• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do people deny or have various doubts about God?

Sonofason

Then why are you?
I'm not. You are the one putting forth this claim about me. Now prove it.

Good for you.
now why do you seem to have to constantly remind yourself?
I don't. It is you who are making this claim. So prove it.

Bold empty claim that serves no purpose but to make yourself feel better.
You are now claiming that I state my faith in God in order to make myself feel better. Now prove it.

Fair enough
Indeed.

Yet here you are, doing exactly that...
That may be what you believe, but it appears to me to be yet one more unsubstantiated claim made by you about me. If you think you know my motives, then prove it.

Sonofason

IE Surface as in on the surface of the planet not hundreds of miles below. The lack of a complete break down in the ecology and civilizations, sediment, etc.
Are you going to substantiate this claim? Do you have evidence? Let's see it.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Oh, I understand very well what evidence is. Evidence is anything that you see, hear, or read that causes you to believe that something is true or has really happened. So please, if there is something you want me to believe, by all means present that which is capable of causing me to believe it. And if it causes me to believe it, I will certainly consider it evidence.
How on earth is anybody supposed to know what exact piece of evidence you are willing to accept unless you clearly specify what that would be? Especially when you don't seem to accept any kind of empirical evidence for what it is. We're not mind readers.

Sonofason

How on earth is anybody supposed to know what exact piece of evidence you are willing to accept unless you clearly specify what that would be? Especially when you don't seem to accept any kind of empirical evidence for what it is. We're not mind readers.
How could I possibly know what is capable of convincing me until I am convinced?

McBell

Admiral Obvious
I'm not. You are the one putting forth this claim about me. Now prove it.
I don't. It is you who are making this claim. So prove it.
You are now claiming that I state my faith in God in order to make myself feel better. Now prove it.
Indeed.
That may be what you believe, but it appears to me to be yet one more unsubstantiated claim made by you about me. If you think you know my motives, then prove it.
I have no need to prove it.
You have done already proven it with your very own posts.

now all you have left is denial and flying home to claim victory.

Sonofason

Why would anyone try to present any evidence whatsoever to you at this point? I'm starting to think this is just some bizarre game you are playing.
Do you mean to say this is not a game?

game - a physical or mental activity or contest that has rules and that people do for pleasure.
game - activity engaged in for diversion or amusement.
game - often derisive or mocking jesting.
game - a procedure or strategy for gaining an end.
game - a physical or mental competition conducted according to rules with the participants in direct opposition to each other.
Game - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

game - A competitive activity or sport in which players contend with each other according to a set of rules.
game - a contest with rules, the result being determined by skill, strength, or chance.
game - definition of game by The Free Dictionary

Is not a debate a contest?
Do not people engage in debate for pleasure?
Is not debate derisive?
Surely I have seen much mocking and jesting in many debates.
Is not there an end game to debate?
Like most games, do not most debaters hope to win?
Is not a debate a mental competition?

Yes, I believe this is a game of sorts. Don't you agree?

Shad

Veteran Member
Are you going to substantiate this claim? Do you have evidence? Let's see it.

It is up to those put forward the claim to present evidence of the flood not speculate based on an articles. There is a lack of an mass extinction level event which a global flood would technical fall under. No break down in ecological systems. Mass destruction of settlementS across the global.

There is art worK in cave paints such as the Cave of El Castillo and Lascaux. Neolithic civilizations in Egypt and China, Merimde pottery for example. At best any biblical flood would be local not global. However this has been the theory in archaeology for decades. Only literalists seem even entertain the idea of a global flood

Last edited:

Sonofason

It is up to those put forward the claim to present evidence of the flood not speculate based on an articles. There is a lack of an mass extinction level event which a global flood would technical fall under. No break down in ecological systems. Mass destruction of settlementS across the global.

There is art worK in cave paints such as the Cave of El Castillo and Lascaux. Neolithic civilizations in Egypt and China, Merimde pottery for example. At best any biblical flood would be local not global. However this has been the theory in archaeology for decades. Only literalists seem even entertain the idea of a global flood
Perhaps you can provide evidence to support your idea that cave paint is evidence that there was no global flood. Perhaps you can show why Neolithic civilizations and pottery prove that there was no global flood.