• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why don't more people know about Edmonton ?

Massimo2002

To me it seems that most people outside of Canada don't know that Edmonton exists why is this ? And is my assessment wrong ?

Viker

Your beloved eccentric Auntie Cristal
I know of it. I'll admit I don't know much about it.

Have you ever heard of Louisville, Kentucky? Know anything about it?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
To me it seems that most people outside of Canada don't know that Edmonton exists why is this ? And is my assessment wrong ?

There are plenty of towns and cities world wide that I don't know (and im pretty well travelled) but i do know of Edmondton. I have a couple of Canadian friends who have relatives there and know a guy who has a couple of properties there.

Tamino

Have you ever heard of Louisville, Kentucky? Know anything about it?
Yes! UPS probably has a big logistics center there, because my company has boxes shipping via Louisville all the time when we export goods to Europe
(And that is the one single fact I know about that city )

Tamino

You're right. I am from Germany, I have heard the name and I was aware that Edmonton is a city, but I couldn't even say if it's in Canada or the US .
or in Australia ... Just that it is in an English speaking country.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Is there anything there that is famous?
West Edmonton Mall was once the biggest shopping mall in the world.

But it is a big world. It is just not reasonable to expect random people to know much about its cities.

Even though Edmonton is also the capital of the Canadian province of Alberta, of which there are only ten (plus three territories), and just over a million people live there. But then again, apparently there are well over 500 cities worldwide of about the same level.

People just aren't usually anywhere near that fluent in political geography.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I know of Edmonton.
Never been there.
But I've heard there's no compelling reason to ever go there.
Oh....wait....I'm thinking of Winnepeg.

RestlessSoul

There's an Edmonton in North London, if that helps. It has lots of Victorian terraces, some 60s and 70s social housing, a shopping centre, and not much else.