• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why does my God allow children to die? Is he evil?

kjw47

So, what you mean to say is that people from other religions haven't bothered to search for God?

If there are people confused and being mislead, why doesn't God reveal himself to everyone? That would clear up any confusions, and people wouldn't be mislead anymore. :shrug:

Most are taught a religion by their parents and never look any farther, from generation to generation, from parent to child.
In Moses day within a week after God revealed himself, for the 11th time, the people saw the red sea parted in two to save their lives--they made a golden calf to worship-- Most are living for instant gratification for themselves. crowd followers. they fear being no part of this world.

Last edited:

kjw47

All of the religions of Abraham have murdered people because of their religion!!!

As to the rest of your post it is YOUR BELIEF - not fact.

In the ot--God himself ordered certain groups destruction, because they were totally wicked.,
I see all facts in my previous post.
The JW,s serve the God of Abraham, Moses,Daniel,Elijah,etc-- they refuse to go to war to kill those that God gave the right to live. God isnt ordering war anymore. Wars are done out of hatred now.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
Most are taught a religion by their parents and never look any farther, from generation to generation, from parent to child.

Many people weren't even raised in a christian household...

In Moses day within a week after God revealed himself, for the 11th time, the people saw the red sea parted in two to save their lives--they made a golden calf to worship-- Most are living for instant gratification for themselves. crowd followers. they fear being no part of this world.

Yes, and they all knew who the true god was ( considering the story is true ). But they prefered to worship another god for some reason.

So, why doesn't God reveal himself to everyone either way? This way indeed people won't be able to excuse themselves by claiming not to know him. Plus, the chances are much much bigger for people to worship him and follow his ways.

kjw47

Many people weren't even raised in a christian household...

Yes, and they all knew who the true god was ( considering the story is true ). But they prefered to worship another god for some reason.

So, why doesn't God reveal himself to everyone either way? This way indeed people won't be able to excuse themselves by claiming not to know him. Plus, the chances are much much bigger for people to worship him and follow his ways.

We cannot outreason God--He knows why things are this way.

Copernicus

Industrial Strength Linguist
We cannot outreason God--He knows why things are this way.
You can expound at length on God's nature, his character, and his intentions. It's all there in the Bible. We are supposed to understand and heed God's will. He is a perfectly comprehensible being...until he's not.

Ingledsva

HEATHEN ALASKAN
Ingledsva said:
All of the religions of Abraham have murdered people because of their religion!!!
As to the rest of your post it is YOUR BELIEF - not fact.

In the ot--God himself ordered certain groups destruction, because they were totally wicked.,
I see all facts in my previous post.
The JW,s serve the God of Abraham, Moses,Daniel,Elijah,etc-- they refuse to go to war to kill those that God gave the right to live. God isnt ordering war anymore. Wars are done out of hatred now.

Again - that is your belief.

You are welcome to it - but don't expect people like me to believe God ordered wandering nomads to envade other people's lands and kill the people!!!

Last edited:

Mandelbrot

Mankind turned it's back on God and so God turned His back on mankind. When we try to live without God we must face the consequences. We do not allow God in school so how can He protect children there. God allows thing to happen because people do not allow Him to control things His way.

My friend, what you have just said is disgusting. Just for the record are you saying if we allowed God into the schools those children would still be alive??

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
So, what is God here for then? If it is good and right that we should care for and help each other out, then why is it also not good for God to care for and help people out? Why does God have no responsibility in creating a society that he wants?

Ghandi said to be the change we want to see. If God wants our society to change, then perhaps he needs to do some changing himself.

I am horrified that people think that God is here to look after us.
he has given us the tools and the intelligence to look after ourselves.
In his wisdom, he knows that is the best way for us to arrive at our potential.

Any one who relies on others all the time, makes nothing of their life.

No one knows if God has a purpose, and if he does what it is, but I for one am grateful that Mankind is part of his creation.

(It cost a forune to let Ghandi live the life of a poor man.)

Koldo

Outstanding Member

That's a misunderstanding. Obviously, considering the sheer number of people suffering in the world at this very moment it is very clear that God is not here to look after us.

On the other hand, i am horrified by people thinking of this god as being good.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
That's a misunderstanding. Obviously, considering the sheer number of people suffering in the world at this very moment it is very clear that God is not here to look after us.

