• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do the Christians accuse Jesus of writing the NT Bible?

paradox

(㇏(•̀ᵥᵥ•́)ノ)
You cant change meanings because of a "why not". Good god. What in the world are you talking about?
This is a name.

The name may be derived from a verb that means "to be", "to exist", "to cause to become", or "to come to pass".[2][3] While there is no consensus about the structure and etymology of the name, the form Yahweh is now accepted almost universally
Tetragrammaton - Wikipedia

Now if you could tell me where did you get "he exist" from?

paradox

(㇏(•̀ᵥᵥ•́)ノ)
Lol. Do you know what "Elohim" means?
It certainly doesn't mean "gods" if that's what you're aiming for?
literary yes, but this doesn't mean that God is not one.

I can't find a link which explains that the word is used with consonant which implies one God regardless of literal meaning.

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה
Why not "I exist" rather than "He exists"?
Is God speaking of himself in third person singular?
Not knowing Hebrew…. or any other language not one’s own…is not a crime.

Not knowing Hebrew… or any other language not one’s own… but spouting forth about such language as if one knows what one is talking about… is not a crime either.

However the risk to one’s reputation can be great when many, such as members of this forum, who do know the language are part of the audience when one gets it wrong.

You are embarassing yourself.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Why do the Christians accuse Jesus of writing the (whole) Bible?
While Jesus left nothing in writing, nor Jesus dictate anything to anybody. Isn't it a great sinful activity, please?
Right?

Regards
I'm sure the Catholic Church wrote most of the Bible.

paradox

(㇏(•̀ᵥᵥ•́)ノ)
Not knowing HebrewWise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something. or any other language not one’s own…is not a crime.

Not knowing Hebrew… or any other language not one’s own… but spouting forth about such language as if one knows what one is talking about… is not a crime either.

However the risk to one’s reputation can be great when many, such as members of this forum, who do know the language are part of the audience when one gets it wrong.

You are embarassing yourself.
I certainly know nothing about hebrew.
But since you do I assume, why don't you answer my question instead of quoting it only to let me know that I'm embarrassing myself?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
But the Catholicism people deny that, please. They accuse Jesus for that, if I am not wrong, please. Right?
JWs have written their own Bible, I gather, and the Protestantism people their own, please. Catholicism people and Protestantism people recently have prepared their Red Letter Bibles, that differ with one another for on red coloring of the verses, I understand. Right?

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Twilight Hue said:
I presume you’re not including the Tanakh, Jewish scripure, in your definition of the Bible.
Hello old friend!
Just for one's information some sentences from an article on a website:

"It is easy to fail to understand that Jesus actually wrote all of the Bible."
" So, the Trinity wrote all of Scripture."
"But we must remember that Jesus, as the Son of God, appeared as an “angel of the Lord” in the Old Testament and spoke to different individuals. In theology, the Old Testament appearance of the Son of God is called a theophany or a Christophany. So to be consistent, should the Old Testament words of the Son of God be in red letters? Clearly, the Son of God became known as Jesus when was He born in human flesh."
What Are the Pros and Cons of Red Letter Bibles?
Please click the above website to read the full article, I understand, that includes some or many or all verses of what they call the OT, or the Torah/Tanakh, I gather, please. Right?
Everybody is welcome to correct me if I am wrong, please. Right?

Regards

firedragon

Veteran Member
It certainly doesn't mean "gods" if that's what you're aiming for?
literary yes, but this doesn't mean that God is not one.

I can't find a link which explains that the word is used with consonant which implies one God regardless of literal meaning.

Haha. Thats as hilarious as could be. I never said it means "gods". Why don't you step out of the typical Christian evangelical websites? Step out of quick googling. Google is fine, bur delve deeper. Read some books. Obviously you cant find links because links you google quickly are famous websites. This is very simple, and anyone could be wrong, but every tom, dick, and harry knows that El means in its root "power". Elohim is the plural of the word "power" or "might". So it's like Powers. But that's not to say it is a plural in numbers.

Trying to be preemptive you are showing how usual research is done. So shallow its mind boggling.

paradox

(㇏(•̀ᵥᵥ•́)ノ)
From Hebrew understandings. Not some Christian evangelical website where you took "I am who I am" bogusly.

