• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Dont Christians Accept the Book of Mormon as Valid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoyLeche

meh...
Exactly!
And God chose to put the authority within baptism, in whatever form it takes. That's what I have come to know. You may believe that I'm wrong, but you'r belief don't make it so. You cannot make viable statements about my spiritual disposition.
Ok, believe that. I'm glad you can finally see that my belief doesn't make a difference in yours.

I disagree with you on that point, but who cares? I'm sure we disagree on a lot more than that.

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
Baptism is
an act of Faith. Without faith it is impossible to please God.

Romans 4:13 It was not through law that Abraham and his offspring received the promise that he would be heir of the world, but through the righteousness that comes by faith. 14 For if those who live by law are heirs, faith has no value and the promise is worthless, 15 because law brings wrath. And where there is no law there is no transgression. 16 Therefore, the promise comes by faith, so that it may be by grace and may be guaranteed to all Abraham's offspring—not only to those who are of the law but also to those who are of the faith of Abraham. He is the father of us all. 17 As it is written: "I have made you a father of many nations." He is our father in the sight of God, in whom he believed—the God who gives life to the dead and calls things that are not as though they were. NIV

namguy

Why don't Christians accept the Book of Mormon to be true? It testifys of Christ our Savior, as the Messiah, the Great Mediator. And it's a solid Book, it has substance.

You don't believe there is any way that Christ would have appeared to his "Sheep of another fold" (mentioned in the bible) in the americas after his ressurection. Or that Both God and Christ would appear to a modern day prophet.

Yet, they believe that God, or even the "Mother Mary" would speak to 6 old women in Bosnia?

I'm curious to hear your thoughts on why you think the way you do.

A "true Christian" believes in the Bible (KJV) it has the LAST WORD. In the Mormon religion the Book of Mormon has the last word. Anything after 'but' is of the devil:yes:

!Fluffy!

Lacking Common Sense
So then what "keys" were given to Peter and the other Apostles?

Those were the keys to a vehicle - the written word by which all believers since their witness have come to Christ.

They were also the keys to the Kingdom - and ScubaPete will understand this I think - the kingdom of heaven which is "at hand" - here and now. It was the final act after the destruction of the priesthood, and the establishment of the new priesthood of all believers, which was accepted on our behalf by the apostles as the first of many to come after them.

Christ did not tear down the priesthood just to re-establish the same order with a new shiny name. No, we are the new priesthood as testified to in I Peter 2.

madhatter85

Transhumanist
A "true Christian" believes in the Bible (KJV) it has the LAST WORD. In the Mormon religion the Book of Mormon has the last word. Anything after 'but' is of the devil:yes:

So the Book of Mormon is of the Devil? even though it sits in perfect harmony from ever facet with the words of the bible? oic okay.

SoyLeche

meh...
So the Book of Mormon is of the Devil? even though it sits in perfect harmony from ever facet with the words of the bible? oic okay.
Whether or not it "sits in perfect harmony" depends pretty much entirely on one's interpretation of both the Bible and the BoM. You're not going to get anywhere down that road.

madhatter85

Transhumanist
I wasn't name calling,

but seriously that is all i see is a bunch of people too scared to actually take one good look at the Book of Mormon, they make claims regarding it's contents but havent even read the title page.

Really It's great.

SoyLeche

meh...
I wasn't name calling,

but seriously that is all i see is a bunch of people too scared to actually take one good look at the Book of Mormon, they make claims regarding it's contents but havent even read the title page.

Really It's great.
You really are blind :)

That may be true of some (many) of the people here, but it is definately NOT true of many others.

nutshell

I wasn't name calling,

Really It's great.

You're making assumptions. many critics have read it cover to cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.