• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why have Christians forgotten the fourth Commandment?

Are all Ten commandments binding?

• Total voters

logician

"the 10 Commandments are for everyone aren't they "

I disagree strongly. The first 4 definitely are only for god believers, numbers 5, 7, and 10 are open to broad interpretation.

rstrats

Mestemia,

re: "Which day of the week is the sabbath: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, or Sunday? What scripture clearly indicates which of the above days is the sabbath? answer: NONE OF THEM"

As you know, there is no scripture that refers to the Sabbath with any of the names that you list because they were not used before the second century.

re: "The only thing you have is ‘the seventh day.’"

What more do you need? Just look at an Israel calendar. A close inspection should reveal to you the seventh day.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Mestemia,

re: "Which day of the week is the sabbath: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, or Sunday? What scripture clearly indicates which of the above days is the sabbath? answer: NONE OF THEM"

As you know, there is no scripture that refers to the Sabbath with any of the names that you list because they were not used before the second century.

re: "The only thing you have is ‘the seventh day.’"

What more do you need? Just look at an Israel calendar. A close inspection should reveal to you the seventh day.
LOL
and you have not presented anything that has not been already presented in this thread.
The 'seventh' day can be any of the days.
Just because a particular calendar indicates that the seventh day is Saturday, does not mean that Saturday is the 'seventh' day referred to as the seventh day in the scriptures.
Which is the whole point.
The one that certain individuals tend to ignore when presenting their argument.
An argument that would be just as valid for any day of the week, Tuesday or Wednesday or Thursday.
This fact alone pokes many a hole in the argument.
However, instead of addressing this problem, it is rather diligently ignored.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
What more do we need? Conclusive proof of which day of the week God rested on would be good. Wrapped up in this would be proof of a 6-day creation and a 6000-or-so-year-old Earth. Good luck with the endeavour.

Without that, there's no reason to say that the ancient Jews got their calendar "right" when they began it.

BruceDLimber

Greetings!

This poll is defective because it omits important alternatives.

Specifically, in the Baha'i view, Divine Revelation and Divine Law do indeed change over time, but may only do so by God's initiative, never through human choice! And the poll doesn't support this possibility.

Peace,

Bruce

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
Paul never mentions the "10 Commands" as the scope of the Law he was talking about. That's your particular interpretation of it, and that interpretation is wrong.
I disagree, and so does Paul...

I Corinthians 3:3 You show that you are a letter from Christ, the result of our ministry, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.
4 Such confidence as this is ours through Christ before God. 5 Not that we are competent in ourselves to claim anything for ourselves, but our competence comes from God. 6 He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.
7 Now if the ministry that brought death, which was engraved in letters on stone, came with glory, so that the Israelites could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of its glory, fading though it was, 8will not the ministry of the Spirit be even more glorious? 9 If the ministry that condemns men is glorious, how much more glorious is the ministry that brings righteousness! 10 For what was glorious has no glory now in comparison with the surpassing glory. 11 And if what was fading away came with glory, how much greater is the glory of that which lasts! NIV

Now, what other laws were given to the Israelites that were engraved in stone?

I am under a NEW covenant with God. Not one built on rules, but on LOVE. I am no longer under the OLD covenant as it was supplanted by the NEW. When it comes to the OP, I don't uphold ANY of the 10 commandments unless of course they are defined by the Two Christian Commands (which they are).