On the other hand, i am horrified by people thinking of this god as being good.

There is sufficient food water medication and shelter in the world for every one to have their needs met.
If humanity cared it could do something about it itself.

Wars and terrorism have their roots in greed and misapplied religion.

mankind is its own worst enemy.
God is Amoral.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
There is sufficient food water medication and shelter in the world for every one to have their needs met.
If humanity cared it could do something about it itself.

And if God was good, he would do something about it himself. :shrug:

Wars and terrorism have their roots in greed and misapplied religion.

mankind is its own worst enemy.
God is Amoral.

Our condition: being able to suffer, the need for oxygen, the need for water, the need for food, birth defects, being vulnerable to diseases, etc. That is our worst enemy.

Last edited:

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
And if God was good, he would do something about it himself. :shrug:

Why? He knows the final outcome, we do not.

Our condition: being able to suffer, the need for oxygen, the need for water, the need for food, birth defects, being vulnerable to diseases, etc. That is our worst enemy.

You sound ungrateful for life as a human on earth.
Would you prefer to only have "Kryptonite" to worry about.

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
You sound ungrateful for life as a human on earth.
Would you prefer to only have "Kryptonite" to worry about.

Is a wife who is beaten being ungrateful for the food and shelter supplied by her abusive husband if she mentions that it would be nice if he didn't hit her as well?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
In his wisdom, he knows that is the best way for us to arrive at our potential.

Do you apply this principle in your own life as well? When you come across someone in need, do you help them?

I carry a fire extinguisher in the trunk of my car. I've had one occasion where I stopped to help someone whose car was on fire. Was this wrong of me? Was it "the best way for him to arrive at his potential" for that driver to lose his car and all the stuff in it in a big fire on the shoulder of the road?

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Do you apply this principle in your own life as well? When you come across someone in need, do you help them?

I carry a fire extinguisher in the trunk of my car. I've had one occasion where I stopped to help someone whose car was on fire. Was this wrong of me? Was it "the best way for him to arrive at his potential" for that driver to lose his car and all the stuff in it in a big fire on the shoulder of the road?

As far as I know God has never said that he would nanny us.

I am sure most of us help out when we can. That would seem to be part of the plan.

I do not understand why you persist in thinking God should be doing these things for us, when we are perfectly able to do them for ourselves or each other.
You put out the fire, you did what was needed. God might have nudged your concience....:)

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
As far as I know God has never said that he would nanny us.
Why are you so bound and determined to misrepresent my position over and over?

I am sure most of us help out when we can. That would seem to be part of the plan.
I see a contradiction in what you said before. If God does us a service when he fails to intervene, why would we it be good for us to intervene?

I do not understand why you persist in thinking God should be doing these things for us, when we are perfectly able to do them for ourselves or each other.
You put out the fire, you did what was needed. God might have nudged your concience....:)
I couldn't put out the fire, actually. I dumped my entire fire extinguisher at it, but it was already too large. After that, I helped the guy get his stuff out of the car before the fire spread to the cabin, hoping that someone else with a larger extinguisher would stop to help before the car was consumed. They didn't. By the time the firefighters arrived, the fire had destroyed the car.

At the time, it really bothered me that thousands of people drove by despite seeing the smoke coming from the car (it was on the shoulder of the busiest freeway in North America). But I guess should think of them more charitably - until now, I didn't take into account that all those people who saw someone in need and failed to help were really just helping the driver of that car "arrive at his potential."

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
In his wisdom, he knows that is the best way for us to arrive at our potential

No one knows if God has a purpose, and if he does what it is, but I for one am grateful that Mankind is part of his creation.
Tell me: If it is good for us to help each other out, why is it bad for God to help us out?

Why also are you conflating "helping out" or "making things easier" or "eliminating birth defects" with humans not having any responsibility or utilizing any of their tools and intelligence?

My aunt occasionally invites me over for dinner. She is helping me out by giving me a nice home cooked meal, allowing me to occasionally save time and money. Her kindness in no way limits my ability to be a responsible, productive, and self-feeding adult.

Why can't God cook me dinner every now and then? And if he did, why do you think that would make me a helpless and useless person who can't do anything for myself?