• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why doesnt god kill Satan?

Thesavorofpan

Is not going to save you.
One: I'm not condemning anything. I don't live to go to Hell or Hell. I live simply because I am.

Man has writen through Divine inspiration. Divine is just a fantasy, a man's dream. All men are capable of writing down their greatest fantasies.

In a sense, he did know exactly what he was talking about, because he simply created it. It is a simple way to understand, that all animals are carnal, and spiritual through natural instinct.

The Bible ignorantly attacks and blames it's problem on Satan. God created everything, he created Satan. If your God is as powerful as you claim, then why wouldn't he just eliminate him?

Existence itself holds us, for we are the absence of what is. Why give meaning to nothing, while we are nothing?

As you and I are the same. We hold value to life, you just give it different meaning...

To live a fantasy is to shape it with your own hands, but one thing is true. No fantasy can justify any reality.

For the seven deadly sins, are the most common human/animal characteristics. As all beings it is a way of survival, which makes religion a constriction against the value of memory, spirituality.

Though your Satan and my Satan are completely different, as my only claim will be dust. For I follow my own path. I am, who I am because I am...

:D

If you say so.

How are you so sure that there is no divine in this world?

The bible does not blame all it's problem on Satan, It the majority of the blame gets place on Sin, while some blame on Satan, it's just that not all of the blame is on Satan. Satan has no power, he only has power when you let him.

Thats of course if it was Fantasy.

I don't believe there is seven deadly sins. Every sin is just as deadly as the next. But I don't follow a religion, I have a relationship with God.

I would like to know the reason.Is god testing us?or is Satan more powerful than God?
Several reasons.

1)Spirits are eternal. They can "die" (by their own choices), but they cannot be killed.

2)Satan is just the angel Lucifer -- so he is a servant -- a tool. God created the angels and there is nothing wrong with them. They do what they were made to do. Lucifer was changed into what he is by the consequences of our own choices. By refusing to reponsible for our actions, we made Satan what he is -- an adversary who bears the blaim for our own mistakes. He serves the role he was given. Destroying him would serve no purpose. When this role is no longer needed, he can be reassigned. Or perhaps as the Bible suggests, he will continue to serve the same function in hell, a means by which its inhabitants continue in their stubborn habit of tormenting themselves. It doesn't really matter, he will probably just do whatever he is told.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
Satan wants followers. He tells God that people would much rather follow him than God. He tells God that people like Job only use God for what they can get out of Him. Sometimes he's right, but sometimes he's wrong. Testing weeds out the phonies. btw. The man that walks into the rain without an umbrella, should not blame the umbrella when he gets wet.
Satan does not want worshipers though. There is not one true Satanist that does worship Satan, or any other god for that matter. And why should God, if he is so powerful and mighty, have to prove himself to an alleged inferior being?
And of course you can't blame an umbrella if you get wet in the rain if you didn't have one to begin with. Only a fool would so such a thing. That is, unless the umbrella broke.

Each sample of God's heavy handed tactics could be wrote off.
Are you able to think of Him as God?
Is it not His allowance that you breath?
His Word first....you fall in line and abide...or die.
Or do you prefer a God that has no control? who lives..who dies
Why should God not be held accountable for his own actions? Are we not all accountable before God when we are judged? God is only "god" because some people give him the title. A king is never a king until the people have spoken it. Even if God did give me life, from my own perspective he is a manipulative, sadistic, hypocritical, jealous (he even said it himself, along with angry), vengeful tyrant. I laugh at God because he has so many negative aspects of human emotions that IMO he has failed to be above what he created.

He serves the role he was given. Destroying him would serve no purpose. When this role is no longer needed, he can be reassigned. Or perhaps as the Bible suggests, he will continue to serve the same function in hell, a means by which its inhabitants continue in their stubborn habit of tormenting themselves. It doesn't really matter, he will probably just do whatever he is told.
But why would a god, who is supposed to be loving and merciful, create a being just for the sake of it being the great boogy-man, the universal scapegoat, and just to suffer for all eternity? This is yet another reason I just cannot bring myself back to Christianity.

