• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Do You Reject Jesus?

Jimmy

Veteran Member
Well since we are sharing...
Numbers 23:19 God is not a man nor a son of man.
1 Samuel 15:29 He is not a man.
Job 9:32 He is not a man.
Hosea 11:9 I am God, and not a man
All this simply states is that God is not a man it doesn’t say God isn’t Jesus

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
All this simply states is that God is not a man it doesn’t say God isn’t Jesus
I don't want to belabor the point, so I will reiterate one final time, and move on. The verses do say that God isn't Jesus, because those verses specifically exclude any man (like Jesus) from being God.

Anyhow, I don't mind if you disagree. Separate brains and all. :)

Jimmy

Veteran Member
Then I don't understand your remark, "he is God." The four verses I quoted about God not being a man are about God, not about Jesus. In fact they specifically EXCLUDE Jesus as God since Jesus is a mn.
You’re quoting the Old Testament. Jesus wasn’t even born yet.

Jimmy

Veteran Member
I don't want to belabor the point, so I will reiterate one final time, and move on. The verses do say that God isn't Jesus, because those verses specifically exclude any man (like Jesus) from being God.

Anyhow, I don't mind if you disagree. Separate brains and all. :)
It’s all cool I’m enjoying the conversation. Yes any man like Jesus, but Jesus wasn’t any man. I think that’s pretty clear.

Jimmy

Veteran Member
Well since we are sharing...
Numbers 23:19 God is not a man nor a son of man.
1 Samuel 15:29 He is not a man.
Job 9:32 He is not a man.
Hosea 11:9 I am God, and not a man
This is old testament that has nothing to do with Jesus. The only thing that these passages state is that God is not a man. They don’t say God isn’t Jesus. Know what I mean? Jesus wasn’t even born yet so to use these passages to refute Jesus is God doesn’t make sense. Anyway, that’s enough of a history lesson.
Christians clearly see the distinction between God and Jesus and recognize their differences but they also recognize the power that lies with Jesus and the similarities between God and Jesus. They don’t ignore Jesus’ role as the resurrection and the life which pretty much equates to being God himself. Jesus and God are inseparable. One cannot exist without the other.

Last edited:

IndigoChild5559

This is old testament that has nothing to do with Jesus. The only thing that these passages state is that God is not a man. They don’t say God isn’t Jesus. Know what I mean? Jesus wasn’t even born yet so to use these passages to refute Jesus is God doesn’t make sense. Anyway, that’s enough of a history lesson.
Christians clearly see the distinction between God and Jesus and recognize their differences but they also recognize the power that lies with Jesus and the similarities between God and Jesus. They don’t ignore Jesus’ role as the resurrection and the life which pretty much equates to being God himself. Jesus and God are inseparable. One cannot exist without the other.
If it's alright, could you reply just one time to a given post? You often repeat the same remarks in multiple responses, just altering the wording a wee bity. I don't really care to keep repeating my reply. I figure you will understand my point the first time I say it. If not, I doubt that repeating it will help. :)

Jimmy

Veteran Member
If it's alright, could you reply just one time to a given post? You often repeat the same remarks in multiple responses, just altering the wording a wee bity. I don't really care to keep repeating my reply. I figure you will understand my point the first time I say it. If not, I doubt that repeating it will help. :)
Well, I had a couple different ideas going on there. Sorry about that.

IndigoChild5559

Have you ever asked him? If so, what answer did he give you?
Contrary to rumor, I have never audibly heard God's voice. :) The only "answer" I have is those verses I should you from the Tanakh.

BTW, you avoided my question, so I'll ask once more: Are you saying that God's nature changes?

Jimmy

Veteran Member
Contrary to rumor, I have never audibly heard God's voice. :) The only "answer" I have is those verses I should you from the Tanakh.

BTW, you avoided my question, so I'll ask once more: Are you saying that God's nature changes?
It seems to me you already know the answer. Am I wrong?

Kfox

What is your reason for not accepting Jesus Christ as your lord and savior? The one who saves us all from eternal death—separation from God—according to the Holy Bible.
How do you know Jesus even claimed to be the Christ? The problem with Jesus is that he never wrote anything down, so nobody really knows what he said, all we know is what other people claimed he said or did; and of course what many of these people claimed he said contradicts. Example; if you believe what those men who wrote of him and their books eventually became the Bible, according to those men Jesus claimed to be the son of God. But if you believe those who wrote some of the Gnostic gospels, or even the Quran, according to those men, Jesus never even made such claims. So who do you believe?

Jimmy

Veteran Member
No one has the answer for 100% certain. But I'm as sure as I can be.

Still waiting for your answer.
Well, maybe you could be a little more sure if you ask God. I’m not being snide, I’m being serious. The verses from the Tanakh were likely passed down from oral tradition, but they came from somewhere, from somebody’s mind.. so I’m sure your mind could get some answers as well no? All you have to do is ask. It might take a lot of time, but the answers will come. I think at some point a little bit of common sense, soul searching and wisdom of our own reality must come in to play and be applied to one’s spiritual beliefs. Know what I mean? So that’s the best answer I can give you to your question.

Last edited:

InChrist

Free4ever
We're like he was, and he was like we are. Hands, feet, ears, mouth's, etc. each of us doing our own thing to get through this thing called life. He was truth centered, a good teacher, a good shepherd, and he showed us some things worth taking to heart. I only reject the sacrifice. I don't think it was meant for me, but for those who were in the garden of Gethsemani with him, his disciples (friends). Otherwise, yeah ... go Jesus. He would have been a good friend to know.
Why don’t you think Jesus’ sacrifice was meant for you? Don’t the scriptures say He died for the sins of the world; wouldn’t that include you and everyone?

Jimmy

Veteran Member
How do you know Jesus even claimed to be the Christ? The problem with Jesus is that he never wrote anything down, so nobody really knows what he said, all we know is what other people claimed he said or did; and of course what many of these people claimed he said contradicts. Example; if you believe what those men who wrote of him and their books eventually became the Bible, according to those men Jesus claimed to be the son of God. But if you believe those who wrote some of the Gnostic gospels, or even the Quran, according to those men, Jesus never even made such claims. So who do you believe?
I think at some point a little bit of common sense, soul searching and wisdom of our own reality must come in to play and be applied to one’s spiritual beliefs. Know what I mean?