d.n.irvin

The "10 Comandment Law of Love" is an abysmal interpretation of both the decalogue and Christ's summary of the Levitican Law.
That is your opinion Hmm..."Then God spoke all these words:...Six days you shall labor and do all your work. But the seventh day is a sabbath to the LORD your God; you shall not do any work...seems to me like God set the standard -- not men -- according to your interpretation. Healing is work. Picking grain is work. God said it was not to be done, but Jesus did it anyway.You need to read what i said againThese examples are given in the Gospels to show that love for God and fellow is more important than love for the letter of the Law. Your interpretation, once again...abysmal. However you simplify you cannot take away
Yes, the practice of love is the whole point of all the law -- not that we should love the Law as an end in itself, but as an expression of love. If our keeping the Law causes us to love the Law more than God or fellow, then the Law is being idolized and should be broken. Now tie this point in with not keeping the Sabbath of the Bible
Paul never mentions the "10 Commands" as the scope of the Law he was talking about. Only in your Bible That's your particular interpretation of it, and that interpretation is wrong. That's "your" particular interpretation of it, and that interpretation is wrong.Once again, Romans says, "Do we then overthrow the law by this faith? By no means! On the contrary, we uphold the law." In other words, our righteousness comes to us by faith -- not by law. Faith does not nullify the law, rather, faith fulfills the law. Once again, your interpretation is abysmal.
Your quote "that keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus" is not part of the scriptural reference you quoted. That's your interpolation. This is an excellent example of how eisegesis can really skew Biblical interpretation.
Baloney! Your posts are full of your interpretations.
And must be interpreted by the reader. Yes. Christians follow Christ. Protestants have nothing really new to add to the mix and are not cogent to the issue at hand. Most Protestants worship...on Sunday! (Hence, following the"teachings of the Papacy," as you put it.) As I've said before, Sunday worship predates the Papacy. Yes it does, and? The Papacy claims responsibility for it, only because the Papacy is in the apostolic succession. What the apostles set in place, therefore, the Papacy, by extension, set in place, for the Papacy is part of the apostolic authority. Thats not what the Bible says Your means nothing to anyone but yourself. If you think you're not speaking from your own opinion and interpretation, you're fooling yourself. I have no interpretation of prophecy, I have only echoed the Bible
Read your Bible again. Baptism celebrates the remission of sin. The Eucharist celebrates the resurrection. That's what most Protestants believe, anyway...since you seem eager to hold them up as an example...
Eucharist?

Aqualung

Tasty
d.n.irvine - it would make your argument a lot easier to follow (for me at least), if you could keep all your quotes seperate. For example, if I were to respond ScubaPete's response right above yours, I could break it up like this:

[quote=ScubaPete]I disagree, and so does Paul...[/quote]
Oh, does Paul disagree then?

[quote=ScubaPete]I Corinthians 3:3 You show that you are a letter from Christ, the result of our ministry, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts. 4 Such confidence as this is ours through Christ before God. 5 Not that we are competent in ourselves to claim anything for ourselves, but our competence comes from God. 6 He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.
7 Now if the ministry that brought death, which was engraved in letters on stone, came with glory, so that the Israelites could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of its glory, fading though it was, 8will not the ministry of the Spirit be even more glorious? 9 If the ministry that condemns men is glorious, how much more glorious is the ministry that brings righteousness! 10 For what was glorious has no glory now in comparison with the surpassing glory. 11 And if what was fading away came with glory, how much greater is the glory of that which lasts! NIV[/quote]
This is a very interesting quote indeed! I see your point, but disagree, because...

[quote=ScubaPete]Now, what other laws were given to the Israelites that were engraved in stone?[/quote]
Perhaps there were many.

[quote=ScubaPete]I am under a NEW covenant with God. Not one built on rules, but on LOVE. I am no longer under the OLD covenant as it was supplanted by the NEW. When it comes to the OP, I don't uphold ANY of the 10 commandments unless of course they are defined by the Two Christian Commands (which they are).[/quote]
So maintaining one holy day in symbolism of God's creation of the earth does not hold under "Love God"?

That would make it look like this:

ScubaPete said:
I disagree, and so does Paul...

ScubaPete said:
I Corinthians 3:3 You show that you are a letter from Christ, the result of our ministry, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts. 4 Such confidence as this is ours through Christ before God. 5 Not that we are competent in ourselves to claim anything for ourselves, but our competence comes from God. 6 He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.
7 Now if the ministry that brought death, which was engraved in letters on stone, came with glory, so that the Israelites could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of its glory, fading though it was, 8will not the ministry of the Spirit be even more glorious? 9 If the ministry that condemns men is glorious, how much more glorious is the ministry that brings righteousness! 10 For what was glorious has no glory now in comparison with the surpassing glory. 11 And if what was fading away came with glory, how much greater is the glory of that which lasts! NIV
This is a very interesting quote indeed! I see your point, but disagree, because...

