• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Do You Reject Jesus?

Jimmy

Veteran Member
The majority of Sunnis today believe him as a reviver of the religion and leader, but not chosen like Prophets are chosen and not that level of exaltedness and that he will be born (is not alive now).

Majority of Sunnis use to believe that he was the son of Hassan Al-Askari and the pole of time.
I see. Thanks for sharing all this stuff. So I would say that the Sunnis belief is very similar to that of Judaism and their beliefs.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I see. Thanks for sharing all this stuff. So I would say that the Sunnis belief is very similar to that of Judaism and their beliefs.
Judaism has the Messiah as an exalted person to be born at the end times and is near the caliber of Moses (but not at his level exactly). I don't think they see him a regular person.

And no problem. What's interesting to me, is how to verify the Mahdi in the Quran. Because he isn't explicitly in there, but you rather have to combine themes including the fact that God does not punish unless he sends a messenger and that no city will not be destroyed type of threat before day of judgment (every city can be potentially destroyed if they reject). And if you have to keep in mind Ahlulbayt (a) are the path (42:23, 25:57) and that for every people is a guide (13:7).

Also the warning of all destroyed nations and cities rotates to him but on a global threat scale. This type of Quran I don't think anyone can see without help of the guide.

Jimmy

Veteran Member
Judaism has the Messiah as an exalted person to be born at the end times and is near the caliber of Moses (but not at his level exactly). I don't think they see him a regular person.
I hear you, but they don’t see him as Jesus caliber either

Jimmy

Veteran Member
Ahlulbayt (a) said we can praise them with anything as long as we don't raise them to gods (equate them with God).
Interesting but in Christianity, we see Christ as God, probably because of the fact that he has the power to give us everlasting life. …but we also recognize the power of the Father as well and that he is the father of Jesus who is also God.

God and Jesus are the same, but also different.

Jimmy

Veteran Member
Ahlulbayt (a) said we can praise them with anything as long as we don't raise them to gods (equate them with God).
Well, now you’re confusing me again because earlier you said Shiites believe in a Mahdi who can give everlasting life. That sounds pretty godlike to me.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
In Quran, we see just nineteen Angels (a) are able to hold all of Jinn and humans in hell no matter what power they held. The fact is no one can know the true power of God's Angels let alone those higher then them like Jesus (a). God knows his forces unseen potential and reality and no one else does.

Mohammad (s) and his family (a) though augmented heaven in that a lot Jinn came to believe when they saw their power to great and that they can't even steal a hearing anymore. This disabled a lot of predicting power of soothsayers on earth.

I believe Gospels corrects the Tanakh in the that the Torah and books after degrade exalted leaders chosen by God such as Solomon dying a pagan, Aaron vying with Moses authority, Saul (the first one, the king) being jealous of David, and Lot having sex with his daughters, and so on and so forth. David setting up a person to die out of lust for his wife and so on and so forth.

This is from Sahifa Sajjadiya

أللَّهُمَّ إنَّكَ أَيَّدْتَ دِينَكَ فِي كُلِّ أَوَان
al-laahum-ma in-naka ay-yat-ta deenaka
152.O God, surely You hast confirmed Your religion in all times

بِإمَام أَقَمْتَهُ عَلَماً لِعِبَادِكَ وَّمَنارَاً فِي بِلاَدِكَ،
biimaamin aqam-tahoo a'lamal-lii'baadika wa manaaran fee? bilaadik
153.with an Imam (leader) whom You hast set up as a guidepost to Your servants and a lighthouse in Your lands,

بَعْدَ أَنْ وَصَلْتَ حَبْلَهُ بِحَبْلِكَ،
baa'-da aw-was'al-ta h'ab-lahoo bih'ab-lik
154.after his cord has been joined to Your cord!

وَجَعَلْتَهُ الذَّرِيعَةَ إلَى رِضْوَانِكَ،
wa jaa'l-tahud'-d'areea'ta ilaa riz''-waanik
155.You hast appointed him the means to Your good pleasure,

وَافْتَرَضْتَ طَاعَتَهُ، وَحَذَّرْتَ مَعْصِيَتَهُ،
waf-taraz''-ta t'aaa'tah wa h'ad'-d'ar-ta maa'-s'eeatah
156.made obeying him obligatory, cautioned against disobeying him,

وَأَمَرْتَ بِامْتِثَالِ أوَاِمِرِه وَالانْتِهَآءِ عِنْدَ نَهْيِهِ،
wa amar-ta bim-tithaali awaamirih walintihaaa-i i'nda nah-yih
157.and commanded following his commands, abandoning what he has prohibited,