Havah. Ask a Hebrew scholar. Lol. You liked it, now you don't like it. Strange.
I'm not saying I don't like it.
and I don't search just any site, ex. wikipedia I Am that I Am - Wikipedia

Haha. Thats as hilarious as could be. I never said it means "gods". Why don't you step out of the typical Christian evangelical websites? Step out of quick googling. Google is fine, bur delve deeper. Read some books. Obviously you cant find links because links you google quickly are famous websites. This is very simple, and anyone could be wrong, but every tom, dick, and harry knows that El means in its root "power". Elohim is the plural of the word "power" or "might". So it's like Powers. But that's not to say it is a plural in numbers.

Trying to be preemptive you are showing how usual research is done. So shallow its mind boggling.
OK, thanks for explaining, I never bothered my self with hebrew or names of God but sound interesting to learn more about this.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I have written a post #9 in another forum which is relevant here as well:

paarsurrey said:
Just to inform my friends that the red letter Bible of KJV has not marked Romans 2:6-7 in red letters that means these verses are neither written by Jesus nor authored by Jesus, I understand, one may check here, please:
New Testament (RLE): The Epistle of Paul the Apostle to the Romans

paradox said↑
If you take verses in read so uber authoritative maybe consider taking a pencil and strike trough all verses not in red, I mean what's the purpose of them if they're not what Jesus said?

Paarsurrey wrote:
This "Holy" work, as suggested by one, is to be done by the KJV people, please. Right?

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
My post #4 (also given hereunder)
in another thread is also very relevant here, please:

In the king james bible 1 Corinthians 13:13 it says charity is better then faith and hope.I disagree.What do you think?:)
Please don't worry about one's disagreement. It is not written/authored by Jesus as it has not been marked in red in the red letter Bible by the KJV, one may check and confirm, please:
New Testament (RLE): The First Epistle of Paul the Apostle to the Corinthians

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
paarsurrey said:
They (the Catholicism peoples) include Yahweh not once in the Bible but in 6,823 places, and then again exclude it.
Is it the doing of the Catholicism people or is it the the doing (writing and or authoring) of Jesus, please? Right?

what do you mean they add it but then exclude it?

It is mentioned about the Jerusalem Bible, I gather, in the article:
Jerusalem Bible - Wikipedia
Right?

Regards

Last edited:

paradox

(㇏(•̀ᵥᵥ•́)ノ)
They (the Catholicism peoples) include Yahweh not once in the Bible but in 6,823
places, and then again exclude it. Is it the doing of the Catholicism people or is it the the doing (writing and or authoring) of Jesus, please? Right?

Right?

Wikipedia is somewhat clear in that Jerusalem bible uses name "Yahweh" in the bible instead of God, some other translation use name LORD.
However this has nothing to do with Catholic church, God's literal name is and was considered holy, scripture writers of ancient time washed their face in water every time they had to write YHWH as a ritual to respect holy name.

Yahweh is not literal name and thus not an issue regarding God's holyness, now you understand why YHWH literal meaning is not used in bibles, because it's holy.
Therefore it's not only Catholics that refuse to refer to God literary, but every translation of the bible does.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Paarsurrey said:
They (the Catholicism peoples) include Yahweh not once in the Bible but in 6,823
places, and then again exclude it. Is it the doing of the Catholicism people or is it the the doing (writing and or authoring) of Jesus, please? Right?
Paarsurrey said↑
Wikipedia is somewhat clear in that Jerusalem bible uses name "Yahweh" in the bible instead of God, some other translation use name LORD.
However this has nothing to do with Catholic church, God's literal name is and was considered holy, scripture writers of ancient time washed their face in water every time they had to write YHWH as a ritual to respect holy name.

Yahweh is not literal name and thus not an issue regarding God's holyness, now you understand why YHWH literal meaning is not used in bibles, because it's holy.
Therefore it's not only Catholics that refuse to refer to God literary, but every translation of the bible does.
"nothing to do with Catholic church"

Don't worry, we know what the Pauline-Catholic-Church has been doing with their scripture, in all these years, as we have observed, please. Right?

Regards