• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Do You Reject Jesus?

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
It didn’t just happen. If you must know I had a personal life altering experience.
Sure, that's not uncommon, but it doesn't change anything. You categorized that life-altering experience based on the religious frame you had. Someone else with a different frame would categorize it differently. For instance, that Muslim would have the same experience but frame it within Islam instead.

Jimmy

Veteran Member
Sure, that's not uncommon, but it doesn't change anything. You categorized that life-altering experience based on the religious frame you had. Someone else with a different frame would categorize it differently. For instance, that Muslim would have the same experience but frame it within Islam instead.
You win. You’re right, the reason why I’m back to being a Christian and a follower of Jesus is because of my indoctrination. Geesh, I feel like that was a wasted conversation.

Last edited:

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
What is your reason for not accepting Jesus Christ as your lord and savior? The one who saves us all from eternal death—separation from God—according to the Holy Bible.
Because as a Hindu and former Christian I don't believe in the Christian doctrine of sin and salvation. There is nothing to be saved from. I don't believe in "eternal death". In Hinduism we have sins, but not sin in the Christian sense. Sin in the Abrahamic religions includes offenses against or disobedience of God. Hinduism does not believe in a God that can be offended. That is an effect of ego, God in Hinduism has no ego. God cannot be disobeyed because God doesn't give laws or commandments. God is creator, maintainer and preserver, and dissolutioner (of the old and worn out). So, while Jesus is a teacher, he's unnecessary as a savior. The underlying basis for us "behaving" ourselves is ahimsā, non-injury and non-harm. So what rewards and punishes us? The laws of karma.​

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
You win. You’re right, the reason why I’m back to being a Christian and a follower of Jesus is because of my indoctrination. Geesh, I feel like that was a wasted conversation.
It's not wasted if you learned something. You learned that your indoctrination is responsible for your belief in Christianity, so I'd say it was worth it.

Jimmy

Veteran Member
Because as a Hindu and former Christian I don't believe in the Christian doctrine of sin and salvation. There is nothing to be saved from. I don't believe in "eternal death". In Hinduism we have sins, but not sin in the Christian sense. Sin in the Abrahamic religions includes offenses against or disobedience of God. Hinduism does not believe in a God that can be offended. That is an effect of ego, God in Hinduism has no ego. God cannot be disobeyed because God doesn't give laws or commandments. God is creator, maintainer and preserver, and dissolutioner (of the old and worn out). So, while Jesus is a teacher, he's unnecessary as a savior. The underlying basis for us "behaving" ourselves is ahimsā, non-injury and non-harm. So what rewards and punishes us? The laws of karma.​
That’s cool. I don’t believe in eternal death either. In fact it doesn’t exist because of Jesus. Thank God. As far as karma goes, I don’t care much for it because bad things happen to good people and good things happen to bad people unfortunately.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
What is your reason for not accepting Jesus Christ as your lord and savior? The one who saves us all from eternal death—separation from God—according to the Holy Bible.
What is your reason for not accepting Freya, or Odin, or Illyria?

Is it because you accept the Bible and they are not listed in the Bible?

Jimmy

Veteran Member
What is your reason for not accepting Freya, or Odin, or Illyria?

Is it because you accept the Bible and they are not listed in the Bible?
I found that the story of Jesus was the closest to reality among the world religions such as the story of Jesus’ return, a new earth, new heaven and having everlasting life. I came back to it because I miss the camaraderie of Christians. For 15 years, I believed something that only I believed. I mean there may have been a couple people on the planet, who believed it. Haha. It was a lonely road and I needed to make changes. I see more clearly now. I can talk to my family about Jesus without lying or hiding things. It feels kind of good. I think that’s one of the the perks of organized religions. It brings people together where they can talk about common beliefs, relate to one another and not feel so weird about it.

For the past seven years, I’ve been coming here and speaking my truth. I never shared what I believed with people in the real world, my family included. I got tired of it. It was a lonely road for the past 15 years so now I’m back to my roots.

