• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why does homosexuality seem to get more hate?

kepha31

not really. The notion is indoctrinated. If anything, ethical intuition suggests that sexual repression based on superstitious beliefs is wrong.
Catholicism is far more sociologically and psychologically damaging than homosexuality could ever hope to be.
you will be assimilated.

resistance is futile.

gnomon

...Natural Law

People have a basic, ethical intuition that certain behaviors are wrong because they are unnatural. We perceive intuitively that the natural sex partner of a human is another human, not an animal.

The same reasoning applies to the case of homosexual behavior. The natural sex partner for a man is a woman, and the natural sex partner for a woman is a man. Thus, people have the corresponding intuition concerning homosexuality that they do about bestiality—that it is wrong because it is unnatural.

Natural law reasoning is the basis for almost all standard moral intuitions. For example, it is the dignity and value that each human being naturally possesses that makes the needless destruction of human life or infliction of physical and emotional pain immoral. This gives rise to a host of specific moral principles, such as the unacceptability of murder, kidnapping, mutilation, physical and emotional abuse, and so forth.
Homosexuality

Homosexual behaviour is wrong using the same Natural Law reasoning that murder and torture is wrong. It's wrong because it is unnatural. That is the truth and, obviously, the truth is not always agreeable.

Under what definition of unnatural are you using to declare homosexuality unnatural thus against natural law.

I think you are assuming the conclusion.

-Peacemaker-

.45 Cal
There's more anger directed at practicing homosexuals because of the massive amount of people affected by the message they preach which says their lifestyle is just as acceptable as marriage between a man and woman. They want this message preached in schools and they want to be able to adopt children which should be considered a form of child abuse. The problem is when righteous anger toward an attempt to tear down society becomes hatred for individuals.

gnomon

There's more anger directed at practicing homosexuals because of the massive amount of people affected by the message they preach which says their lifestyle is just as acceptable as marriage between a man and woman. They want this message preached in schools and they want to be able to adopt children which should be considered a form of child abuse. The problem is when righteous anger toward an attempt to tear down society becomes hatred for individuals.

The problem is when people rely on muddled thinking to form conclusions about existence.

The muddled thinking in this case is believing that the U.S. or any other society in history, due to religious faith, was or is a righteous civilization.

kepha31

you will be assimilated.

resistance is futile.
It was a joke. From the Borg in Star Trek; a humorous reply to a vicious attack that should be edited out by the moderators for violating the rules. And it's not the first time "father heathen" has exibited his paranoid delusions. He should tell his doctor how he feels about the Catholic Church. There are new and effective medications that can help him. Nobody has any business making comments on a joke they didn't get. It just reveals their stupidity.

kepha31

The problem is when people rely on muddled thinking to form conclusions about existence.

The muddled thinking in this case is believing that the U.S. or any other society in history, due to religious faith, was or is a righteous civilization.

A friend recently asked: “How long do we have left as a society?” In answer to that question I informed her about an interesting and comprehensive study that a renowned British anthropologist, Joseph Unwin, PhD., presented to the British Psychological Society in 1935. Unwin sought to prove that the traditional monogamous model for marriage was not essential to the maintenance of a healthy society. After studying 86 different cultures, across time and continents –and much to his surprise — he came to the inescapable conclusion that the traditional male-female monogamous model for marriage was indeed the best foundation for a healthy and productive society.

Unwin found that societies that adopted this model typically took about three generations to reach their peak of productivity and progress. After that, frequently, a gradual development of complacency and licentiousness would take place and what he described as an ”outburst of homosexuality” would sometimes occur. When that happened, and the society started to move away from the traditional model of male-female monogamous marriage as its foundation, it would begin to unravel. It would then take another three generations of deterioration from that point for the society to collapse...
How Much Time Does the U.S. Have? | Catholic Exchange
Jungle25 is not talking about "righteous civilizations" and he is not talking about "conclusions about existence" and neither am I.

Last edited:

Adonis65

can't you get through your thick skull that there are homosexuals who happen to be christian and practice abstinence until they get married in:
Argentina
Belgium
Canada
Iceland
Netherlands
Norway
Portugal
South Africa
Spain
Sweden
you are so convinced that homosexuality is wrong that you fail to see how your logic and compassion have been compromised..and you call yourself a christian...?
shame on you.

I just wanted to know if you personally knew any monogamous, abstinence minded homosexuals. Clearly you don't. I won't dispute that there are exceptions to the rule -- there always is. My point is, that your average homosexual is multiple partner oriented.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
It was a joke. From the Borg in Star Trek; a humorous reply to a vicious attack that should be edited out by the moderators for violating the rules. And it's not the first time "father heathen" has exibited his paranoid delusions. He should tell his doctor how he feels about the Catholic Church. There are new and effective medications that can help him. Nobody has any business making comments on a joke they didn't get. It just reveals their stupidity.

In regards to the rules, why would your criticism of homosexuality be acceptable while my criticism of catholicism would not? The only difference is that my criticism is substantiated by evidence and logic, whereas yours is not.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
There's more anger directed at practicing homosexuals because of the massive amount of people affected by the message they preach which says their lifestyle is just as acceptable as marriage between a man and woman.
There's no rational reason to think otherwise.

They want this message preached in schools and they want to be able to adopt children which should be considered a form of child abuse.
How so? I think raising a child in a strict, rigid, religiously fundamentalist household is a form of child abuse.

The problem is when righteous anger toward an attempt to tear down society becomes hatred for individuals.

How exactly is society being "torn down"?

Tristesse

I just wanted to know if you personally knew any monogamous, abstinence minded homosexuals. Clearly you don't. I won't dispute that there are exceptions to the rule -- there always is. My point is, that your average homosexual is multiple partner oriented.

I have a few friends who are gay and have one single partner. On the other hand I have friends who are straight and have multiple partners. Whats your point?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
A question for the Christians in this thread who consider homosexuality (or homosexual acts) to be sinful: do you consider it to be a worse sin than denying the Trinity?

-Peacemaker-

.45 Cal
A question for the Christians in this thread who consider homosexuality (or homosexual acts) to be sinful: do you consider it to be a worse sin than denying the Trinity?

My guess is you want to ask what we believe God feels is the worst sin. If that's the case, then answer is that every sin is forgivable by the Christian God except the sin of rejecting his attempt to bring you forgiveness through Jesus. That alone is what we believe God asks us at judgment, the question of "Did you accept or reject his offer to forgive you by believing in his son?"

Last edited:

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
My guess is you want to ask what we believe God feels is the worst sin. If that's the case, then answer is that every sin is forgivable by the Christian God except the sin of rejecting his attempt to bring you forgiveness through Jesus. That alone is what we believe God asks us a judgment, the question of "Did you accept or reject to the Gospel message?"
Okay... given that, do you think that your response to the two issues is proportional to their importance? What are you doing to address the problem of people's failure to accept Christ versus what you're doing to address the "problem" of homosexuality?