• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Do You Reject Jesus?

Sargonski

My pleasure.

I have no problem with people having other viewpoints. There are, of course, other interpretations and viewpoints. One can’t simply dispense of ones position because someone else has a different position.

And, obviously, I am strictly viewing it within the context of my faith.

There is no surprise on my part that religions and statements have similar stories and prophetic beliefs. Single source is the beginning with variations being produced over time.

According to my scriptures, which not everyone subscribes to, it says: 1 John 2:18 Little children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that the Antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come, by which we know that it is the last hour

Whether before, during or after the time of Christ, there are many who come saying they are the Christ. So Hammurapi’s and Ur-Nammu’s Law code doesn’t translate that they were “the” Christ that was spoken of in Psalm 110

Yes, single source and variations as time passed but in many cases, there are differences"

CHRISTIANITY.
All things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets. Bible,

BUDDHISM.
Hurt not others with that which pains yourself. Udanararga.
CONFUCIANISM. Is there any one maxim which ought to be acted upon throughout one's whole life? Surely the maxim of lovingkindness is such - Do not unto others what you would not they should do unto you. Analects.
HEBRAISM. What is hurtful to yourself do not to your fellow man. That is the whole of the Torah and the remainder is but commentary. Go learn it.
Talmud.
HINDUISM. This is the sum of duty: do naught to others which if done to thee, would cause thee pain. Mahabharata.

In Christianity it is “do”. In others it is “do not”. One is active in pursuit the other is passive in not doing.

Interesting… what version? My version says: 12 Therefore, whatever you want men to do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets. (and not “Don’t”. Are you sure you have the right quote?

LOL… no… not suggesting that at all.

Not hard at all… “I am the bread of life” and “this is my blood” in the last supper. That being said, I wouldn’t subscribe to much of what is stated.

I’m not sure where we would go from here. We obviously have different viewpoints that won’t converge. Perhaps this is where we simply agree to disagree and love each other regardless?

Yes .. is the same .. horribly thoughtless responses I am afraid .. to the point of deflection .. and "thought stoppage" triggered ..

The Golden Rule .. both positive and negative is covered by Jesus .... what part of "This rule sums up the law and the prophets" --- did not sink in .. and what part of ... the teacher of Jesus Rabbi Hillel "Don't do to others what you hate .. the rest is all commentary .. now go and learn" is "EXACTLY" the same as Matt 7:12 - Do unto others as would be done to you .. this sums up the law and the prophets " went deer in headlights ?

You know what Plagiarism is right Brother Ken .. this is Jesus Plagiarising his teacher .. which is completely allowed .. and detracts nothing from "THE POINT" that you did not catch .. despite major emphasis .. "This Sums Up the Entire Law and All the Prophets" .. a one ringy dingy .. and a two ringy dingy ... not sure how Lord Jesus could possibly put more emphasis on something .. if you can figure out a way .. do let me know.

Why on Gods Green earth are you quoting from John's comment about the Anti-Christ coming at the end of days .. as if this has some relation to . God sending the Golden Rule down to the the Priest King of the Most High God in Sumeria .. Town of UR .. where Abe was from. .. I know not what to attribute this complete deflection from the "Bad Thought" .. and why is this thought so bad as to trigger such a reaction .. what is the problem with the Sumerians recieving the Golden Rule from God on High .. same as Jesus did .. as did Buddha and Confucius.. What is the big deal breaker here ?

What is it you don't subscribe to ? Bread - Wine communion with ABE and the Canaanite King and Priest of God Most High What is it about the Patron God of Jerusalem Zedek that gives you trouble ? do you have a problem with Justice and Righteousness ? .. or is it that the God of this Priestly Order is not YHWH .. this having nothing to do with anything I think .. everything to do with what Abe and all the people living at that time thought .. and what is this "bread of Life" if not what Abe and Melchi-Zedek were participating in ?

What viewpoints converge .. I have not heard you express any viewpoints that conflict with anything I have stated ... which is what the Bible says .. so which of these viewpoints conflict with what the Bible says ? you have not provided any ... an exercise in thought stopping as opposed to thought expressing ... sans your commentary on the Golden rule but that was an expression of lack of understanding of what the rule is all about and .. what Jesus is all about .. So Brother Ken -- one thing we have discovered is that you do not know what Jesus is about .. it is only one rule that he asks us to understand .. and he gives many examples in his sermon on the mount .. both positive and negative forms of the Rule .. Love neighbor as self .. Judge not lest you be judged .. let ye without sin cast first rock .. and so on.

Lest we not further underestimate the word of our Lord and Savior -- the founding principle is .. this principle .. and how are you going to live your life if you do not understand .. this principle .. and when the anti-christ comes at the end of days .. what YHWH gonna say bout those who heard the word but did not practice that word ? and that last line was another scripture testing question .. Hint .. The End of Jesus most famous Sermon about how to get through the pearly gates .. that summary and those last few paragraphs you did not understand what Jesus is telling you.

