• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why doesnt god kill Satan?

rusra02

Premium Member
I would like to know the reason.Is god testing us?or is Satan more powerful than God?

Thanks.

God will destroy Satan, according to the Bible. (Hebrews 2:14) Satan will be destroyed forever. (Revelation 20:1-10)

God is not testing us by means of Satan (James 1:13). Satan claimed he could turn all men away from God, and he also claimed God was not ruling men properly. For a limited time, God has allowed Satan to exercise his influence over mankind (1 John 5:19). The time allowed has proven beyond question that neither men nor Satan have the ability to rule successfully. This time has also allowed God to provide the means to completely undo all the harm Satan has caused. The time Satan has been allowed to exist has proven there are people who will serve God regardless of what harm Satan causes them (Job chapters 1 and 2). Satan's time is almost up, and he knows it. Thus, he is causing terrible woes to mankind that will culminate in the destruction of the wicked and Satan's removal. (Revelation 12:12, 19:19-20:3)

Orias

Left Hand Path
Simple Because I love him. The other side of the story? The devil is the prince of lies I couldn't believe anything he said.

So why can you not love the "Prince of Lies" when he really his what you love.

The real question is do you understand what your condemning? The bible was written by man through Divine inspiration, he knew exactly what he was talking about.

One: I'm not condemning anything. I don't live to go to Hell or Hell. I live simply because I am.

Man has writen through Divine inspiration. Divine is just a fantasy, a man's dream. All men are capable of writing down their greatest fantasies.

In a sense, he did know exactly what he was talking about, because he simply created it. It is a simple way to understand, that all animals are carnal, and spiritual through natural instinct.

The Bible ignorantly attacks and blames it's problem on Satan. God created everything, he created Satan. If your God is as powerful as you claim, then why wouldn't he just eliminate him?

Existence itself holds us, for we are the absence of what is. Why give meaning to nothing, while we are nothing?

As you and I are the same. We hold value to life, you just give it different meaning...

To live a fantasy is to shape it with your own hands, but one thing is true. No fantasy can justify any reality.

For the seven deadly sins, are the most common human/animal characteristics. As all beings it is a way of survival, which makes religion a constriction against the value of memory, spirituality.

Though your Satan and my Satan are completely different, as my only claim will be dust. For I follow my own path. I am, who I am because I am...

:D

Last edited:

Smoke

Done here.
Why doesnt god kill Satan?

Because they're friends and co-workers.

Job 1.6: Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan also came among them.

2 Samuel 24.1: And again the anger of the Lord was kindled against Israel, and he moved David against them to say, Go, number Israel and Judah.

1 Chronicles 21.1: And Satan stood up against Israel, and provoked David to number Israel.

Orias

Left Hand Path
Because they're friends and co-workers.

Job 1.6: Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan also came among them.

2 Samuel 24.1: And again the anger of the Lord was kindled against Israel, and he moved David against them to say, Go, number Israel and Judah.

1 Chronicles 21.1: And Satan stood up against Israel, and provoked David to number Israel.

Number Nine of the Satanic Statements

Satan has been the best friend the Church has ever had, as He has kept it in business all of these years!

Thief

Rogue Theologian
No one is addressing the op.

There is denial of the op.
There is re-write of the op.
There is anything but the op.

The question is straight forward. It works with the understanding that God has an Adversary.
Why not kill him and be done with it?

Someone offered the idea of a trial.
Anyone care to press charges?

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
No one is executed without a fair trial. Not even satan.
So who are we putting on trial? God who has killed far too many people to count (global flood, destruction of entire cities, killings for bad behavior, and many other instances), has a gambling problem (Job, who was tortured because God said go ahead and do this to my servant.), is a major sadist (hell and sending his own son to die), and a baby killer (killing the first born in Egypt).
After God's lengthy trial, we put Satan on the stand for nothing really because there is nothing to put him on the stand for. Everything he done in the Bible, including killing the few people that he did, he done it with God's permission. So while God is still on the stand, we can also charge him with being an accomplice to murder and torture. So in any court really, God wouldn't stand a chance, and Satan wouldn't really have much to be charged with. Even if you take into account the "Father of Lies" title, it really isn't a crime to lie and God has Satan tempt us anyways, so he really can't be held accountable since he is pretty much just following orders.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
So who are we putting on trial? God who has killed far too many people to count (global flood, destruction of entire cities, killings for bad behavior, and many other instances), has a gambling problem (Job, who was tortured because God said go ahead and do this to my servant.), is a major sadist (hell and sending his own son to die), and a baby killer (killing the first born in Egypt).
After God's lengthy trial, we put Satan on the stand for nothing really because there is nothing to put him on the stand for. Everything he done in the Bible, including killing the few people that he did, he done it with God's permission. So while God is still on the stand, we can also charge him with being an accomplice to murder and torture. So in any court really, God wouldn't stand a chance, and Satan wouldn't really have much to be charged with. Even if you take into account the "Father of Lies" title, it really isn't a crime to lie and God has Satan tempt us anyways, so he really can't be held accountable since he is pretty much just following orders.

Each sample of God's heavy handed tactics could be wrote off.
Are you able to think of Him as God?
Is it not His allowance that you breath?
His Word first....you fall in line and abide...or die.
Or do you prefer a God that has no control? who lives..who dies

And now...we are back to killing Satan.

Orias

Left Hand Path
Each sample of God's heavy handed tactics could be wrote off.

