• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do people deny or have various doubts about God?

mahasn ebn sawresho

Peace be on everyone.

Edit / add: and what is the source of morality in life, of above mentioned people?
I doubt your God
Through the following evidence
1. full faith in God who speaks about wanting to believe in Muhammad
God + Admin = true faith is
God = only faith is not true
That's what you believe
And this faith is not true
I doubt this faith
2. If I say I believe in God only can accept this faith
3. in your prayers you say that God prays to Muhammad
Do you accept this
3. God who believes you are wily and Avenger and harmful
This laao'mn I and no doubt
4. God, who believe you have clerk marriages because he is the one who wrote the marriage to Zaynab Bint jahsh
And this from the Quran
5. God, who believe you forget what
This machine has no doubt that God will
6. God, who believe you ordered Muhammad to fight people
And this God I doubt
7. the God that you believe in him he beat women
This God no doubt

mahasn ebn sawresho

Who is Mohamed
So ask God to place his name in faith
M. creation of intercourse with man and woman
Faith be true only if Mohammad with God
This faith is null
Cannot share God's last name
Because God is Holy
And the Holy one that stands beside the profane
Name of unit
Yes
As with Mohamed nor
M. creation of intercourse with male and female
This laatmkn of say his name with the creator

mahasn ebn sawresho

Do you think that God in Islam Holy
It traverses in his sly machine
Traverses subtle and more insidious and crafty God
Any sane person in the universe who believes in this God
You want to offer us
And also no copy of any or we forget her we come to good ones or the like
Any machine you want to offer us
God forgets
I laao'mn in the Islamic God
Because the counterfeit copy to another name

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Peace be on everyone.

Edit / add: and what is the source of morality in life, of above mentioned people?

im sure they have doubts because there are so many different opinions and views and sceptics and critics that they dont know what to believe.

Looncall

im sure they have doubts because there are so many different opinions and views and sceptics and critics that they dont know what to believe.

You make a good point here. Seeing there is so much diversity in religious doctrine, one is led to conclude that there is no matter of fact involved, but only human imagination.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
You make a good point here. Seeing there is so much diversity in religious doctrine, one is led to conclude that there is no matter of fact involved, but only human imagination.

there is certainly a lot of imagination in religion, thats for sure.

But I believe there is truth... you just have to strip back all the tripe :)

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
there is certainly a lot of imagination in religion, thats for sure.

But I believe there is truth... you just have to strip back all the tripe :)

That's what I did, and see where that led me to. :)

I was Christian for 30 years, then I got to a point where doubt overtook and I had no believe in God anymore. That was followed by 10 years of debating and searching. The end result is that I'm a mix of atheist and naturalistic pantheist. That's what stripping back all the trip got me to.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Also, I cannot help the fact that no one is satisfied with me being satisfied with not knowing if evolution is absolutely true or not. You say, I keep asking for evidence. Well, if you desire for me to stop asking for evidence, then tell everyone to stop suggesting that I doubt the evidence. I don't doubt the evidence. I haven't seen it.

So again and again it goes round and round.

You all say I doubt the evidence.
I say, I haven't seen it.
And then you say you submitted it, and that I doubt the evidence.
And so I say again, I haven't seen the evidence.
And so you say again, that I doubt the evidence.

Where does it stop?
Stop putting words in my mouth, and perhaps I will stop defending what I actually said.

Why do you doubt God?

Stop being intentionally misleading and I will stop calling you on it.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
That's what I did, and see where that led me to. :)

I was Christian for 30 years, then I got to a point where doubt overtook and I had no believe in God anymore. That was followed by 10 years of debating and searching. The end result is that I'm a mix of atheist and naturalistic pantheist. That's what stripping back all the trip got me to.

Its unfortunate that the churches you were attending were unable to help you build your faith or remain in it.

May i ask, what do you think it would take for you to actually believe in a personal God again?