Curious Kenneth - What are your thoughts on Idol Martin and his Sola Fide Dogma .. Do you think you will be saved on faith alone ? asks Brother James 2 --

" 14 What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them?.....
19 You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder. 20 You foolish person, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless.
=-----------

Nyingjé Tso

Dharma not drama
I don't reject Jesus. I just don't vibe with the organized chaos that spawned centuries after his death. Not my cup of tea.

Sometimes I wonder if Jesus was here nowadays seeing what is said and done in his name, often far from what he himself peached... Would it be not his cup of tea too?

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Yes .. is the same .. horribly thoughtless responses I am afraid .. to the point of deflection .. and "thought stoppage" triggered ..

I’m surprised by this comment. I was enjoying our interchange of thoughts. Please, let’s keep this uplifting.

The Golden Rule .. both positive and negative is covered by Jesus .... what part of "This rule sums up the law and the prophets" --- did not sink in .. and what part of ... the teacher of Jesus Rabbi Hillel "Don't do to others what you hate .. the rest is all commentary .. now go and learn" is "EXACTLY" the same as Matt 7:12 - Do unto others as would be done to you .. this sums up the law and the prophets " went deer in headlights ?

I simply asked for what version you used. Mine didn’t have “don’t” in it. I noticed you didn’t answer an honest question… why?

You know what Plagiarism is right Brother Ken .. this is Jesus Plagiarising his teacher .. which is completely allowed .. and detracts nothing from "THE POINT" that you did not catch .. despite major emphasis .. "This Sums Up the Entire Law and All the Prophets" .. a one ringy dingy .. and a two ringy dingy ... not sure how Lord Jesus could possibly put more emphasis on something .. if you can figure out a way .. do let me know.

??? which teacher?

I do understand that “This sums up the entire law and all the prophet” - love God and love your neighbor.

Why on Gods Green earth are you quoting from John's comment about the Anti-Christ coming at the end of days .. as if this has some relation to . God sending the Golden Rule down to the the Priest King of the Most High God in Sumeria .. Town of UR .. where Abe was from. .. I know not what to attribute this complete deflection from the "Bad Thought" .. and why is this thought so bad as to trigger such a reaction .. what is the problem with the Sumerians recieving the Golden Rule from God on High .. same as Jesus did .. as did Buddha and Confucius.. What is the big deal breaker here ?

Well… my thinking was simple… you quoted “Other Christs”. My position is that there is only on “Christ”… although there are many people who saved Israel such as Joshua.

What is it you don't subscribe to ? Bread - Wine communion with ABE and the Canaanite King and Priest of God Most High What is it about the Patron God of Jerusalem Zedek that gives you trouble ? do you have a problem with Justice and Righteousness ? .. or is it that the God of this Priestly Order is not YHWH .. this having nothing to do with anything I think .. everything to do with what Abe and all the people living at that time thought .. and what is this "bread of Life" if not what Abe and Melchi-Zedek were participating in ?

I do subscribe and forgive me if I wasn’t clear enough. Bread and wine represent Jesus as did the sacrificing of the Lamb, the two goats that were sacrificed once a year and many other types and shadows such as the attempted sacrifice of Isaac by Abraham.

What viewpoints converge .. I have not heard you express any viewpoints that conflict with anything I have stated ... which is what the Bible says .. so which of these viewpoints conflict with what the Bible says ? you have not provided any ... an exercise in thought stopping as opposed to thought expressing ... sans your commentary on the Golden rule but that was an expression of lack of understanding of what the rule is all about and .. what Jesus is all about .. So Brother Ken -- one thing we have discovered is that you do not know what Jesus is about .. it is only one rule that he asks us to understand .. and he gives many examples in his sermon on the mount .. both positive and negative forms of the Rule .. Love neighbor as self .. Judge not lest you be judged .. let ye without sin cast first rock .. and so on.

1) That there is more than one Christ
2) Zedek is sitting at the right hand of God… unless you are referring to Jesus. (Maybe I misunderstood?)

Lest we not further underestimate the word of our Lord and Savior -- the founding principle is .. this principle .. and how are you going to live your life if you do not understand .. this principle .. and when the anti-christ comes at the end of days .. what YHWH gonna say bout those who heard the word but did not practice that word ? and that last line was another scripture testing question .. Hint .. The End of Jesus most famous Sermon about how to get through the pearly gates .. that summary and those last few paragraphs you did not understand what Jesus is telling you.

Personally, I find that the Sermon of the Mount for living is perfect. That being said, I also find that for mankind it is impossible to live out and reinforces the need of a Savior.

For an example: Matthew 5:28 But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart. Which man can be saved if this is the rule? Answer, “No one… only faith in Jesus”.