ScubaPete said:
Now, what other laws were given to the Israelites that were engraved in stone?
Perhaps there were many.

ScubaPete said:
I am under a NEW covenant with God. Not one built on rules, but on LOVE. I am no longer under the OLD covenant as it was supplanted by the NEW. When it comes to the OP, I don't uphold ANY of the 10 commandments unless of course they are defined by the Two Christian Commands (which they are).
So maintaining one holy day in symbolism of God's creation of the earth does not hold under "Love God"?

That would not only make it easier to read (as it would be easier to tell which parts you said), it would make responding to you a lot easier if someone were inclined to do so

d.n.irvin

In regards to my first post "Why Christians only keep 9 out of the 10 Commandments? " It was a question first posed to test the "Biblical Knowledge" of anyone who claims to be a follower of Christ. NOT A CHURCH OR DENOMINATIONS KNOWLEDGE- BUT BIBLE KNOWLEDGE ALONE. Most Christians go to church on Sunday- ignoring the Fourth commandment, and don't truly know why?
The Bible through Prophecy(comparing Daniel and Revelation) reveal that at the heart of "The Great Controversy " between Christ and Satan(let us not forget) -is, and always has been about worship. Bible Prophecy also reveals that in the "end times" Satan would use a religious system to turn Gods true day of worship into a false day of worship, even forcing people to worship on this day (SUNDAY). God says "If you love me, keep my commandments." He never forces His will upon those who want to do as they want to do.

Christians believe that the Bible is Gods "Handbook" for living, -Christians also believe what Christ and the Apostles taught in the Bible. No where in scripture can we find where Christ or the Apostles taught that the 10 Commandments were done away with or made void when Christ died on the cross. THAT TEACHING IS A DOCTRINE OF MEN- HENCE WE CANNOT FIND THIS DOCTRINE IN THE BIBLE. The teaching that the Seventh-Day Sabbath of the Jews is no longer valid and that the day has has been changed to Sunday is unbiblical and a Roman Catholic teaching and doing, and they proudly and readily admit that it is their creation.

The Bible also says in Revelation, that the Catholic Church is the "Mother" of this teaching and that other Protestant denominations that follow the teaching of Sunday worship- are her "Children". THIS IS WHAT THE BIBLE HAS TO SAY - NOT ME - NOR A CHURCH- NOR IS IT MY PERSONAL INTERPRETATION. As a Christian, I am only interested in what God has to say about things, not men. Although everyones post was appreciated whether it was Biblical, factual or not.

Scuba Pete

because why???
Perhaps there were many.
I don't see any others mentioned in the OT. This is a direct reference to the 10 Commandments and to no other law.
Actually, it wouldn't. Love must be 24/7/365/4therestofyourlife for it to be love. Would your spouse be satisfied with just one day a week?

Even the OT prophesied about the coming "New Covenant". A covenant not based on rules and regulations, but on love.

Jeremiah 31:31 "The time is coming," declares the LORD,
"when I will make a new covenant
with the house of Israel
and with the house of Judah.
32 It will not be like the covenant
I made with their forefathers
when I took them by the hand
to lead them out of Egypt,
because they broke my covenant,
though I was a husband to them,"
declares the LORD.

33 "This is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel
after that time," declares the LORD.
"I will put my law in their minds
and write it on their hearts.
I will be their God,
and they will be my people.
NIV

Why would we want to retain any vestige of the Old when the New is so much better?

Aqualung

Tasty
because why???I don't see any others mentioned in the OT. This is a direct reference to the 10 Commandments and to no other law. Actually, it wouldn't. Love must be 24/7/365/4therestofyourlife for it to be love. Would your spouse be satisfied with just one day a week?

Even the OT prophesied about the coming "New Covenant". A covenant not based on rules and regulations, but on love.

Jeremiah 31:31 "The time is coming," declares the LORD,
"when I will make a new covenant
with the house of Israel
and with the house of Judah.
32 It will not be like the covenant
I made with their forefathers
when I took them by the hand
to lead them out of Egypt,
because they broke my covenant,
though I was a husband to them,"
declares the LORD.

