• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why does God communicate ambiguously?

Student of X

Paradigm Shifter
This is about God's way of communicating.

In a nutshell God's way of communicating is through altered states of consciousness. That means sitting around in a waking state waiting for God to swing by for a conversation isn't a good idea.

Altered states of consciousness are studied by transpersonal psychologists. Transpersonal psychology "is concerned with the study of humanity's highest potential, and with the recognition, understanding, and realization of unitive, spiritual, and transcendent states of consciousness"

So, it's rather simple. If you want to talk to God here is what you do. You find a way to achieve an altered state of consciousness, as mystics have been doing for thousands of years. You make it happen, or you lose. You do it or you sit on the sidelines wondering 'what if...'.

Last edited:

thau

Plagiarism is frowned upon on this forum.

Here it is. 15 questions for evolutionists

The last time I tried posting this with links this web site would not accept my post.

The point is this: There are hundreds of questions about your theory that go unanswered. There are hundreds of problems with your claims for which the fossil evidences says "No." But you want to believe that human beings were once nothing more than microbes swimming in the ocean, go for it.

waitasec

Veteran Member
Here it is. 15 questions for evolutionists

The last time I tried posting this with links this web site would not accept my post.

The point is this: There are hundreds of questions about your theory that go unanswered. There are hundreds of problems with your claims for which the fossil evidences says "No." But you want to believe that human beings were once nothing more than microbes swimming in the ocean, go for it.

the point is you were trying to pull that off of your 15 years of study...
the dishonesty of creationists strikes again...
how embarrassing..:facepalm:

you could have posted the http address

:tsk:

9Westy9

Sceptic, Libertarian, Egalitarian
Premium Member
the point is you were trying to pull that off of your 15 years of study...
the dishonesty of creationists strikes again...
how embarrassing..:facepalm:

you could have posted the http address

:tsk:

my problem is that we're so far off topic atm

thau

[sarcasm]
A whole 250 articles in 15 years?
really?

Le gasp

you must be an expert by now!
[/sarcasm]

If I am not mistaken, it is you who says life all happened by chance with unintelligent molecular renedevous. How many articles did it take for you to come up with that nonsense? A high school student should be able to laugh that off without having read any articles.

waitasec

Veteran Member
If I am not mistaken, it is you who says life all happened by chance with unintelligent molecular renedevous. How many articles did it take for you to come up with that nonsense? A high school student should be able to laugh that off without having read any articles.

you brought up evolution...

so go start another thread..

nrg

If I am not mistaken, it is you who says life all happened by chance with unintelligent molecular renedevous.
Nope, that's not evolution. Evolution only deals with the diversity of life.

Either you or those articles are full of ****. Perhaps you could discuss those articles, their findings and their implications in an appropriate thread?

9Westy9

Premium Member
Wrong way around. People who believe they have found truth lose interest in opinions other to their own. People who are still searching are the most open

name a handful of these events? (as for the other points, I don't know what you're trying to get at :shrug:)

bump...

McBell

Admiral Obvious
When did I say that?

Oh yeah, you are still hiding behind your strawmen.
I forgot.

Perhaps one day your faith will be strong enough that you can stand up and actually learn what evolution is instead of hiding childlike behind your strawmen.

thau

When did I say that?

Oh yeah, you are still hiding behind your strawmen.
I forgot.

Perhaps one day your faith will be strong enough that you can stand up and actually learn what evolution is instead of hiding childlike behind your strawmen.

Don't take it personally (I won't judge you) but I have said this a thousand times: Evolution believers specialize in telling everyone what evolution is not, but they are so absent in telling us what it is.

Even natural selection they dance around. Somehow a species decides to grow a liver or a spleen via natural selection ---- but it is all mindless unintelligent processes mind you. More bunk for the text books.

waitasec

Veteran Member
Don't take it personally (I won't judge you) but I have said this a thousand times: Evolution believers specialize in telling everyone what evolution is not, but they are so absent in telling us what it is.

Even natural selection they dance around. Somehow a species decides to grow a liver or a spleen via natural selection ---- but it is all mindless unintelligent processes mind you. More bunk for the text books.

and this has to do with????
:shrug:

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Yes, you keep repeating it like it is some sort of ace in the hole.

Even after being told why it only makes your side look even more desperate and scared.

Still hiding behind your strawmen.

Or maybe God just doesn't care enough to communicate with some people. Have you ever took into consideration that God just might not like most people and wants nothing to do with them.
Or perhaps it's the other way around: most people don't like God (or even the notion of a god) and want nothing to do with him.

Last edited:

9Westy9

Premium Member

Are we going to get off this evolution talk and return to the topic at hand?