Curious Kenneth - What are your thoughts on Idol Martin and his Sola Fide Dogma .. Do you think you will be saved on faith alone ? asks Brother James 2 --

My wife and I just happen to be going through this book in our live 1/2 hour broadcast called Morning Glory. The book of James is specifically expressing how our outward life should express our inward faith. Salvation of our spirit is by faith alone but carries a boatload of outward fruit. Salvation in every other area requires a corresponding action such as the saving of our souls in James 1:23 where one must receive the engrafted word of God and eschew evil and as expressed below.

Even Abraham was called “righteous” before he had any works. After that he had works that corresponded to his faith.

" 14 What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them?.....
19 You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder. 20 You foolish person, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless.
=-----------

Of course I agree with this.

Sargonski

I’m surprised by this comment. I was enjoying our interchange of thoughts. Please, let’s keep this uplifting.

I simply asked for what version you used. Mine didn’t have “don’t” in it. I noticed you didn’t answer an honest question… why?

??? which teacher?

I do understand that “This sums up the entire law and all the prophet” - love God and love your neighbor.

Well… my thinking was simple… you quoted “Other Christs”. My position is that there is only on “Christ”… although there are many people who saved Israel such as Joshua.

I do subscribe and forgive me if I wasn’t clear enough. Bread and wine represent Jesus as did the sacrificing of the Lamb, the two goats that were sacrificed once a year and many other types and shadows such as the attempted sacrifice of Isaac by Abraham.

1) That there is more than one Christ
2) Zedek is sitting at the right hand of God… unless you are referring to Jesus. (Maybe I misunderstood?)

Personally, I find that the Sermon of the Mount for living is perfect. That being said, I also find that for mankind it is impossible to live out and reinforces the need of a Savior.

For an example: Matthew 5:28 But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart. Which man can be saved if this is the rule? Answer, “No one… only faith in Jesus”.

My wife and I just happen to be going through this book in our live 1/2 hour broadcast called Morning Glory. The book of James is specifically expressing how our outward life should express our inward faith. Salvation of our spirit is by faith alone but carries a boatload of outward fruit. Salvation in every other area requires a corresponding action such as the saving of our souls in James 1:23 where one must receive the engrafted word of God and eschew evil and as expressed below.

Even Abraham was called “righteous” before he had any works. After that he had works that corresponded to his faith.

Of course I agree with this.

i did not say there was more than one Jesus .. did not say there was more than one Christ --- The Bible says there is more than one Messiah ... David - Cyrus - Jesus -- "Annointed ones of God" Let us shoot arrows straight Brother Ken .. lest we build the dreaded men of straw

Your honestly asked question was answered .. in great detail - explaining to you that regardless of the words ... the translation of Matt 7:12 .. Do unto others as would have done to you ..... or .... Don't do to others what you hate .. have the same meaning. .. and that I was substituting Rabbi Hillel's version of events .. for that found in Matt 7:12

and thus .. we have a chicken and egg problem in the form of a rhetorical question = this Golden rule was around ling before Jesus stated it ..fair enough .. but what is interesting is the enormous emphasis Jesus puts on this rule .. distinguishing him from the others .. this is the primary message from "The Logos" that you are supposed to understand .. u understand ?? .. so far I said this twice before and gotten deer in headlights .. Let us ponder more deeply the significance of this teaching .. which came down to Jesus through his Teacher Rabbi Hillel .. and that of John the Baptist - and no .. clearly you have not understood "love neighbor as self" aka "The Golden Rule" .. in both positive and negative formulations .. 4th time repeating the last point .. just in case.

"Zedek" - Whats in a name Melchi-Zedek ? Samu-EL .. Isra-EL .. Jeze - Baal. Just because you don't know the meaning of your name Brother Ken .. nor the importance and significance of the Name of your God .. Doesn't mean the ancients suffered from the same affliction. .. so that when they heard the name Isai-ah .. Yah -- Jah .. Rastafa .. they knew his story related to the God Yahu of the Shadu.

Who is the Prince of Peace Brother Ken ? ---- Full marks for answering Jesus. who sits on the right hand of "The Father" ? and who is "The Father" Jesus is sitting beside .. Need a name here Ken. and an explanation of why you didn't know the name of your God like the ancients did .. that "The Father" in relation to the Divine council was EL - (Enlil, Illil )

Not only does Jesus sit at right hand of Father -- he is the dispenser of Justice .. and is the King of Righteousness. .. just nod your head if you are with me .. as this is the 3rd time now explaining this story .. one step at a time make sure we align

So .. Prince of Peace .. Twin God of Justice and Righteousness .. seated at the right hand of the father .. separating the sheep from the Goats . Matt 25 .. sheep and goats parable ... the two separated on the basis of their utilization and correct understanding of the Golden Rule .. and not .. unfortunately on the basis of "Faith" . because "Not all who cry Lord Lord will enter then Kingdom of Heaven - Only the one who does the will of The Father who art in Heaven"

has it sunk in that Jesus sat upon the knee of the great Rabbi Hillel yet ? .. that "The Father" is the Canannite Most high God EL ? and we know that it can't be YHWH as even if you did refer to YHWH as "The father" .. as the Pharasees .. YHWH is not the Father in Heaven .. nor is this Son of EL God over the Heavens .. YHWH is/was Chief God over the Earth .. EL is head honcho in the heavens .. head of the "Assembly of EL" mentioned in Psalm 82 .. the footnote on the name EL .. reading as follows.