Danmac

Satan does not want worshipers though. There is not one true Satanist that does worship Satan, or any other god for that matter.

People may not worship satan directly, but many worship him indirectly. When the supreme object of ones life, and the rule of his or her conduct is self gratification thru the excitement of the sensibility, they are worshiping satan's ideology. Thus they are satan followers unawares.

And why should God, if he is so powerful and mighty, have to prove himself to an alleged inferior being?
God is merely demonstrating that the accusations made against him by satan are indeed false
And of course you can't blame an umbrella if you get wet in the rain if you didn't have one to begin with. Only a fool would so such a thing. That is, unless the umbrella broke.
How then can one blame God for the evil, when they resist his divine protection?

Why should God not be held accountable for his own actions? Are we not all accountable before God when we are judged?
satan has accused God of unfairness, and holding double standards. He demanded an equal share of the throne. Jesus came to demonstrate that the throne is given to the humble and not the proud. Whether you are aware of it or not, a divine court is now in session.

God is only "god" because some people give him the title. A king is never a king until the people have spoken it. Even if God did give me life, from my own perspective he is a manipulative, sadistic, hypocritical, jealous (he even said it himself, along with angry), vengeful tyrant. I laugh at God because he has so many negative aspects of human emotions that IMO he has failed to be above what he created.
God is a Spirit and the giver of all life. Your very existence is dependent on His will to keep you alive. God the Father, who is supreme, will not be worshiped. He manifested a Son that He commands us to worship (Jesus). Satan wanted equal access to the throne with Jesus, since he also is God's offspring. He accused God of favoritism. Jesus came to demonstrate that His elevation to the throne is not a matter of his own desire, but because His, humility, love, and mercy, make him deserving of it.

But why would a god, who is supposed to be loving and merciful, create a being just for the sake of it being the great boogy-man, the universal scapegoat, and just to suffer for all eternity? This is yet another reason I just cannot bring myself back to Christianity.
There can be no love without hatred. God created free moral agents that must choose to do one or the other. It is your choice that will determine your eternal destiny.

Last edited:

Orias

Left Hand Path
If you say so.

How are you so sure that there is no divine in this world?

If you are so certain of these dieties, then where do they dwell?

The bible does not blame all it's problem on Satan, It the majority of the blame gets place on Sin, while some blame on Satan, it's just that not all of the blame is on Satan. Satan has no power, he only has power when you let him.

Ahh I see. As God has no power, only the power you give him.

Thats of course if it was Fantasy.

I don't believe there is seven deadly sins. Every sin is just as deadly as the next. But I don't follow a religion, I have a relationship with God.

Hmm...pretty sure any thing has to do with a God, is a form of a faith or religion.

I could say the same with Satan, but I acknowledge that Satan is within my conscience. I did not choose to be this way, I simply am.

Or you could just simply say that I am not part of the flock :D.

SO then it is pretty much settled. God cannot kill Satan, because they are partners in crime :D.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
And all of this discussion....so far...is whether God is still on His throne?
Or powerless, having lost His sovereignty?

Orias

Left Hand Path
People may not worship satan directly, but many worship him indirectly. When the supreme object of ones life, and the rule of his or her conduct is self gratification thru the excitement of the sensibility, they are worshiping satan's ideology. Thus they are satan followers unawares.

I beg to differ, many Satanists that are theistic, may praise and look to Satan as a diety. It is funny that you mention ideaology, since most Satanic people don't follow an 'ideal', rather they focus on being and dwell very much within reality. It is a most understood perception, that we are, because we are, and we will only be the knowledge that we behold.

You only go to Heaven/Hell if you believe that you will.

God is merely demonstrating that the accusations made against him by satan are indeed false
How then can one blame God for the evil, when they resist his divine protection?

Accusations? Like killing a million people, testing peoples faith and letting Satan 'torment' them.

All the deeds that God has done were done by him, even if he got Satan to do them for him, it was still an exstention of God's will. God is a pawn as is Satan, objects to set in place, as they will dictate your life, if you follow the already dulled path.

