionship, your post will remain the motivation to justify the denial of equal rights for the LGBTQ community........just because of who we love.

homosexuality is not opposed in islam just for loving someone. there are acts within a homosexual relationship (also within heterosexual relationship) that are highly condemned.

a person might be attracted to the same sex but he/she must marry and live the life of a homosexual doesn't matter what one likes/loves. when it comes to homosexuality, most pro-homosexuals make mentione of how homosexuality is not all about sex but it is about love. i understand that. i too, like all other muslims, are in this simlar situation. i, like all other males, love females. the thing is, even though i may find a non-muslim female very attractive i do not do anything about it, because i as a muslim am not allowed to marry a non-muslim (appart from a christian or jew). so i know what it is like to like someone but to not do it and i can say it is so very easy, one can choose whom to love if they want to, if they don't then they make excuses.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
I didn't know you could use a computer from a cave. Hmm, better be carful eselam, the snake insidiously slithers through the internet and may find it's way into your cave.

what are you on about? you:ignore: = me:shrug:

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
homosexuality is not opposed in islam just for loving someone. there are acts within a homosexual relationship (also within heterosexual relationship) that are highly condemned.

a person might be attracted to the same sex but he/she must marry and live the life of a homosexual doesn't matter what one likes/loves. when it comes to homosexuality, most pro-homosexuals make mentione of how homosexuality is not all about sex but it is about love. i understand that. i too, like all other muslims, are in this simlar situation. i, like all other males, love females. the thing is, even though i may find a non-muslim female very attractive i do not do anything about it, because i as a muslim am not allowed to marry a non-muslim (appart from a christian or jew). so i know what it is like to like someone but to not do it and i can say it is so very easy, one can choose whom to love if they want to, if they don't then they make excuses.

Eselam, you can live your life however you see fit according to your religious beliefs. I will not tell you that you must marry someone in a manner that goes against your religion.

However, what I disagree with is the notion that homosexuals must be "punished" and that heterosexuals take the time and the effort to actually go out of their way to do so. Whether the punishment is in the form of imprisonment or government discrimination, I take issue with.

no-body

Something that I've been wondering lately:

Those Muslims who are arguing that homosexuality is "a sin" comparable to adultery, incest, rape, it's an illness that hurts people, etc I wonder if they find polygamy and betrothing child brides to adult men OK (basically pedophilia) Mohamed did it so I guess they are cool with it.

Last edited:

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Eselam, you can live your life however you see fit according to your religious beliefs. I will not tell you that you must marry someone in a manner that goes against your religion.

However, what I disagree with is the notion that homosexuals must be "punished" and that heterosexuals take the time and the effort to actually go out of their way to do so. Whether the punishment is in the form of imprisonment or government discrimination, I take issue with.
Sometimes the punishment is alienation. it is a strange thing when people demand that people as they are become people as they ought to be- according to their dogma.

Last edited:

MSizer

MSizer
what are you on about? you:ignore: = me:shrug:

The cave represented your "traditional" (obseslete) view on personal purity inhibitions, and the snake represented the moral depravity of western civilization which so many muslim countries assert must never permeate their lifestyle.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank

So Islam requires lying to oneself and others, a complete abdication of integrity, building a false life on a foundation of dishonesty. Good to know. Yet another reason to avoid it like the plague. Thanks eselam, I've learned so much about Islam from you.

I've learned that Islam is so complicated or obscure that millions of people who devote their lives to following it are unable to do so.

I've learned that when someone tells me they're Muslim, I should immediately be suspicious, as the chances are high they are mistaken or lying.

I've learned that the qur'an is so difficult to understand that many people who try to live by it fail to do so.

I've learned that Islam condemns love, and exalts prejudice.

You're doing great; please tell me more.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back

Those Muslims who are arguing that homosexuality is "a sin" comparable to adultery, incest, rape, it's an illness that hurts people, etc I wonder if they find polygamy and betrothing child brides to adult men OK (basically pedophilia) Mohamed did it so I guess they are cool with it.

homosexuality and the other acts you have mentioned are not equal.

why do you see polygamy as a bad thing? do you know the islamic teachings upon it?

do you even know the reasons behind Muhammeds (saws) marriage to Aisha (ra).
do you even know that in islam a child who reaches puberty is considered an adult, like an 18 or 21 year old is? do you even know anything about islam?

MSizer

MSizer

In fairness, the vast majority of muslims believe that special legal permission is necessary in order to marry anyone under the age of 16. There are many disgusting men though who use child betrothment as a cover up to buy little girls to satisfy their sexual desires. That practice is not a muslim one, it's one by pedophiles who happen to live in a part of the world where local marriage traditions happen to allow them to pretend they're being traditional while they're actually preying on children.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
So Islam requires lying to oneself and others, a complete abdication of integrity, building a false life on a foundation of dishonesty. Good to know. Yet another reason to avoid it like the plague. Thanks eselam, I've learned so much about Islam from you.

I've learned that Islam is so complicated or obscure that millions of people who devote their lives to following it are unable to do so.

I've learned that when someone tells me they're Muslim, I should immediately be suspicious, as the chances are high they are mistaken or lying.

I've learned that the qur'an is so difficult to understand that many people who try to live by it fail to do so.

I've learned that Islam condemns love, and exalts prejudice.

You're doing great; please tell me more.

is this it? you've got to be kidding. i thought i taught you more than this.

no-body

homosexuality and the other acts you have mentioned are not equal.

why do you see polygamy as a bad thing? do you know the islamic teachings upon it?

do you even know the reasons behind Muhammeds (saws) marriage to Aisha (ra).
do you even know that in islam a child who reaches puberty is considered an adult, like an 18 or 21 year old is? do you even know anything about islam?

Yes thank you I wanted someone to post exactly this reasoning. Now everyone go back and read the slights against homosexuality comparing it to killing yourself, bestiality, adultery... oh the irony, the saddest part is none of the Muslims will see it.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Yes thank you I wanted someone to post exactly this reasoning. Now everyone go back and read the slights against homosexuality comparing it to killing yourself, bestiality, adultery... oh the irony, the saddest part is none of the Muslims will see it.

liar, post my statements saying that homosexuality is equal to killing ones self or any of the other acts you've mentioned.

MSizer

MSizer
...do you even know that in islam a child who reaches puberty is considered an adult, like an 18 or 21 year old is?...

OK eselam, I defended islam earlier on the child marriage thing, but to say that a child at puberty is an adult is flat out false. There is no doubt that a child of 12 or 14 years can't possibly truly understand all the implications involved in being devoted to a spouse. To act as though it is otherwise is dangerous to the wellbeing of young people IMO.

Last edited:

no-body

liar, post my statements saying that homosexuality is equal to killing ones self or any of the other acts you've mentioned.

I didn't say you specifically did I? I was referring to some of the disgusting things I read from Muslims in the gay animal thread.