The phrase עֲדַת אֵל (ʿadat ʾel, “assembly of El”) appears only here in the OT. (1) Some understand “El” to refer to God himself. In this case he is pictured presiding over his own heavenly assembly. (2) Others take אֵל as a superlative here (“God stands in the great assembly”), as in Pss 36:6 and 80:10. (3) The present translation assumes this is a reference to the Canaanite high god El, who presided over the Canaanite divine assembly. (See Isa 14:13, where El’s assembly is called “the stars of El.”) In the Ugaritic myths the phrase ʿdt ʾilm refers to the “assembly of the gods,” who congregate in King Kirtu’s house, where Baal asks El to bless Kirtu’s house (see G. R. Driver, Canaanite Myths and Legends, 91). If the Canaanite divine assembly is referred to here in Ps 82:1, then the psalm must be understood as a bold polemic against Canaanite religion. Israel’s God invades El’s assembly, denounces its gods as failing to uphold justice, and announces their coming demise. For an interpretation of the psalm along these lines, see W. VanGemeren, “Psalms,” EBC 5:533-36. Bible Gateway passage: Psalm 82 - New English Translation

So .. understand the picture --- what is in a name .. Kings would often be named after the Patron City God or National God .. The King of Jeruisalem ="City of Peace" has adopted the Patron God Zedek into his name .. Melchi-Zedek. Zedek is the twin God of Justice and Righteousness .. one of the Gods that Jesus worships / represents / - what ever a Priest of the order of Melchi-Zedek does in the service and worship of the Most High God EL

In the case of Melchi-Zedek he is not just a Priest .. he is also a King .. the Canaanite Priest King of Jerusalem . named after the Patron God Zedek = The Prince of the City of Peace - representing the twin God Justice and Righteousness . in service of the God of the order who is EL .. Melchi-Zedek is a Priest of the Most High .. a priest of EL .. The Father who art in heaven .. Chief of the Divine Council .

and yes .. some say this is a type for Jesus -- the fact that EL is the God being referred to is not modern theological scholarship .. The covenant is with the God EL .. and the rules / commandments as per the Logos .. .. are as follows - Do not do to others what you hate .. the rest is all commentary .. now go and learn.

ppp

What is your reason for not accepting Jesus Christ as your lord and savior? The one who saves us all from eternal death—separation from God—according to the Holy Bible.
There is no Jesus Christ to reject. Whether the guy existed or not, there are merely mundane human claims about Jesus. None of which are credible.

Kenny

Premium Member
i did not say there was more than one Jesus .. did not say there was more than one Christ --- The Bible says there is more than one Messiah ... David - Cyrus - Jesus -- "Annointed ones of God" Let us shoot arrows straight Brother Ken .. lest we build the dreaded men of straw

OOOHHHH… :) Not more than one “Messiah” but there are anointed ones which includes all who are baptized with the Holy Spirit. OK..
Your honestly asked question was answered .. in great detail - explaining to you that regardless of the words ... the translation of Matt 7:12 .. Do unto others as would have done to you ..... or .... Don't do to others what you hate .. have the same meaning. .. and that I was substituting Rabbi Hillel's version of events .. for that found in Matt 7:12

Except that I go by what Matthew said and not Hillel’s version. All I was noting is that one is proactive and one isn’t.
and thus .. we have a chicken and egg problem in the form of a rhetorical question = this Golden rule was around ling before Jesus stated it ..fair enough .. but what is interesting is the enormous emphasis Jesus puts on this rule .. distinguishing him from the others .. this is the primary message from "The Logos" that you are supposed to understand .. u understand ?? .. so far I said this twice before and gotten deer in headlights .. Let us ponder more deeply the significance of this teaching .. which came down to Jesus through his Teacher Rabbi Hillel .. and that of John the Baptist - and no .. clearly you have not understood "love neighbor as self" aka "The Golden Rule" .. in both positive and negative formulations .. 4th time repeating the last point .. just in case.

I’m fine with that. I believe the Golden Rule would be a product of the love of God that began in the beginning. Love is proactive.
"Zedek" - Whats in a name Melchi-Zedek ? Samu-EL .. Isra-EL .. Jeze - Baal. Just because you don't know the meaning of your name Brother Ken .. nor the importance and significance of the Name of your God .. Doesn't mean the ancients suffered from the same affliction. .. so that when they heard the name Isai-ah .. Yah -- Jah .. Rastafa .. they knew his story related to the God Yahu of the Shadu.