وَأَلاَّ يَتَقَدَّمَهُ مُتَقَدِّمٌ، وَلاَ يَتَأَخَّرَ عَنْهُ مُتَأَخِّرٌ،فَهُوَ عِصْمَةُ اللاَّئِذِينَ
wa al-laa yataqad-damahoo mutaqad-dim wa laa yataakh-khara a'n-hoo mutaakh-khir fa huwa i's'-matul-laaa-id'een
158.and that no forward-goer go ahead of him or back-keeper keep back from him! So he is the preservation of the shelter-seekers,

، وَكَهْفُ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ، وَعُرْوَةُ الْمُتَمَسِّكِينَ، وَبَهَآءُ الْعَالَمِينَ.
wa kah-ful-moo-mineen wa u'r-watul-mutamas-sikeen wa bahaaa-ul-a'alameen
159.the cave of the faithful, the handhold of the adherents, and the radiance of the worlds!

Last edited:

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Well, now you’re confusing me again because earlier you said Shiites believe in a Mahdi who can give everlasting life. That sounds pretty godlike to me.
Of course, but we see exalted servants of God as higher than godlike powers that polytheists give their gods. However, we don't call them gods, because their Creator is far above them. We don't compare them. We exalt them, but the highest exalting is for God alone, so we won't worship them.

I Am Hugh

Researcher
It is through Jesus we attain everlasting life.

Okay. How are we separated from God? I take it you mean Jehovah, the Almighty God of the Bible? Are your beliefs just religious tradition? Is there any rational explanation why we are separated from God, how we are, that sort of thing? Because I believe that we have been since our creation. Since Adam. And I can explain why and how that is, I've already sort of very briefly touched upon it a couple times here in my posting. If you can't explain it then that would be an excellent reason for rejecting Jesus. In my opinion. Of course, many, many, people would disagree. Then the question becomes who and what was Jesus? Full circle. Explanation needed.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
What is your reason for not accepting Jesus Christ as your lord and savior? The one who saves us all from eternal death—separation from God—according to the Holy Bible.

What I reject is the idea of sin.
I'd also reject if there was sin, someone else would have to die to pay for them.

If that is what Jesus was to you, then I reject that idea. I would also reject a God who'd let someone else suffer in my place for any transgressions they thought I did.

Either I earn my place or I don't. I wouldn't accept someone else earning it for me. Any God that would require this is not worthy.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
What is your reason for not accepting Jesus Christ as your lord and savior? The one who saves us all from eternal death—separation from God—according to the Holy Bible.
Why are you not an atheist?
What is your reason for not accepting Muhammad?
What is your reason for not becoming a Hindu, a Buddhist, or a pagan?

Once you can answer these questions, you should more easily understand the various answers you will get to your question. At least I hope so, yet my expectations remain low.

Whateverist

I just want to point out that there is a difference between "believe in Jesus" and "accepting Jesus [Christ] as your lord and savior."

Isn't there also a difference between following Jesus by way of his example and thinking his disembodied essence hovers near wanting to join with you? Believing that his example was a good one or even best, seems pretty different than looking to him as a spiritual general with a plan for you.

Last edited:

SalixIncendium

अहं ब्रह्मास्मि
Staff member
Premium Member
Isn't there also a difference between following Jesus by way of his example and thinking his disembodied essence hovers near wanting to join with you?
Yes, but the latter gives some a sense of security. Since such an idea doesn't affect me, who am I to attempt to take that away from them?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
What I reject is the idea of sin.
I'd also reject if there was sin, someone else would have to die to pay for them.
I reject the belief that there was ever an original sin committed by Adam and Eve since I believe that was only an allegorical story...

The centerpiece of Christian doctrine is that of Redemption, something of which Jesus himself knew nothing; and it goes back to Paul.

Jesus talked about sin, but not redemption from an original sin committed by Adam and Eve, so original sin is not what Jesus died to pay for.

In the Baha'i Faith, sin means acting contrary to the Will of God relative to our nature and purpose as humans, which would include disobedience to God's laws.

Baha'is believe that Jesus died for the world's sins, and served as a ransom for the “whole creation,” making a new spiritual life available to all people and infusing a fresh capacity into all created things.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Believing that his example was a good one or even best, seems pretty different than looking to him as spiritual general with a plan for you.
I believe that Jesus knew there would be a Plan for humanity but humanity was not ready to receive the Plan in the days of Jesus and that is why Jesus said:

John 16:12-14 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

I believe that the Plan was revealed by the Spirit of truth but it was not revealed until the present age.