• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why does god withhold evidence?

may

Talents are something God gave you at birth.....

We would call these skills!
those taught by Jesus can give out wise things matthew 28;19-20 and in turn pass it on . and then many can become wise .
And it must occur in the final part of the days [that] the mountain of the house of Jehovah will become firmly established above the top of the mountains, and it will certainly be lifted up above the hills; and to it all the nations must stream. 3 And many peoples will certainly go and say: "Come, YOU people, and let us go up to the mountain of Jehovah, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will instruct us about his ways, and we will walk in his paths." For out of Zion law will go forth, and the word of Jehovah out of Jerusalem. 4 And he will certainly render judgment among the nations and set matters straight respecting many peoples. And they will have to beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning shears. Nation will not lift up sword against nation, neither will they learn war anymore. isaiah 2;-2-3
(Revelation 21:24) And the nations will walk by means of its light, and the kings of the earth will bring their glory into it.
And nations will certainly go to your light, and kings to the brightness of your shining forth. isaiah 60;3

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
throughout the last days, angels have been guarding the congregation of anointed Christians, which becomes New Jerusalem, from Babylonish contamination.—Matthew 13:41.
:bow:
You must be someone very great in the heaven's?.... as i was born there, yet don't know how you expect any matter to enter it?....
so in that statement....
you are Saying God withheld the evidence?....
Christ-i-ans are anything to do with Christ?....
That Heaven it self could need defending against Babylon?
That Christ-i-ans have correct anointing oil on them to even be a Christ (anointed one)?

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
If the god of the bible exsist, why does he not provide everyone with the evidence they require in order to accept his actuality?
There is a TON of evidence that helps me to know that God exists! Sorry for your apparent myopia.

Popeyesays

those taught by Jesus can give out wise things matthew 28;19-20 and in turn pass it on . and then many can become wise .
And it must occur in the final part of the days [that] the mountain of the house of Jehovah will become firmly established above the top of the mountains, and it will certainly be lifted up above the hills; and to it all the nations must stream. 3 And many peoples will certainly go and say: "Come, YOU people, and let us go up to the mountain of Jehovah, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will instruct us about his ways, and we will walk in his paths." For out of Zion law will go forth, and the word of Jehovah out of Jerusalem. 4 And he will certainly render judgment among the nations and set matters straight respecting many peoples. And they will have to beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning shears. Nation will not lift up sword against nation, neither will they learn war anymore. isaiah 2;-2-3
(Revelation 21:24) And the nations will walk by means of its light, and the kings of the earth will bring their glory into it.
And nations will certainly go to your light, and kings to the brightness of your shining forth. isaiah 60;3

It would help if you used a more standard translation of the Bible, I do not accept the arbitrary premises that were used to create the JW vers8on of the Bible.

Regards,
Scott

LogDog

There is a TON of evidence that helps me to know that God exists! Sorry for your apparent myopia.

Maybe god could provide the myopic with the evidence they need. If god truly wants us all to know him, love him and come to be with him, he should have the power to make this happen, unless of course he's not all-powerful, really doesn't care or isn't real.

TheGreaterGame

If the god of the bible exsist, why does he not provide everyone with the evidence they require in order to accept his actuality? Why is it fair for god to hold nonbelievers "accountable" for refusing to accept his reality when he has the ability to present them with the evidence they need to be convinced? If it is god's primary desire that we all come to know him, come to love him and come to be with him in paradise, why does he not make his presence incontrovertibly apparent to everyone? Is it not the case that god withholds evidence that would cause some people to believe that he exists?

The World proclaims that there is a God. This is natural revelation. Who are you to question the way God has set up the world? God says in Dueteronmy 29:29, that all he has willed to reveal to us he has-- and his secrets belong to him.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Maybe god could provide the myopic with the evidence they need. If god truly wants us all to know him, love him and come to be with him, he should have the power to make this happen, unless of course he's not all-powerful, really doesn't care or isn't real.