Yes, names means things. Joshua has a definition; Adam has a definition, the first 10 righteous names tell the story of redemption. I’m not sure what your point here.

Who is the Prince of Peace Brother Ken ? ---- Full marks for answering Jesus. who sits on the right hand of "The Father" ? and who is "The Father" Jesus is sitting beside .. Need a name here Ken. and an explanation of why you didn't know the name of your God like the ancients did .. that "The Father" in relation to the Divine council was EL - (Enlil, Illil )
I’m sorry, why do you think I don’t know what names He has?

For that matter, what do you call your natural father? My father said to me when I said, “Mr Delgado” was… “anyone can call me Mr. Delgado but only you can call me ‘Dad””. So the name of God for me is “Abba - Father”. ;)

Not only does Jesus sit at right hand of Father -- he is the dispenser of Justice .. and is the King of Righteousness. .. just nod your head if you are with me .. as this is the 3rd time now explaining this story .. one step at a time make sure we align

You didn’t cover this with me and I’m sorry if I didn’t catch it … it is a long thread.

But I agree. :)

So .. Prince of Peace .. Twin God of Justice and Righteousness .. seated at the right hand of the father .. separating the sheep from the Goats . Matt 25 .. sheep and goats parable ... the two separated on the basis of their utilization and correct understanding of the Golden Rule .. and not .. unfortunately on the basis of "Faith" . because "Not all who cry Lord Lord will enter then Kingdom of Heaven - Only the one who does the will of The Father who art in Heaven"

Basicallym No problem here… but I do have a question… why do you use the term “Twin God”?
has it sunk in that Jesus sat upon the knee of the great Rabbi Hillel yet ?

Supportive documentation?
.. that "The Father" is the Canannite Most high God EL ?
no

and we know that it can't be YHWH as even if you did refer to YHWH as "The father" .. as the Pharasees .. YHWH is not the Father in Heaven .. nor is this Son of EL God over the Heavens .. YHWH is/was Chief God over the Earth .. EL is head honcho in the heavens .. head of the "Assembly of EL" mentioned in Psalm 82 .. the footnote on the name EL .. reading as follows.

don’t agree

The phrase עֲדַת אֵל (ʿadat ʾel, “assembly of El”) appears only here in the OT. (1) Some understand “El” to refer to God himself. In this case he is pictured presiding over his own heavenly assembly. (2) Others take אֵל as a superlative here (“God stands in the great assembly”), as in Pss 36:6 and 80:10. (3) The present translation assumes this is a reference to the Canaanite high god El, who presided over the Canaanite divine assembly. (See Isa 14:13, where El’s assembly is called “the stars of El.”) In the Ugaritic myths the phrase ʿdt ʾilm refers to the “assembly of the gods,” who congregate in King Kirtu’s house, where Baal asks El to bless Kirtu’s house (see G. R. Driver, Canaanite Myths and Legends, 91). If the Canaanite divine assembly is referred to here in Ps 82:1, then the psalm must be understood as a bold polemic against Canaanite religion. Israel’s God invades El’s assembly, denounces its gods as failing to uphold justice, and announces their coming demise. For an interpretation of the psalm along these lines, see W. VanGemeren, “Psalms,” EBC 5:533-36. Bible Gateway passage: Psalm 82 - New English Translation

So .. understand the picture --- what is in a name .. Kings would often be named after the Patron City God or National God .. The King of Jeruisalem ="City of Peace" has adopted the Patron God Zedek into his name .. Melchi-Zedek. Zedek is the twin God of Justice and Righteousness .. one of the Gods that Jesus worships / represents / - what ever a Priest of the order of Melchi-Zedek does in the service and worship of the Most High God EL

In the case of Melchi-Zedek he is not just a Priest .. he is also a King .. the Canaanite Priest King of Jerusalem . named after the Patron God Zedek = The Prince of the City of Peace - representing the twin God Justice and Righteousness . in service of the God of the order who is EL .. Melchi-Zedek is a Priest of the Most High .. a priest of EL .. The Father who art in heaven .. Chief of the Divine Council .

and yes .. some say this is a type for Jesus -- the fact that EL is the God being referred to is not modern theological scholarship .. The covenant is with the God EL .. and the rules / commandments as per the Logos .. .. are as follows - Do not do to others what you hate .. the rest is all commentary .. now go and learn.
I think I’ll stop here. Your getting to way out there for me.

I like things simple… God is love. Too much splicing and dicing for me to want to spend time on.

Sargonski

OOOHHHH… :) Not more than one “Messiah” but there are anointed ones which includes all who are baptized with the Holy Spirit. OK..

Except that I go by what Matthew said and not Hillel’s version. All I was noting is that one is proactive and one isn’t.

I’m fine with that. I believe the Golden Rule would be a product of the love of God that began in the beginning. Love is proactive.

Yes, names means things. Joshua has a definition; Adam has a definition, the first 10 righteous names tell the story of redemption. I’m not sure what your point here.

