• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do some Atheists say Christianity is harmful?

McBell

Admiral Obvious
There is no reason that atheists cannot have the same hopes. If a person just leads a hedonistic lifestyle as an atheist or as a Christian is on them. And eternal life would probably not be what you think that it is.

Faith is just lying to ourselves to accept what we should not be accepting all too often.
Faith is deciding to allow yourself to believe something your intellect would otherwise cause you to reject -- otherwise there's no need for faith.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
as for overcoming homosexuality, i agree its hard, especially if theres a guy youre attracted to, and he actually likes you back. While i never had technically a boyfriend, i had something close to that.

And its very hard to overcome this attraction, i know.

You're not "getting over it". You're ignoring your true self, which is dangerous and unhealthy.

I can see it by how many times you've stated being sad, sorry, or genuinely down on yourself.

I hope if anything you can at least find happiness. Deity notwithstanding

You're not "getting over it". You're ignoring your true self, which is dangerous and unhealthy.

I can see it by how many times you've stated being sad, sorry, or genuinely down on yourself.

I hope if anything you can at least find happiness. Deity notwithstanding

Well i still meet him sometimes, and thats the problem. I shouldnt, but i cant get over him.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
And as i said God is the only being, that ever truly deeply showed Love to Me, how can He show Love to me if he supposedly doesnt exist like you say?

Why can't you show that same amazing love and devotion to another man if that is your attraction and hearts true desire?

Why can't you show that same amazing love and devotion to another man if that is your attraction and hearts true desire?

First of all im not sure if he truly loves me, and if its not just one sided.

Second because same sex romantic relationships are forbidden, so at most it could be a platonic relationship, but thats risky too in that case.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
nah, im sexually and romantically attracted to other men, always have been. So you agree, you dont need a partner? So why is lgbtq pushing for same sex marriage etc.? If its absolutely unecessary?
Different strokes for different folks. Most people want sex when they are young or even middle-aged, but the desire drops when people get older, especially for women. I might want a partner for companionship but all men can think about is sex, no matter how old they get, so I am resigned to being alone, unless I get married again, because I would never have sex out of wedlock.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
Second because same sex romantic relationships are forbidden, so at most it could be a platonic relationship, but thats risky too in that case.

Is it illegal where you live? If not there is no harm in pursuing and asking worse that happens is it doesn't work out. Best case scenario, is you're happy.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
Nope, its just feels morally wrong for me. Yet its hard to overcome it completely, why is that?

Probably because "love" and "attraction" isn't wrong. Sex isn't wrong. None of those things are sins.

You feel bad because you were taught these things were wrong. And that eternal punishment awaits those that behave that way. When that doesn't go against any of the ten commandments or anything Jesus said.

Probably because "love" and "attraction" isn't wrong. Sex isn't wrong. None of those things are sins.

You feel bad because you were taught these things were wrong. And that eternal punishment awaits those that behave that way. When that doesn't go against any of the ten commandments or anything Jesus said.

Yeah i love that guy, it is love, not just lust. Thats the problem, if i would only be sexually attracted to him i would be easily able to overcome it.