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal
I don't accept Jesus as my lord and savior. I don't accept Jesus as God. I don't think that means I reject a lot within the core of his message. It's not the same thing as "rejecting" Jesus.

There is nothing wrong with loving one's neighbor, feeding the poor, etc. Millions of Christians "reject" Jesus.

Jimmy

Veteran Member
I don't accept Jesus as my lord and savior. I don't accept Jesus as God. I don't think that means I reject a lot within the core of his message. It's not the same thing as "rejecting" Jesus.

There is nothing wrong with loving one's neighbor, feeding the poor, etc. Millions of Christians "reject" Jesus.
Sure, we all probably have room for improvement.

Jimmy

Veteran Member

Well I wasn’t really asking if you reject his teachings but I hear ya.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
The idea that Jesus was supremely innocent and needed to be crucified on a Roman cross so that the guilty; everyone able to choose and believe, could be redeemed to God strikes me as quite senseless, especially for an all powerful, just God. The innocent for the guilty. No way.

Mercy requires the blood sacrifice atonement of the supremely innocent for the guilty is pure fantasy. I mean no worthy legal system has the innocent paying the way for the guilty. It's brutal and savage.

Other then that prove that Jesus was resurrected.

The Bible is far from being grounded in reality. Supernatural events such as talking serpents, talking donkeys, parting Red Sea, Noah's Ark, Jonah, the burning bush, pillar of fire, etc. is pure nonsense of the like no one could ever witness such things happening.

Find a Christian today who has witnessed the supernatural, or anybody, and you've found someone living in pure delusion or just totally lying.

No one in history loves their enemies. Define love, and tell me you apply that to your enemies. No way.

Define sinner and evil. Then tell me that all such things are forgivable in the instant of conviction, belief, and faith. No way.

Eternal damnation hinged upon faith and belief convictions and choices is cruel religion.

Countless other reasons involving the highly questionable morality of God's commands and actions.

The fact that salvation is packaged with the need for intense study, and acceptance of countless absurdities and inconsistent morals.

Here's a contradiction:
Thou shall not kill is a Commandment yet Ecclesiastes tells of a time to kill.

Mental gymnastics and rationalizations abound for the believer.

The Bible is not simplicity. There's no obvious truth to glean from it.

Jimmy

Veteran Member
The idea that Jesus was supremely innocent and needed to be crucified on a Roman cross so that the guilty; everyone able to choose and believe, could be redeemed to God strikes me as quite senseless, especially for an all powerful, just God. The innocent for the guilty. No way.

Mercy requires the blood sacrifice atonement of the supremely innocent for the guilty is pure fantasy. I mean no worthy legal system has the innocent paying the way for the guilty. It's brutal and savage.

Other then that prove that Jesus was resurrected.

The Bible is far from being grounded in reality. Supernatural events such as talking serpents, talking donkeys, parting Red Sea, Noah's Ark, Jonah, the burning bush, pillar of fire, etc. is pure nonsense of the like no one could ever witness such things happening.

Find a Christian today who has witnessed the supernatural, or anybody, and you've found someone living in pure delusion or just totally lying.

No one in history loves their enemies. Define love, and tell me you apply that to your enemies. No way.

Define sinner and evil. Then tell me that all such things are forgivable in the instant of conviction, belief, and faith. No way.

Eternal damnation hinged upon faith and belief convictions and choices is cruel religion.

Countless other reasons involving the highly questionable morality of God's commands and actions.

The fact that salvation is packaged with the need for intense study, and acceptance of countless absurdities and inconsistent morals.

Here's a contradiction:
Thou shall not kill is a Commandment yet Ecclesiastes tells of a time to kill.

Mental gymnastics and rationalizations abound for the believer.

The Bible is not simplicity. There's no obvious truth to glean from it.
You seem quite gung ho. Respectively, I’ll leave you to it.