For that matter, what do you call your natural father? My father said to me when I said, “Mr Delgado” was… “anyone can call me Mr. Delgado but only you can call me ‘Dad””. So the name of God for me is “Abba - Father”. ;)

You didn’t cover this with me and I’m sorry if I didn’t catch it … it is a long thread.

But I agree. :)

Basicallym No problem here… but I do have a question… why do you use the term “Twin God”?

Supportive documentation?

no

don’t agree

I like things simple… God is love. Too much splicing and dicing for me to want to spend time on.
Head hurts -- the whole point is that Matts version and Hillel's version are "Exactly the Same" as stated previously now 4 or 5 times .. and still yet to sink in that Hillel is the teacher of Jesus. .. who did you think Jesus would be talking to in the temple .. where he spent much time in his younger years .. ???????? but the most Famous Rabbi in all Israel .. near or over 100 years in age at this point .... a Massive presence .. such that one of the two schools of Jewish thought is named after him .

But -- OK -- Then at which Rabbi's feet did Jesus sit ? ! .. Right .. K) 1) both versions are exactly the same .. say exactly the same thing .. exactly the same message --- "Golden Rule" .. or one of the various other names .. in both positive and negative formulation .. is the only rule you need to follow to be put right with God.

Exactly the same message --- Do unto others - Judge not lest you be judged by that which you judge .. Love neighbor as self (the one you don't understand .. no splicing or dicing required) .. Simple ... how is it you do not understand this simple rule .. then claim to have great understanding of one of the aspects of this rule ? Sorry Brother Ken .. but you are not a follower of the Logod .. the word .. and the will of The Father .. who's identity you are trying really hard to avoid .. mermering no no no .. with no explanation of what is wrong with the information provided from Scripture .. you know not the Father .. despite what ever that glibidy gook baby talk was .. like seriously . if that is not "Bad Thought stoppage tactic" I don't know what is.

What part of "EL" - Enlil Chief God of the Sumerian Pantheon .. Head of the Divine Council in Heaven .. is the God of the order of Melchi-Zedek ... God of Abraham .. is not going a one ringy dingy .. and a two ringy dingy ?

This is the point where you checked out but, now that we have identified .. let the poison lizard extraction process begin .. meditate on the possibility that you can only read the Bible sensibly from a Polytheistic or at minimum a Henotheistic perspective. .. and that there is a divine Pantheon .. in Psalm 82 is described as a divine assembly or "Assembly of EL" .. and Assembly of which EL is the Chief God .. and the Father at whose right hand sits Justice and Righteousness.

One more time --- The God of Abraham is EL .. Most high God of the Canaanites .. head of the Divine Council .. Most high God of the Babylonians .. and Ur .. where Abe was from .. so good God to choose if you are only going to worship one... The Most HIgh .. EL Elyon El Shaddai, El Olim .. and varios other epithets Creator, Father .. Wise God lives in a tent in the mountain .. Head of the Divine Assembly. ..Like Zeus up in Mount Olympus .. to a degree...

and .. no need to ask for "Supportive Documentation" ..as this is provided in the post you are responding to... a footnote right from the Bible
Now if that is not good enough .. go to Encyclopedia Brittanica "Abraham" - where you will find that modern theological consensus and reality is that the God of Abe is "El" .. Abe taking communion from the Canaanite Priest of the Most High Canaanite God .. submitting and tithing a tenth of the Spoils ... to Melchi-Zedek .. and the divine Trinty of EL and the Two Aeons Righteousness and Justice .. seated at the right hand of the Father .. in the Assembly of EL .. at least according to the perspective of those who wrote the story .. and the perspective of the people at that time .. and they are all Polytheists .. or at minimum believe in the existence of many Gods .. even if they do not worthip them all.

This how it is .. no serious theologian is goign to outright deny that EL is the God of Abraham .. what the apologists will try to do is meld EL with YHWH .. fuse the two together .. where one takes on the atributes of another God .. becomes that other God in a way . syncratism they call it . and while that happened .. YHWH taking on the attributes of Baal .. YHWH's biggest Rival .. in the case of EL it works differently .. where the Sons of the Elohim .. Sons of Gods .. Sons of EL battle it out over who gets to Usurp the position of EL as Chief God on Earth. Deut 32: 8 .. where the peoples of earth are divided among the Sons of the Elohim .. YHWH's portion is Israel.

So the Gods battle it out .. YHWH loses a battle to Chemosh .. God of the Moabites .. but eventually wins the war .. which is what Psalm 82 is describing .. YHWH ends up owning all the peoples of the earth .. being Chief God on Earth .. Usurping the position of EL on Earth .. but EL is still chief in the heavens .. and the High State God of Israel .. ... as was the case for all the peoples .. having a High earth God who head honcho on Earth but also a High God in the Heavens ... and those powers the son of God does not Usurp .

