• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Do You Reject Jesus?

Eliana

Really? I’m sorry you feel that way because I am being sincere. I think the real reason you won’t converse with me is because of how I responded to your introduction thread when I said you don’t sound like a live and let live person after you listed all the people you can’t stand. Oh well, take care then.
When you make asinine statements such as "the core of Judaism is rejecting Jesus" it's hard to take you seriously.

I don't care one iota if someone likes me or my views, and I don't tell lies. If I had some sort of grievance with you about your statement in my thread, I'd have said so there. You're obviously an evangelical and took what I said personally, well welcome to the club. I'm a Jew and I get called Christ killer, synagogue of Satan, implicated in conspiracy theories and other vile crap by Christians all the time. Life isn't fair, buy a helmet.

Jimmy

Veteran Member
When you make asinine statements such as "the core of Judaism is rejecting Jesus" it's hard to take you seriously.

I don't care one iota if someone likes me or my views, and I don't tell lies. If I had some sort of grievance with you about your statement in my thread, I'd have said so there. You're obviously an evangelical and took what I said personally, well welcome to the club. I'm a Jew and I get called Christ killer, synagogue of Satan, implicated in conspiracy theories and other vile crap by Christians all the time. Life isn't fair, buy a helmet.
I respect Jews beliefs.
IMG_4650.png

I posted this yesterday. I was on Google one day and came across someone who claimed that and I posted it without doing research so I realize it was inconsiderate, so if that’s any consolation, I can recognize when I’ve made mistakes. But as people told me Jewish people don’t give Jesus any thought so I’m aware of that now. It was an inconsiderate post. I mean, I wasn’t hating on Jewish people or anything, but it shouldn’t have been posted.

Jimmy

Veteran Member

So if you were offended by the thread titled Judaism core, I apologize. But at that time, I truly believed what I read on Google and I just wanted to know why Jesus was the core and still such a forefront in Judaism. That’s all.

Jimmy

Veteran Member

These two have been keeping their own little debate going and it’s been keeping this thread that I’m not to proud of to the forefront so I just asked them if they could take their debate elsewhere.

Attachments

• IMG_4651.png
    IMG_4651.png
    550.7 KB · Views: 28

Jimmy

Veteran Member

Actually, I’m going to ask the staff to delete it

Eliana

So if you were offended by the thread titled Judaism core, I apologize. But at that time, I truly believed what I read on Google and I just wanted to know why Jesus was the core and still such a forefront in Judaism. That’s all.
I'm not offended, it's just a ridiculous thing to say. You're telling me you REALLY thought that was the core of Judaism? I'd like to know where on Google you found this information.

Sargonski

I'm not offended, it's just a ridiculous thing to say. You're telling me you REALLY thought that was the core of Judaism? I'd like to know where on Google you found this information.

As per my post above the idea that Jesus was core of Judaism is ridiculous nonsense on steroids .. Jesus not being alive during the creation ~Fifth century BC .. after the Death of God YHWH.

What does interest me however is what do we call the core of Judaism .. given this harsh reality that the God of Judah was killed by Lord Marduk.

Jimmy

Veteran Member
It is ridiculous. I looked for it again. I can’t find it. Well, I knew a little bit about Judaism but after I read that, I’m like hmm. I didn’t know that they thought that. So I guess I got bamboozled.

Jimmy

Veteran Member
As per my post above the idea that Jesus was core of Judaism is ridiculous nonsense on steroids .. Jesus not being alive during the creation ~Fifth century BC .. after the Death of God YHWH.

What does interest me however is what do we call the core of Judaism .. given this harsh reality that the God of Judah was killed by Lord Marduk.
Judaism is a monotheistic faith with many core beliefs and practices:
  • God
    Jews believe in one God, Yahweh, who is eternal, incorporeal, and all-powerful.

Jimmy

Veteran Member
Well, I tried to get that thread deleted, but they won’t delete threads with more than 20 posts. I tried. I’m not beyond seeing when I’m in the wrong.

Ebionite

Original Judaism focuses on righteousness, and Yeshua (Jesus) is the righteous servant of Isaiah 53 and Psalm 35.

Eliana

As per my post above the idea that Jesus was core of Judaism is ridiculous nonsense on steroids .. Jesus not being alive during the creation ~Fifth century BC .. after the Death of G_d ____.

So instead you replace it with your own ridiculous nonsense?

FYI, spelling the name of HaShem is a big no no for Jewish people.

Balthazzar

Christian Evolutionist
What is your reason for not accepting Jesus Christ as your lord and savior? The one who saves us all from eternal death—separation from God—according to the Holy Bible.
We're like he was, and he was like we are. Hands, feet, ears, mouth's, etc. each of us doing our own thing to get through this thing called life. He was truth centered, a good teacher, a good shepherd, and he showed us some things worth taking to heart. I only reject the sacrifice. I don't think it was meant for me, but for those who were in the garden of Gethsemani with him, his disciples (friends). Otherwise, yeah ... go Jesus. He would have been a good friend to know.

Eliana

Well, I tried to get that thread deleted, but they won’t delete threads with more than 20 posts. I tried. I’m not beyond seeing when I’m in the wrong.
Admitting being wrong is admirable, but I am still questioning you seriously believing is was the core of Judaism in the first place.

Jimmy

Veteran Member
Admitting being wrong is admirable, but I am still questioning you seriously believing is was the core of Judaism in the first place.
Like I said, I don’t know much about judaism and I think it’s believable that somebody who doesn’t know much about judaism would believe that if they read it somewhere.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Original Judaism focuses on righteousness, and Yeshua (Jesus) is the righteous servant of Isaiah 53 and Psalm 35.
I do not know why you think that Psalm 35 is about Jesus although I can understand why you think that Isaiah 53 is about Jesus.

I do not believe that Isaiah 53 is about Jesus. There are certain reasons why it cannot be about Jesus and I will tell you if you want to know.