33 "This is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel
after that time," declares the LORD.
"I will put my law in their minds
and write it on their hearts.
I will be their God,
and they will be my people.
NIV

Why would we want to retain any vestige of the Old when the New is so much better?

I wasn't actually arguing with you. I was just making up responses so I could demonstrate proper quoting techniques.

d.n.irvin

Almost the whole Christian world reverences Sunday, did God know that this attempt to change His holy Sabbath would occur?

And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time. " Daniel 7:25
Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood. For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock. Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them." Acts 20:28-30
Yes, long ago God predicted that, from within the church itself, misguided men would arise who would attempt to change His holy law.

Who is responsible for all of the confusion regarding the Sabbath?
In the Bible's prophetic book of Daniel, God lists many identifying characteristics of the "little horn" who would 'think to change' God's law. The Bible's identifying points clearly implicate the Roman Catholic church as this organization. Infact, you can even find the answer to this question by looking at the many statements made by the church and its leadership
“The Catholic Church designated Sunday as the day for corporate worship and gets full credit – or blame – for the change.” This Rock, The Magazine of Catholic Apologetics and Evangelization, p.8, June 1997

"The Church, on the other hand, after changing the day of rest from the Jewish Sabbath, or seventh day of the week, to the first, made the Third Commandment refer to Sunday as the day to be kept holy as the Lord's Day." The Catholic Encyclopedia,

''Of course the Catholic Church claims that the change was her act. And the act is a mark of her ecclesiastical power and authority in religious matters.'' C. F. Thomas, Chancellor of Cardinal Gibbons, in answer to a letter regarding the change of the Sabbath, November 11, 1895.

d.n.irvin

Institution Of The Sabbath
"Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. And on the seventh day God ended his work which he made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made." Genesis 2:1-3
Jesus
"And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the Sabbath day, and stood up for to read." Luke 4:16
Jesus
"And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life? And he said unto him, if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments." Matthew 19:16-17
Jesus
"But pray ye that your flight be not in winter, neither on the Sabbath day." Matthew 24:20.
Jesus asked his disciples to pray that in the flight from the doomed city of Jerusalem they would not have to flee on the Sabbath day. This flight took place in 70 A.D. (40 years after the Cross).
His Followers
"And they returned, and prepared spices and ointments and rested the Sabbath day according to the commandment." Luke 23:56
Paul
"And Paul, as his manner was went in unto them, and three Sabbath days reasoned with them out of the Scriptures" Acts 17:2
Paul And Gentiles
"And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, the Gentiles besought that these words might be preached to them the next Sabbath. And the next Sabbath came almost the whole city together to hear the Word of God." Acts 13:42, 44.
Here we find Gentiles in a Gentile city gathering on the Sabbath. It was not a synagogue meeting in verse 44, for it says almost the whole city came together, verse 42 says they asked to hear the message the "next Sabbath."
John
"I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day." Rev. 1:10 (Mark 2:28, Isa.58:13, Ex.20:10, Clearly show the Seventh Day Sabbath to be the Lord's day).
Josephus
"There is not any city of the Grecians, nor any of the Barbarians, nor any nation whatsoever, whither our custom of resting on the seventh day hath not come!" M'Clatchie, "Notes and Queries on China and Japan" (edited by Dennys), Vol 4, Nos 7, 8, p.100.
Philo
Declares the seventh day to be a festival, not of this or of that city, but of the universe. M'Clatchie, "Notes and Queries," Vol. 4, 99
Do you think God and the Angels keep the Commandments?

Scuba Pete

Freedom from the Law...

Galatians 5:13 You, my brothers, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature; rather, serve one another in love. 14 The entire law is summed up in a single command: "Love your neighbor as yourself." 15 If you keep on biting and devouring each other, watch out or you will be destroyed by each other.

16 So I say, live by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature. 17 For the sinful nature desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the sinful nature. They are in conflict with each other, so that you do not do what you want. 18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under law. 19 The acts of the sinful nature are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. 24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires. 25 Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. 26 Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other. NIV

I am free from the OT laws because Jesus' death fulfilled them. Sure it's hard for you to accept this, just as it was hard for Peter to accept it.