This is modern theological scholarship .. the overwhelming consensus .. only the fundamentalits putting up any dissent .. and those guys are always wrong so .. does not count for much.

I am not sure we call annointing the head with oil a baptism of the spirit but .. OK .. but that does not make each one of these "annointed ones" Jesus .. "the Christ" . It makes them all "Messiah's" which literally means annointed one of God ... and this is the terminology used at the Baptism of Jesus on the First Page of the New Testament .... we could expand this out to Moses and Joshu .. but we are not talking the one's annointed by YHWH .. :) Think can safely call Sargon of Akkad an annoinnted one as well .. now there is a Messiah .. although this fellow was addopted by a Goddess rather than a God .. but in the same way as Moses =floated down a river in a reed basket and plucked out by a good natured soul.. cept this fellow is 1000 years prior to moses in 2300 BC ..ends up becoming King .. and then unites the city states of Sumeria into the worlds first Empire .. this is a Messiah like Cyrus .. the Jewish Messiah .. who they called "The annointed one of God" ... which God is the problem you can grapple with some other time ... for now you have enough on your plate grappling with the idea that EL is the God of Abraham and the God of Jesus. and that Jesus does not follow the covenant YHWH .. does not abide by those rules.

Sargonski

Not really… I just don’t want to spend hours on something unimportant that isn’t going to change your opinion or mine. The subject doesn’t interest me.

That was my head hurting Brother Ken .. watchng the thought stopping response . What subject does not interest you ? Your lack of interest in the teachings of Jesus is apparent but, why are you talking about your opinion or mine in a conversation about the opinion of an Israelite living in 900 BC .. deciding whether or not to make use of the male prostitutes or the female prostitutes in the Temple of YHWH .

Sargonski

Supportive documentation? don’t agree

K .. Abba is not a Name .. as the other poster pointed out. such a Title does not allow us to distinguish one God from another .. does not allow is to distinguish between Lord Satan and Lord Jealous .. between EL - Baal - YHWH. The reason you don't know the name of the God of Jesus is because you don't know the name of the God of Jesus .. "Father" is not the name of the God of Jesus .. so I ask you .. which God are you referring to as "The Father"

The God of Abraham is EL --- according to the Bible .. and modern Theological Scholarship .. and Encyclopedia Brittanica :) ... I am sorry that you did not know the name of the one you call Abba .. presuming it is the God of Abraham you are referring to .. The Most High Canaanite God -- Israelites are Canaanites so it is a big redundant but also the most high of the Israelites .. Most high in the Heavens while YHWH is Chief God over the Earth .. winning the big battle against the other Sons of God that the Bible tells us about.

Speaking which .. and for those bible literalists out there in the crowd "every word God breathed" .. who is the Chief God on Earth during the time of Jesus ? .. have to delve deep into into NT for the answer to this one .. all the way to Page 4 :)

Kenny

Premium Member
K .. Abba is not a Name .. as the other poster pointed out. such a Title does not allow us to distinguish one God from another .. does not allow is to distinguish between Lord Satan and Lord Jealous .. between EL - Baal - YHWH. The reason you don't know the name of the God of Jesus is because you don't know the name of the God of Jesus .. "Father" is not the name of the God of Jesus .. so I ask you .. which God are you referring to as "The Father"

The God of Abraham is EL --- according to the Bible .. and modern Theological Scholarship .. and Encyclopedia Brittanica :) ... I am sorry that you did not know the name of the one you call Abba .. presuming it is the God of Abraham you are referring to .. The Most High Canaanite God -- Israelites are Canaanites so it is a big redundant but also the most high of the Israelites .. Most high in the Heavens while YHWH is Chief God over the Earth .. winning the big battle against the other Sons of God that the Bible tells us about.

Speaking which .. and for those bible literalists out there in the crowd "every word God breathed" .. who is the Chief God on Earth during the time of Jesus ? .. have to delve deep into into NT for the answer to this one .. all the way to Page 4 :)
Wrong questions...

Who is the Messiah Savior - the way, the truth and the life where no man can come to the Father but through Him?

Who is the King of kings and Lord of lords?

Kenny

Premium Member
So, are you saying that no one can be saved unless they are Christian?
Jesus died for all sins - not just the sins Christians committed. I’m just repeating what Jesus said who never lied. Who is saved and who isn’t is above my pay-grade as Jesus Is the judge and I am not worthy to open the seal of the Book of Life.

What I do know is that I am one with Him, saved from my sins as He nailed it to the Cross. At one time I hoped I was saved… now I know I am saved - the shalom of God is working and me and through me. This is a gift for whosoever, or as Jesus said, "14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: 15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved."

It is still through Jesus.

So one can wonder and hope or one can know.

All within the context of my signature.

Sargonski

Wrong questions...

Who is the Messiah Savior - the way, the truth and the life where no man can come to the Father but through Him?

Who is the King of kings and Lord of lords?

