• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do some Atheists say Christianity is harmful?

danieldemol

Premium Member
What does that have to do with the Christian truth claims though?
Ah the old Christian merry go round in my view.
Step1 Claim the church is unfettered goodness.
Step2
When that is disproven claim Christianity is true without evidence.
Step3
When that is disproven claim you can't have meaning without Christianity.
Step4
When its shown you can have meaning without Christianity threaten hell.

I'm not new to RF, I've been on the merry go round before many many times.

Either provide reliable evidence Christianity is true or skip to idle threats of hell which critical thinkers will ignore in my view.

Eddi

Pantheist Christian
Premium Member
Well most people think i have gone crazy, so i dont do this out of pressure from others, but out of genuine faith, and belief.
I was thinking more of these guys:

kramer-pope.jpg

"Obey us or you'll be tortured for all eternity!"

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
They usually werent killed if they assimilated.
You really are establishing quite the reputation. Do you not understand just how this remark sounds? You are advocating the murder and genocide of people on the basis of their keeping their own religion and culture. And then you wonder why many atheists consider Christianity to be dangerous.

In fact, I have to confess that it's going through my mind that you are simply catfishing the forum, trolling away, that you don't actually believe in what you are saying. That's because it is fast becoming easier to believe you are lying than that you really believe the wickedness you are openly advocating.

You really are establishing quite the reputation. Do you not understand just how this remark sounds? You are advocating the murder and genocide of people on the basis of their keeping their own religion and culture. And then you wonder why many atheists consider Christianity to be dangerous.

In fact, I have to confess that it's going through my mind that you are simply catfishing the forum, trolling away, that you don't actually believe in what you are saying. That's because it is fast becoming easier to believe you are lying than that you really believe the wickedness you are openly advocating.

Do you believe in God? Do you believe in objective morals? Wouldnt you too want to people follow your morals and beliefs?

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
All my life -- and very, very content being so.

My biggest regret is still losing my virginity to another man. A very shameful and disgusting act in the eyes of God indeed.

Everyday i regret ever acting on my homosexuality in my past. And everyday i hope God can forgive me for those grave sins. He probably will, but only if i completely overcome it for all my life and life totally celibate now.

I wish i could regain my virginity.
I think I can give at least one answer to the question you posed in this thread. And that answer is that it has harmed YOU!

It has robbed you of the opportunity to be your own, authentic self. What possible good can from living a lie? Who can you be if you can't even be who you are?

Believe me, I am not being unkind. One of my best friends, long ago, feeling like you did walked out into Lake Ontario and drowned himself. He wanted to be a "good" person, but couldn't see what his friends saw -- which is that that is exactly what he was. His Christian family and community said otherwise.

Do you know what "Gay Pride" is about? No, it's not about the "sin" of pride -- it's about saying, "I'm not going to be ashamed of who I am! I am as nature (Spinoza's and Einstein's and even Maimonides's God) made me!"

Last edited:

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
My biggest regret is still losing my virginity to another man. A very shameful and disgusting act in the eyes of God indeed.

Everyday i regret ever acting on my homosexuality in my past. And everyday i hope God can forgive me for those grave sins. He probably will, but only if i completely overcome it for all my life and life totally celibate now.

I wish i could regain my virginity.

I forgive you.

The Catholic Church is hypocritical, that's for sure

I'd expect much better from them, if they want to convince everyone they are God's representatives on Earth

It's about as sinister as it is possible to be

You know, in a way if people like you think theyre super evil, this for me makes them even more right. Because if secularists etc. think theyre evil (they dont even believe in objective morals so why would they say this?) Think my institution is pure evil, if they hate and seethe, then obviously theyre doing something right, because if the World hates us, then were right.

IndigoChild5559

Do you believe in God? Do you believe in objective morals? Wouldnt you too want to people follow your morals and beliefs?
Yes, I believe in God.
Yes, I believe morality is objective.
I am actually fine with others worshiping God in their own way. I would wish that all could know the truth, but I would NEVER ***EVER*** force someone to accept my ideas or die. That would be a grave evil.

Yes, I believe in God.
Yes, I believe morality is objective.
I am actually fine with others worshiping God in their own way. I would wish that all could know the truth, but I would NEVER ***EVER*** force someone to accept my ideas or die. That would be a grave evil.

Nor do i want to directly force people, however i obviously want society be influenced by my values and my people i want to control the government.

Doesnt that make sense to you?

IndigoChild5559

You know, in a way if people like you think theyre super evil, this for me makes them even more right. Because if secularists etc. think theyre evil (they dont even believe in objective morals so why would they say this?) Think my institution is pure evil, if they hate and seethe, then obviously theyre doing something right, because if the World hates us, then were right.
Or perhaps you are simply a bigot? Catholics, like Jews and Blacks, have long been prejudiced against in American culture.