Why should we write off God's and just forget what he has done and focus on Satan? Sounds like a buch of bs if you ask me.

Are you able to think of Him as God?
Is it not His allowance that you breath?
His Word first....you fall in line and abide...or die.
Or do you prefer a God that has no control? who lives..who dies

And now...we are back to killing Satan.

More like, it's by our allowance that he is a God. Where would he be if we had not existed?

Who is he to tell us what to do? If God is all powerful then we wouldn't be questioning his 'authority'.

Not back to killing Satan, Shadow Wolf made a very valid point. Who is God to say that Satan is bad, when the very morality of Christians is fighting itself because of God. It is all a big contradiction.

God doesn't seek power, the people running the Church, running God seek power.

Danmac

Satan wants followers. He tells God that people would much rather follow him than God. He tells God that people like Job only use God for what they can get out of Him. Sometimes he's right, but sometimes he's wrong. Testing weeds out the phonies. btw. The man that walks into the rain without an umbrella, should not blame the umbrella when he gets wet.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Insurrection

I thought it was insubordination....like this...

God made Man.....and said to His angels.....
'Man is fragile. Seek after him, that he stub not his toe, nor dash his head.'

God's favored angel said ....
'Nay. They are less than we are. They should be made to serve us.'

There's nothing wrong with that logic.

We humans do so unto all else.
We chain our dogs...steal their freedom to run in packs, but we expect their loyalty none the less.
We bridle horses and saddle them, break their spirits, that they will take us wherever we might want to go.
We cage little birds for their love songs.
But they will never find the mate they sing for.
There will be no nest, no offspring, and the little creature will die...
caged and alone.
We kill lesser things as we please to.

We dominate all things around us...including each other.

A fight broke out....swords drawn.
One third of heaven lost their position over an argument,
concerning something that happens to look like ....you.
Two thirds of heaven lost their brothers over an argument,
concerning something that happens to look like.... you.

To whom do you bear resemblance?
God? or the Fallen?

The Fallen want you dead.
That you not take their places in heaven.
Such would be an insult beyond acceptance.

Shall we blame God for His decree?
Shall we blame the Fallen Angel for his nay saying?

Who will you stand over you when judgment is dealt?

Last edited:

mho123

Atheist
Then how would we know what countries to invade, and whom to liberate the people's from?
because there is no god and there is no satan ,, god didnt create us to his image we evolved from simpler organisms ,, satan is just an invention of people ,, trying to scare the death out of you so that you should obey them ,, its all about power and control ,, just lies to keep the sheep foolowing the flock ,,, to keep you in dreams and confussion asking these kind of questions ,, you should wake up and try to see the truth ,,these are all fairy tales my friend ,,

Danmac

I thought it was insubordination....like this...

God made Man.....and said to His angels.....
'Man is fragile. Seek after him, that he stub not his toe, nor dash his head.'

God's favored angel said ....
'Nay. They are less than we are. They should be made to serve us.'

There's nothing wrong with that logic.

We humans do so unto all else.
We chain our dogs...steal their freedom to run in packs, but we expect their loyalty none the less.
We bridle horses and saddle them, break their spirits, that they will take us wherever we might want to go.
We cage little birds for their love songs.
But they will never find the mate they sing for.
There will be no nest, no offspring, and the little creature will die...
caged and alone.
We kill lesser things as we please to.

We dominate all things around us...including each other.

A fight broke out....swords drawn.
One third of heaven lost their position over an argument,
concerning something that happens to look like ....you.
Two thirds of heaven lost their brothers over an argument,
concerning something that happens to look like.... you.

To whom do you bear resemblance?
God? or the Fallen?

The Fallen want you dead.
That you not take their places in heaven.
Such would be an insult beyond acceptance.

Shall we blame God for His decree?
Shall we blame the Fallen Angel for his nay saying?

Who will you stand over you when judgment is dealt?

And God said, "Let me die for the crimes they have committed".

Thief

Rogue Theologian
And God said, "Let me die for the crimes they have committed".

If you are referring to the Carpenter....that discussion will digress the topic.
Perhaps you were quoting a text I haven't seen.

In any case, topic as is, God is judge, and the Fallen Angel is the accused.

The op question remains.
Why not have done with it?

Orias

Left Hand Path
Insurrection

Under what Authority? God can create, why can't Satan? You cannot give something free will, and then expect it to obey your every command. That is just foolish.

Satan wants followers. He tells God that people would much rather follow him than God. He tells God that people like Job only use God for what they can get out of Him. Sometimes he's right, but sometimes he's wrong. Testing weeds out the phonies. btw. The man that walks into the rain without an umbrella, should not blame the umbrella when he gets wet.

As God does the same. This paragraph above proves nothing.

A man who gets in a car accident and dies because he doesn't wear his seat belt, can in fact blame it on the seat belt. Even though he is dead, and it would be stupid to do such a thing, since he had the free will to decide weather to put the seat belt on or not :D.

So what I get out of this is...a man who places his final moments in God to let him live longer and then dies...he shouldn't blame it on God?

Here is one thing you should realize.

Sure Satan and God fight over followers...but Satan doesn't kill those that refuse. So mainly, might equals right, but then your God is neither right, nor mighty, since he does not control every thing that happens.

Nature does not have a God, Satan cannot be killed by a God because he simply is. As is 'God', they are simply means of ignorant perceptions. Satan may be killed in one mans view, but in another he may not. But how would we ever know? Since both God and Satan are different to different people.