You are mistaken in thiis thought stopping dance of deflection Brother Ken - your questions have already been answered .. hearken to the worlds of the King of righteousness .. Lord of Justice -- Matt 25 -- where the High Priest of Melchi-Zedek Judges the world seated at the right hand of the Father .. all have to go through Jesus to get into heaven.

Do you not understand that you must go through Jesus to get into heaven ?? and you must be judged by the king of righteousness and .. Lord of Justice - who is speaking to you and the "faith alone" crowd directly when he says "Not all those who cry out Lord Lord will make it into the Kingdom but "Only the one who does the will of the Father"

and thus .. my question for you answered your own question .. which turns out to be very important .. as how can you do the Will of the Father if you don't know who that Father is ... reject the word of the Logos and thus the word of the God of Jesus , and have no idea who the chief God of the world is .. once again .. Page 4 of Matt ?

This is not complicated brother Ken .. yet you continue to run in circles and talk in riddles ... following false doctrine of the snake charmers ... and those who jesus refers to as "wolves in sheeps clothing" which brings up another question .. How will you know the difference .. between the wolf and one who walks toward salvation ?

Kenny

Premium Member
You are mistaken in thiis thought stopping dance of deflection Brother Ken - your questions have already been answered .. hearken to the worlds of the King of righteousness .. Lord of Justice -- Matt 25 -- where the High Priest of Melchi-Zedek Judges the world seated at the right hand of the Father .. all have to go through Jesus to get into heaven.

Do you not understand that you must go through Jesus to get into heaven ?? and you must be judged by the king of righteousness and .. Lord of Justice - who is speaking to you and the "faith alone" crowd directly when he says "Not all those who cry out Lord Lord will make it into the Kingdom but "Only the one who does the will of the Father"

and thus .. my question for you answered your own question .. which turns out to be very important .. as how can you do the Will of the Father if you don't know who that Father is ... reject the word of the Logos and thus the word of the God of Jesus , and have no idea who the chief God of the world is .. once again .. Page 4 of Matt ?

This is not complicated brother Ken .. yet you continue to run in circles and talk in riddles ... following false doctrine of the snake charmers ... and those who jesus refers to as "wolves in sheeps clothing" which brings up another question .. How will you know the difference .. between the wolf and one who walks toward salvation ?
What I am doing is un-complicating your very complex thoughts...

I like what Paul said:

1 Corinthians 2:2
For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

Short, sweet, and very uncomplicated. ;)

Sargonski

What I am doing is un-complicating your very complex thoughts...

I like what Paul said:

1 Corinthians 2:2
For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

Short, sweet, and very uncomplicated. ;)

That is self deception Ken .. as you are doing no such thing .. what you are doing is deflecting from from "The Truth - The Way- The Light" deflecting from the "Bad Thought" that you know naught Jesus .. nor "The Word" - nor The Father - and that Brother Paul will not help you because he is not the Logos .. The Word comes not from Paul but from Jesus .. Paul is not King of righteousness and Lord of Justice -- that is Jesus .. and you know not how to spot the Wolf in Sheeps Clothing .. knowing naught of The word of the Lord of Justice .. through whome you Shalt not Pass .. on the basis of the "Free Pass" offered by Martin the Snake Charmer.

Do you not know who is the chief God over the Earth ? then how can you tell the God of Light from that of Dark .. Run not from scripture just because it conflicts with man made dogma that some snake charmer was peddling .. Its on Page 4 of the NT.... it is not complex .. you don't have to read far .. Who is it that has the power to hand Jesus the whole Earth ? Matt 4 -- what is the difficulty ? and do you not recognize The Tester of Souls from Job ? how does that song go by the Stones .. "Pleased to meet you .. Hope you guess my name"

Kenny

Premium Member
That is self deception Ken .. as you are doing no such thing .. what you are doing is deflecting from from "The Truth - The Way- The Light" deflecting from the "Bad Thought" that you know naught Jesus

Actually, I like it real simple...

Romans 8:34 PHILLIPS Who would dare to accuse us, whom God has chosen? The judge himself has declared us free from sin. Who is in a position to condemn? Only Christ, and Christ died for us, Christ rose for us, Christ reigns in power for us, Christ prays for us!

Don’t need multiple paragraphs and a video ;)

Sargonski

Actually, I like it real simple...

Romans 8:34 PHILLIPS Who would dare to accuse us, whom God has chosen? The judge himself has declared us free from sin. Who is in a position to condemn? Only Christ, and Christ died for us, Christ rose for us, Christ reigns in power for us, Christ prays for us!

Don’t need multiple paragraphs and a video ;)

Clearly it is not simple enough for you. Paul is not Jesus .. not sure how to put it any simpler. Why do you run from the teachings of Jesus .. are they too complicated for you ? I know you had trouble with the Golden Rule .. what about the Chief God on Earth .. please provide that verse rather than this deflection to irrelevant verses and disingenuous oblivion.