Sonofason

You have seen the evidence, just do not understand it.

Denying evidence you do not understand is dishonest, and very different from doubting evidence that you have never seen.

How in the world can you hold me accountable for not understanding evidence?
I have neither denied any evidence nor have I doubted any evidence. I haven't seen any evidence. That which you call evidence I may have seen, but to me it wasn't evidence. If it was, and if I thought it was sufficiently compelling evidence myself, I'd probably believe it, and I'd probably have faith in it, like you do. But I don't.

It's okay man, I don't have a problem with not knowing everything. I'll be okay. Can't you be happy knowing that I find it to be a logical theory?

Sonofason

I don't support you, and you are being called on your insistence on presenting your refusal to accept the available knowledge as evidence.

Call that persecution if you like, but that does not really make sense.

In practice I do, for quite a lot of things. I have never been in France, for instance, but I'm pretty certain that it does exist.

I suppose I could convince myself that it actually does not if I put my mind to it.

You are far more determined than honest.

Do you know that an eye witness to France is direct evidence of France?
Do you know that a video of France is direct evidence of France?
Circumstantial Evidence legal definition of Circumstantial Evidence

Well that is if you believe the evidence. One who does not believe the evidence, or one who is not convinced by that which has been called evidence by others doesn't consider that which has been called evidence by others to be evidence at all.

Sonofason

A person who is supposedly a religious sage whose birth was announced by a prophecy would logically have been followed around a lot.

Yet there is hardly any record of his existence that is not actually scripture, either Pauline or Gnostic. And even then there is just no record whatsoever of what happened to him between 12 and 30 years of age? Not even some statement about why the Gospel writers even believe him to be the same person?

Then one considers how the Gospels pretty much have to copy from each other to approach a common presentation of what Jesus was like, how vague so many points are, and how even Paul himself admits that he had a vision of a person he fully believed to be dead at that point in time, and it all adds up to a high likelihood of the early Christians not expecting people to believe in a literal Jesus.

I have this:
"Actually, Jewish archaeological evidence of the entire period is rather sparse. There are the remains of large and extensive Roman cities, and adequate inscriptions of leaders, including Herod, Pilate and Festus. There are also influential Jews such as Caiaphas, but almost nothing can be found recording the lives of ordinary individuals. And remember that in A.D. 70 Jerusalem was totally destroyed by Titus. What may still exist is buried under the thriving modern city. Certainly the odds are against an artifact's survival."

continuing:
"The scarcity of archaeological artifacts can be contrasted, however, with the wealth of historical evidence for Christ. Soon the apostles had written letters detailing Christ's life and teachings, to be followed by the writings of Paul all widely copied and circulated, within the lifetime of eyewitnesses. The Roman historian Josephus mentioned Christ several times while relating noteworthy civic events, including the execution of one named "James, the brother of Jesus who was called the Christ/Messiah" referring evidently to Jesus' brother James, leader of the early church and author of the New Testament book bearing his name."

We'll continue:
"A recent incredible discovery may put to rest that criticism."
"The new artifact is an ossuary, a medium-sized box in which human bones were placed for permanent burial after the flesh had all decayed away. This practice was employed for only a brief period of time from about B.C. 20 to A.D. 70. The box is made of a soft, chalky, limestone, common to the area. The contents have long since vanished.

Most remarkably, an inscription has been etched into the side which reads, "James, son of Joseph, brother of Jesus" in the Aramaic script of the time. Careful studies, including scrutiny under a scanning electron microscope show the inscription to be genuine. The patina, or oxidized surface equally covers both box and the interior of the etched letters. The recognized expert on such matters, Dr. Andre Lemaire, concludes: "I am pleased to report that in my judgment it is genuinely ancient and not a fake.""
Has Archaeological Evidence for Jesus Been Discovered?

So I don't know. And what about the church? Do you really think that the Church has arisen from the ashes of a man that never existed?

Be reasonable.