Evil only is what you give your perception to. God claims to know the truth, claims to justify death, claims to be a superior diety to man. Then where is his will, his face? Nature has no manipulator.

satan has accused God of unfairness, and holding double standards. He demanded an equal share of the throne. Jesus came to demonstrate that the throne is given to the humble and not the proud. Whether you are aware of it or not, a divine court is now in session.

God is unfair, who is he, to tell you who to be, when the will of life can take you where the invisible hand cannot?

God seeks justice, what is his justice?

Remember a humble state is a state of weakness, and submission.

The real thrones are given to those of successful decent, not those who die for nothing.

For you could not possibly posses anything, if you are nothing :D.

God is a Spirit and the giver of all life. Your very existence is dependent on His will to keep you alive. God the Father, who is supreme, will not be worshiped. He manifested a Son that He commands us to worship (Jesus). Satan wanted equal access to the throne with Jesus, since he also is God's offspring. He accused God of favoritism. Jesus came to demonstrate that His elevation to the throne is not a matter of his own desire, but because His, humility, love, and mercy, make him deserving of it.

My existence is dependent on His will, yet it is my will that makes me want to live. His survival is dependent on our will.

He does not have the strength to kill Satan when they ask, yet he demands our worship of Jesus, a man who thrives off of pity, sorrow, and sympathy. Jesus' humility, love and mercy made him deserving of the throne...sorry Danmac...that just sounds very backwards.

There can be no love without hatred. God created free moral agents that must choose to do one or the other. It is your choice that will determine your eternal destiny.

There can be both hatred and love, separately. But most realistic people feel all emotions without even acknowledging that according to you, is bad.

Shadow Wolf

I am accusing God of these things. It was commanded to love they neighbor, love thy enemy, and turn the other check. It is not hard to find evidence in which God does not play by his own rules.

Orias

Left Hand Path
I am accusing God of these things. It was commanded to love they neighbor, love thy enemy, and turn the other check. It is not hard to find evidence in which God does not play by his own rules.

I agree. Too many times has 'God' killed the innocent.

That also gives evidence to show that Satan is God :D.

If God is always testing people in such a manner, than it is enough to say that God is what he hates.

If he truly loved everything he would play by the rules, but he is a known murderer, and he is one who truly does love himself. That is why he cannot kill Satan.

Shadow Wolf

That also gives evidence to show that Satan is God :D.
If Jehovah and Satan were ever proved beyond a shadow of a doubt, then I would have to find Satan as more fitting and deserving of the title of "God." Not only is he actually more humble by not wanting his followers to worship people, he encourages us to enjoy creation, not harm anyone (unless they have it coming.), and has a much cleaner record than God does.

Thesavorofpan

Is not going to save you.
Hmm...pretty sure any thing has to do with a God, is a form of a faith or religion.

I could say the same with Satan, but I acknowledge that Satan is within my conscience. I did not choose to be this way, I simply am.

Or you could just simply say that I am not part of the flock :D.

SO then it is pretty much settled. God cannot kill Satan, because they are partners in crime :D.

I still prefer to say I have a relationship with God, but since you have to be so technical about it lets call it a faith.

Thats a depressing thought. Unless do you believe that people can change the way they are?

Partners in crime? You seem to have an odd view about God.

deniro

If we look a little to know that behind all the destruction and war and hatred, both among religions and peoples is the devil I am serious in my words