You have to take into consideration God's sense of humour Logdog. If He just said "POP! Here I Am" in a way nobody could deny then noone would have the nerve to claim special knowledge of Him (not with Him standing right there) so noone would have anything to feel self-righteous about, and God gets a huge kick out of self-righteous people.

Look at this thread for example. I'll bet He's laughing His head off.

wizanda

Premium Member
Eze 4:15-17
(15) Then he said unto me, Lo, I have given thee cow's dung for man's dung, and thou shalt prepare thy bread therewith.
(16) Moreover he said unto me, Son of man, behold, I will break the staff of bread in Jerusalem: and they shall eat bread by weight, and with care; and they shall drink Urine (water) by measure, and with astonishment:
(17) That they may want bread and Urine (water), and be astonied one with another, and consume away for their iniquity.
=:angel2: = Funny God = Bad Christ-i-ans Communion

I think there are many times where you see god's splendour. We just cant see it, or we dont notice it. Ever heard about the Amarnath Ling? The ling is a natural formation with protrudes out the ground, it represents Lord Shiv. The Amarnath Ling is natural ice ling, it melted some time ago sadly, our human global warming effect.

Papersock

Lucid Dreamer
I read somewhere that God gives enough evidence to convince those who are willing but not so much as to overpower our free will to not accept it.

I don't really agree with this, it's just something I read.

LogDog

You have to take into consideration God's sense of humour Logdog. If He just said "POP! Here I Am" in a way nobody could deny then noone would have the nerve to claim special knowledge of Him (not with Him standing right there) so noone would have anything to feel self-righteous about, and God gets a huge kick out of self-righteous people.

Look at this thread for example. I'll bet He's laughing His head off.

God's sense of humor? What god? Where?

So this alleged god isn't providing me with the evidence I need in order to accept his existence because he gets a kick out of being antagonistic? Okay?

wizanda

Premium Member
I think what was just posted from the Bible is really funny, unless you are a Christian and not a follower of Christ’s words = "Children of God".....

Since Christians refuse to look in the old testament or any other sources and Christ said it matters, when all prophets count, can we have a "Children of God" religion also?......

TheGreaterGame

Say what?

I'm a skeptic. It's my job.

How convenient.

Come now, you mean to say the world just came into existence without some grand designer. God has revealed himself through his creation . . . your conscience bears witness to that . . . everytime you wrong someone . . . every time you love someone . . . its because of God. That is what I mean by natural revelation.

If there be a God that means he is a higher being than you or I, which means he doesn't owe us an explanation.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
God's sense of humor? What god? Where?

Whichever God the title of this thread (which you started btw) is supposed to be aimed at.

So this alleged god isn't providing me with the evidence I need in order to accept his existence because he gets a kick out of being antagonistic? Okay?

Is that what you got out of what I posted? I find that kind of amazing.

LogDog

Come now, you mean to say the world just came into existence without some grand designer.

You mean to say there's a cosmic zombie who was his own father who'll let me live forever because I symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him I accept him as my master so he can remove an evil force from my soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree?

God has revealed himself through his creation . . . your conscience bears witness to that . . . everytime you wrong someone . . . every time you love someone . . . its because of God.

Really? How do you know this to be the case? Just a feeling?

If there be a God that means he is a higher being than you or I, which means he doesn't owe us an explanation.

Why?

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
You mean to say there's a cosmic zombie who was his own father who'll let me live forever because I symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him I accept him as my master so he can remove an evil force from my soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree?

Yes!

In the same way you mean to tell me that a pea exploded, all of its gooey innards coalesced into other forms of gooiness, eventually combining again to form little Pacman-like protocells that ate other Pacman-like protocells to become bigger and more complex Pacman-like lifeforms that ate and grew and ate and adapted to become Donkey Kongs that eventually split into humans.

Anything is absurd when written so.

TheGreaterGame

Really? How do you know this to be the case? Just a feeling?

Why?

Why do we die? Why don't we live forever? Do you have any answers? Why are we here? Where are we going?

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member

DUDE! Can I steal this and use it as my sig?
icon14.gif