• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why don't some people like being created?

Walkntune

If you honestly believe that faith is the source of knowledge, how do you explain it when an atheist or an agnostic discovers or invents something? Do they momentarily believe in God, and then immediately reject religion after the fact?
Faith is part of your fight and flight instincts and everyone is born with it.Its the part of you that opens up your awareness to one degree or another.Faith is faith and the amount you exercise determines how much you open your awareness.Fear makes you place your awareness on particular dangers and faith allows you to open your awareness.Faith in God allows you to completely trust and open your awareness to all reality.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkntune
After all it created me and not vice versa!

Which, of course, is an expression of your faith ...
Well either we came from the universe or it came from us! That doesn't take faith, just common sense. Since we came from it our abilities to understand it also came from it which means it doesn't need to fit into any particular method we use to comprehend it.

My character perhaps (since I am openly skeptical of your position, and I do not hide that), but my integrity is beyond your knowledge at this point. You attack my integrity with no basis for doing so (hurting your feelings or being derisive of you is not an issue of integrity). Maybe it's faith born of knowledge that you believe enables you to judge my integrity - no?
Didn't attack your integrity,just stated I have gathered knowledge about it and stated your statements were demeaning.
If I was to attack your integrity then I would tell you that real scientists know better than to argue on subjects they don't know as facts and it does the scientific method injustice to hear someone state opinions as facts who base their knowledge on such methods-no?

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Would you say that religion has been the cause that allowed science to make the discovery?
Some things perhaps.
However it seems to me that this is actually the exception to the rule.

Also What do you mean by discovery, because could you say it was religion that discovered spirituality, or am I going to far/misunderstanding?
Define "spirituality"

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
Faith is part of your fight and flight instincts and everyone is born with it.Its the part of you that opens up your awareness to one degree or another.Faith is faith and the amount you exercise determines how much you open your awareness.Fear makes you place your awareness on particular dangers and faith allows you to open your awareness.Faith in God allows you to completely trust and open your awareness to all reality.
That's some fine gibberish.

Didn't attack your integrity,just stated I have gathered knowledge about it and stated your statements were demeaning.
My mistake. I apologize for the assumption on my part. Since you were really going to praise my integrity (and I obviously misconstrued your meaning). Please go ahead and speak highly of my integrity, as you originally intended to do.

If I was to attack your integrity then I would tell you that real scientists know better than to argue on subjects they don't know as facts and it does the scientific method injustice to hear someone state opinions as facts who base their knowledge on such methods-no?
Absolutely. I'll take it that this means that you won't be stating your opinions on anything remotely touching science, and that you'll be limiting yourself to speculation on the more ethereal matters - like faith.

Commoner

Headache
Absolutely. I'll take it that this means that you won't be stating your opinions on anything remotely touching science, and that you'll be limiting yourself to speculation on the more ethereal matters - like faith.

I think you're forgetting about the Double Standard Theorem (DST).

Walkntune

My mistake. I apologize for the assumption on my part. Since you were really going to praise my integrity (and I obviously misconstrued your meaning). Please go ahead and speak highly of my integrity, as you originally intended to do.
I'm just looking for some good sound reasoning from you instead of the usual demeaning statements that means nothing more then childish name calling.

Absolutely. I'll take it that this means that you won't be stating your opinions on anything remotely touching science, and that you'll be limiting yourself to speculation on the more ethereal matters - like faith. __________________

Why must we limit ourselves to a method instead of just being open to experience the universe with all of the abilities that we are born and equipped with.

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
I'm just looking for some good sound reasoning from you instead of the usual demeaning statements that means nothing more then childish name calling.
I think you are looking to pass off your religious beliefs as if they were as viable and validated as scientific findings based on evidence gathered over the last 300 years, by the best minds our species has to offer. If that offends you, so be it.

Why must we limit ourselves to a method instead of just being open to experience the universe with all of the abilities that we are born and equipped with.
Why, indeed. I think I'll check the phonebook, to see where the closest Church of Scientology is.

Walkntune

Why, indeed. I think I'll check the phonebook, to see where the closest Church of Scientology is.

You Got me!! I'm into scientology! Actually not really familiar with them or if they believe in scriptures or not.
Sorry my friend. I am a regular Christian who finds science interesting.
You can call it a double standard theorem, I will just call it not being close minded
I think you are looking to pass off your religious beliefs as if they were as viable and validated as scientific findings based on evidence gathered over the last 300 years, by the best minds our species has to offer. If that offends you, so be it.
300 hundred years you say! That 's pretty funny!

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
You can call it a double standard theorem, I will just call it not being close minded
Call it what you will, it doesn't change your position.

300 hundred years you say! That 's pretty funny!
I wasn't really making that statement about evolution specifically, but modern science as a whole. Since it is generally accepted that the scientific revolution started in the 16th or 17th century, 300 years is about right (if not overly conservative).

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
Yeah it's evil to be a Christian who actually doesn't shun science!

What a change! I was under the impression that you rejected evolutionary biology.

Maybe you can bring out the post that gave you this impression so I can clarify what you have interpreted.

Your previous attitudes toward the scientific method.

I disagree with a majority of the scientific method and take a stance spiritually. I at least spend time learning from a few of the scientists that have contributed some decent knowledge beyond trying to make reality conform to a method of formulas but with some truth
Does it really matter what conclusions science comes too? Science is not the proper way to view reality much less spiritual concepts.
]I know what science is. Science and observes the world through a logical mind and then line up awareness accordingly.Completely backwards from how we were created to be.

Walkntune

I will be more specific! I Shun mainstream science,not the real scientists who have to battle mainstream science like Einstein and Tesla, you know , the good ones who actually make scientific advancements that the rest of the herd follow! Newton was a good scientist and a Christian also.

gnostic

The Lost One
walkntune said:
I will be more specific! I Shun mainstream science,not the real scientists who have to battle mainstream science like Einstein and Tesla, you know , the good ones who actually make scientific advancements that the rest of the herd follow! Newton was a good scientist and a Christian also.

And yet, Newton was frightened by the church and didn't publish some materials that the church would have arrest him and try him as heretic. He didn't want to be punished like another good scientist, Galileo.

So the church actually had shunt growth of scientific knowledge.

Newton should be praised as scientist, not because he was a Christian, because his theory and law had nothing to do with Christianity.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank

Einstein, Tesla and Newton are all mainstream science.

Do you, or do you not, accept the scientific method?