• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do people deny or have various doubts about God?

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
Perhaps you can provide evidence to support your idea that cave paint is evidence that there was no global flood. Perhaps you can show why Neolithic civilizations and pottery prove that there was no global flood.

No need. The flood was disproven at least 300 years ago, and you are immune to evidemce anyway.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
Peace be on everyone.

Why do people deny or have various doubts about God?

Edit / add: and what is the source of morality in life, of above mentioned people?

It depends on which god you are talking about. Which isn't specified, but I will go with the god of Abraham.

My biggest red flag was the convolution of thinking involved in believing in a deity that is omnimax.

Morality is inherent within people that are not psychologically damaged, because empathy is inherent in humans.

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
And there it is, another unsubstantiated claim. Well done.
Buddy, the flood was disproven 300 years ago. I'm not going t8 try to prove to you that the moon is not made of cheese either.

Your asking for evidence that we all knpw y8u have no interest in whatsoever comes across as painfully dishonest.

Sonofason

Buddy, the flood was disproven 300 years ago. I'm not going t8 try to prove to you that the moon is not made of cheese either.

Your asking for evidence that we all knpw y8u have no interest in whatsoever comes across as painfully dishonest.
Yes, you have already mentioned that the flood was disproved 300 years ago. I see you did not substantiate that claim the first time you made it, and I see you now refusing to even try. You can blame me for your inability to provide evidence if you want. I am able to take credit for many things, and now I can proudly take credit for your inability to provide evidence.

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
Yes, you have already mentioned that the flood was disproved 300 years ago. I see you did not substantiate that claim the first time you made it, and I see you now refusing to even try. You can blame me for your inability to provide evidence if you want. I am able to take credit for many things, and now I can proudly take credit for your inability to provide evidence.

You are not interested in evidence, you make yourself look like a propogandist.

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
Sonofason

Maybe you are not so dishonest - perhaps I am wrong about you. What evidence would you accept?

Sonofason

Sonofason

Maybe you are not so dishonest - perhaps I am wrong about you. What evidence would you accept?
Sonofason

Okay, well, if God were to tell me that everything in the Bible was a complete fabrication of men, I might consider that as evidence that no such flood occurred.

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
I admit, I have seen some of the stuff you have called evidence, and you're right, I'm not really that interested in it.

Yes, but you keep lying and lying and lying as you ask for evidence that you know you will reject anyway and then continue to pretend that nobody has shown any evidence to you.

What is it you think you are acheiving by making yourself appear so dishonest? If you are really an anti-theist who hates Christianity, then your behaviour here would make sense.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member

Problems with a Global Flood, 2nd edition

Here you go.

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
Okay, well, if God were to tell me that everything in the Bible was a complete fabrication of men, I might consider that as evidence that no such flood occurred.
Thanks for clearing up my doubt, you really are THAT dishonest.

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
Sonofason

May i ask why you so hate the bible and those who believe in it that you go to so much trouble to make Christians look so dishonest and foolish?

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
Well, I disagree with all of the assumptions made in this article. Do you have any actual evidence to prove that these assumptions are all true?
Why keep asking for evidence that you will dismiss anyway? Other than making you look bad, what is the point?

Sonofason

Why keep asking for evidence that you will dismiss anyway? Other than making you look bad, what is the point?
I would just like to see you provide some real evidence for a change. I don't care to see unsubstantiated claims, and that is all you seem capable of providing. Show some convincing evidence, and I will believe.

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
Ah, the pot calling the kettle black.
Well no. Unlike you I do not hate Christianity, or any religion. Nor would I want to make Christians. look foolish.
I'm an atheist, and yet would treat Christianity with more respect than you do.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
Well, I disagree with all of the assumptions made in this article. Do you have any actual evidence to prove that these assumptions are all true?

None of those are "assumptions", they are all scientific models and theories. You want more "proof" then read the references that are listed below each and every point listed. They are there, I checked