newhope101

One of the bible books that gives insight into why God doesn't just destroy Satan is the book of Job. There Satan made the accusation that Job only loved God because of all that God has provided him. Satan challenged that he/satan should be allowed to strike Job to test his faithfullness. Satan asserted that Job would turn away from God. Fortunately Job did not loose faith although he did not understand why he and his family had been smitten. I think God no longer directly intevenes with us so that He can show Satan and his followers that faith will remain alive despite no special favour. God has given mankind a long time to show if he should rule himself, but we are not doing so good at it.
There are plenty of scriptures that state Satan is the ruler of the earth. That's why in the Lords' Prayer, that so many recite over and over, it says "Thy kingdom come". It aint here yet but we pray for this paradise to come. Satan rules... that's why he offered the earth to Jesus during the tempation. Note Jesus did not say the earth was not Satans to give. Also note, in the story of Job, Satan recognised he would be limited by the provisions God placed on him in testing Job. Satan did not challenge that authority. As far as the bible story goes it seems..Satan is currently the ruler of the earth, but God is still ruler of Satan...and Satan is going off into destruction, hopefully sooner rather than later.
Yes one can cite many cruel and inexplicable things that God has done. Introducing death to all generations because Adam and Eve disobeyed, in itself seems unfair. Having said that, if there is a God, then he makes the rules.

Orias

Left Hand Path
I still prefer to say I have a relationship with God, but since you have to be so technical about it lets call it a faith.

Call it whatever you want, believing and following God is religion.

Thats a depressing thought. Unless do you believe that people can change the way they are?

People can attempt to be something they are not, but deep down they will always be who they are. So called 'sin' is inevitable. Everyone is unique and has their own characteristics of their individuality, but a mass perception does not account for who they really are. They just listen and agree with what they hear.

A majority of people never find out who they are, they just become what the others expect them to be.

Partners in crime? You seem to have an odd view about God.

The Church would have no power if it were not for Satan. It is simple.

Last edited:

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I started a topic thread...God and Satan as One...some time ago.
Perhaps the current participants would address that possibility there.

Here...however...is a topic aimed at Satan's long life...in spite of his opposition to God's sovereignty.

To assume God and Satan are as one, would be a good guess for Satan's longevity.
But this thread does ask the question, 'why God doesn't kill Satan?'

Herein, God and Satan are separate entities, and opposed.

Why not kill the opposition?

It cannot be argued that Satan is obeying God.
That's not opposition.
It should not be argued they are brothers.
They would then have parents greater than each other.

God is sovereign. He decides who shall live, who shall die.
That many have died by His command is no surprise.
Your objection is noted.

And it still remains....why not kill Satan?

Orias

Left Hand Path
I started a topic thread...God and Satan as One...some time ago.
Perhaps the current participants would address that possibility there.

Here...however...is a topic aimed at Satan's long life...in spite of his opposition to God's sovereignty.

To assume God and Satan are as one, would be a good guess for Satan's longevity.
But this thread does ask the question, 'why God doesn't kill Satan?'

Herein, God and Satan are separate entities, and opposed.

Why not kill the opposition?

It cannot be argued that Satan is obeying God.
That's not opposition.
It should not be argued they are brothers.
They would then have parents greater than each other.

God is sovereign. He decides who shall live, who shall die.
That many have died by His command is no surprise.
Your objection is noted.

And it still remains....why not kill Satan?

Satan simply is beyond the power of God.

And he has no reason to be killed, as he has harmed no one with his own will, unless they have done wrong unto him :D

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Satan simply is beyond the power of God.

And he has no reason to be killed, as he has harmed no one with his own will, unless they have done wrong unto him :D

Poor logic...poor belief.

If Satan is beyond God's power then the title of 'creator' does not belong to God.
That won't work.

And if the old story of Satan's insubordination is true....
Then the Fallen angels want you dead.

You would choose Satan over God?

Orias

Left Hand Path
Poor logic...poor belief.

How so? It is so poor as to God cannot kill Satan, simply because Satan is greater than Him?

If Satan is beyond God's power then the title of 'creator' does not belong to God.
That won't work.

Sure it does, the title of creator can belong to anyone with an imaginative mind. It is your interpretation that is weak.

And if the old story of Satan's insubordination is true....
Then the Fallen angels want you dead.

You speak of truth. Lol at you.

The 'Fallen Angles' want death itself.

It is not uncommon to come across a Satanist with a hint of misanthropia.

You would choose Satan over God?

I chose being.

We have already gone over this Theif. I am no fanatic like you, I don't search for inane means to justify the inevitable.

Last edited: