• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Do You Reject Jesus?

firedragon

Veteran Member
One can accept that Jesus existed and was a great teacher/guru without considering him a lord or savior.
Why Salix? Why one, but not another? You speak of evidence right? Can you explain why you could accept Jesus was a teacher etc but no lord or savior? Is that based on evidence or your predisposition?

Balthazzar

Christian Evolutionist
Why don’t you think Jesus’ sacrifice was meant for you? Don’t the scriptures say He died for the sins of the world; wouldn’t that include you and everyone?
It doesn't matter what it says about the world and how you interpret this. I understand it the only way I'm able. I wasn't there. I wasn't his friend. He never called me his friend. I wasn't part of his team who only had two swords against a roman troop out to apprehend him. He gave his life for his friends. We give our own as a contribution to the world we live in. Our hands, feet, mouths, ears and actions are part of our contribution to everyone else. Jesus was shamed. He despised that shame. It became a curse and is counted as one. I'll honor his life and his sacrifice for his friends. They lived because he went peacefully. A stand-up guy he was and a good teacher.

Ebionite

Jesus isn’t a part of Judaism.
The name of Jesus is a corruption of Yeshua. The long form (Yahushua) is found in Zechariah 3, which relates to the inquity that was borne by the righteous servant of Isaiah 53. The righteous servant is also mentioned in Psalm 35, and relates to the man who was a member of the Jewish community in Palestine. The prophetic context of the righteous servant of Judaism matches the description of aspects of the life of Jesus described in the gospels.

InChrist

Free4ever
It doesn't matter what it says about the world and how you interpret this. I understand it the only way I'm able. I wasn't there. I wasn't his friend. He never called me his friend. I wasn't part of his team who only had two swords against a roman troop out to apprehend him. He gave his life for his friends. We give our own as a contribution to the world we live in. Our hands, feet, mouths, ears and actions are part of our contribution to everyone else. Jesus was shamed. He despised that shame. It became a curse and is counted as one. I'll honor his life and his sacrifice for his friends. They lived because he went peacefully. A stand-up guy he was and a good teacher.
Thanks for sharing your perspective further. That’s not how I understand it, but no need to argue with you. Have a good evening.

Jimmy

Veteran Member
The name of Jesus is a corruption of Yeshua. The long form (Yahushua) is found in Zechariah 3, which relates to the inquity that was borne by the righteous servant of Isaiah 53. The righteous servant is also mentioned in Psalm 35, and relates to the man who was a member of the Jewish community in Palestine. The prophetic context of the righteous servant of Judaism matches the description of aspects of the life of Jesus described in the gospels.
Ok but not according to the Jewish people that I’ve talked to on this website.

Ebionite

Not exactly sure what that means
The criticism of the Pharisees from the gospels of making the law a burden relates to the Talmudic practice of making a fence around the Torah. Denying that Jesus is part of Judaism is the most direct way of nullifying that criticism.

Jimmy

Veteran Member
The criticism of the Pharisees from the gospels of making the law a burden relates to the Talmudic practice of making a fence around the Torah. Denying that Jesus is part of Judaism is the most direct way of nullifying that criticism.
Still lost

Ebionite

I do not know why you think that Psalm 35 is about Jesus although I can understand why you think that Isaiah 53 is about Jesus.
Both Psalm 35 and Isaiah 53 are about the righteous servant.

Psalm 35 describes false witnesses who are treated as friends. When Jesus was taken he referred to Judas as a friend. Judas came in the company of the chief priests and elders, and the the chief priests and elders were responsible for finding the false witnesses who testified about Jesus.

Psalm 35 also refers to a net and a pit (entraptment), and a verbal trap was set for Jesus when he was asked whether or not tribute should be paid to Caesar. The issue of tribute was also part of the false allegations made against Jesus.

Also the reference to eating could be about the Pauline communion, which is about death.

With hypocritical mockers in feasts, they gnashed upon me with their teeth.
Psalms 35:16

For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.
1 Corinthians 11:26

Ebionite

Still lost
One of the criticisms of the Pharisees was that they were outwardly beautiful but inwardly repugnant. Denying that a criticism is relevant is a way of keeping up appearances that is consistent with a focus on the superficial. The characteristic is typical of the prideful or boastful, which was a characteristic of Paul, who was both a Christian and a Pharisee.

Ebionite

So do you think that Jesus was the only righteous servant who ever existed?
No, the point is that the title of 'righteous servant' is not commonly used in the Bible and there are several associations between that title and prophetic references to Yeshua/Yahushua (Jesus).

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
No, the point is that the title of 'righteous servant' is not commonly used in the Bible and there are several associations between that title and prophetic references to Yeshua/Yahushua (Jesus).
Read Isaiah 53. Jews believe it is about Israel, Christians believe it is about Jesus, and Baha’is believe it is about Baha’u’llah.
You have to read the whole chapter and each verse to determine what or who it is about.

Christians and Baha’is believe Isaiah 53 is about the Messiah but only some verses could apply to Jesus whereas all the verses can be applied to Baha’u’llah. Of course one has to know Baha'i history in order to know that.

Regarding Isaiah 53:3, Jesus was despised and rejected by certain Jews who wanted Him executed, but He was not rejected by most men. Jesus was a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief, but He was esteemed by many men. Certainly, Isaiah 53:4, Isaiah 53:5, and Isaiah 53:8 could apply to Jesus, but they also apply to Baha’u’llah. However, Isaiah 53:9 and Isaiah 53:10 cannot apply to Jesus because Jesus did not make His grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death. Jesus made his soul an offering for sin, but He did not see his seed and His days were not prolonged, so there is no way Isaiah 53:10 can be about Jesus, and that is why we know it is about someone else who would be the Messiah of the end days, someone to whom all the verses can be applied.

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
That’s cool. I don’t believe in eternal death either. In fact it doesn’t exist because of Jesus. Thank God. As far as karma goes, I don’t care much for it because bad things happen to good people and good things happen to bad people unfortunately.
Karma is not about it ensuring that good things happen to good PPL and bad things happen to bad people. Karma is the awareness that actions bind a person, physically with their consequences, and mentally, through creating habits and modes of acting that reduce their freedom to do otherwise. Thus human actions and reactions become predictable, like that of inanimate matter, as we loose the ability to act, think and behave with the freedom that we truly possess. If we are bound like inanimate matter, we would be treated by the universe like inanimate matter....she will make us and break us like the mountains and the sea. And THAT is why we suffer. Rocks don't feel happy or suffer as they rise with the mountains or fall into the sea. But we are happy as we rise in status and circumstances and are sad when we fall into poverty or sickness.
Thus Karma Yoga is the skill that is taught on how to act without causing those actions to bind you physically or mentally, to regain and retain your freedom of will from the chain of habits and conditioning. For a skillful one, the making and unmaking that is the cycle of natural life is no longer a cause of either exhuberence or depression. And freedom brings with it the unconditioned joy that is the first step in path of a true spiritual awakening.