Acts 10: 9 About noon the following day as they were on their journey and approaching the city, Peter went up on the roof to pray. 10 He became hungry and wanted something to eat, and while the meal was being prepared, he fell into a trance. 11 He saw heaven opened and something like a large sheet being let down to earth by its four corners. 12 It contained all kinds of four-footed animals, as well as reptiles of the earth and birds of the air. 13 Then a voice told him, "Get up, Peter. Kill and eat."
14 "Surely not, Lord!" Peter replied. "I have never eaten anything impure or unclean."
15 The voice spoke to him a second time, "Do not call anything impure that God has made clean."
16 This happened three times, and immediately the sheet was taken back to heaven.
17 While Peter was wondering about the meaning of the vision, the men sent by Cornelius found out where Simon's house was and stopped at the gate. 18They called out, asking if Simon who was known as Peter was staying there.
19 While Peter was still thinking about the vision, the Spirit said to him, "Simon, three men are looking for you. 20 So get up and go downstairs. Do not hesitate to go with them, for I have sent them."
21 Peter went down and said to the men, "I'm the one you're looking for. Why have you come?"
22 The men replied, "We have come from Cornelius the centurion. He is a righteous and God-fearing man, who is respected by all the Jewish people. A holy angel told him to have you come to his house so that he could hear what you have to say." 23 Then Peter invited the men into the house to be his guests.

The next day Peter started out with them, and some of the brothers from Joppa went along. 24 The following day he arrived in Caesarea. Cornelius was expecting them and had called together his relatives and close friends. 25 As Peter entered the house, Cornelius met him and fell at his feet in reverence. 26 But Peter made him get up. "Stand up," he said, "I am only a man myself."
27 Talking with him, Peter went inside and found a large gathering of people. 28 He said to them: "You are well aware that it is against our law for a Jew to associate with a Gentile or visit him. But God has shown me that I should not call any man impure or unclean. NIV

Romans goes into great detail how we have DIED to sin and consequently we are no longer under it's spell and that the Law has no bearing on us. I choose to live in Jesus' FREEDOM.

d.n.irvin

Lets discuss the "freedom from the Law" as in your post. Most Christians think the Ten Commandment Law of God was nailed to the cross. But after a careful examination of scripture we find this to be unbiblical. Lets first look at an additional text not mentioned that Christians use to teach the Ten Commandments were done away with -Colossians 2: 14 ": Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to the cross"

Was it the 10 Commandments of God? Or was it really the Book of the Law, written by Moses?

The Bible talks about two great "laws"
1. The Law of God(the 10 Commandments) or "two tablets of the testimony", also known as the Moral Law, Law of Love, and the Decalogue.
2. The Law of Moses ( the "Book of the Law" or "Book of the Covenant", also known as the Ceremonial Law and the Mosaic Law.
Bible writers often use singular word "Law" to refer to either the Law of God or the Law of Moses. If we don't have a clear understanding of their different purposes, its easy to miss the context of the writings and arrive at misguided conclusions.
For example, Paul wrote: " For as many as are of the works of the law are under the the curse... No one is justified by the law. ....The law is not of faith. ...Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law" (Gal 3:10-13)
Yet he was also inspired to write this: "Do we then make void the law through faith? Certainly not! On the contrary, we establish the law ...therefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy and just and good."( Romans 3:31,7:12 )
Can you identify which of the two laws Paul was referring to in these passages?

Scuba Pete

Yes... BOTH.

The covenant of Grace precludes EVERY LAW. It's why we are free. Now, I can tell you that the Law referred to was written on TABLETS OF STONE, and the only law in the OT that was specifically written on such tablets were the ten commandments.

II Corinthians 3:2 You yourselves are our letter, written on our hearts, known and read by everybody. 3 You show that you are a letter from Christ, the result of our ministry, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts. 4 Such confidence as this is ours through Christ before God. 5 Not that we are competent in ourselves to claim anything for ourselves, but our competence comes from God. 6 He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life. NIV

If you attempt to be justified before God by ANY law, you nulify the covenant of Grace.

d.n.irvin

Yes... BOTH.

The covenant of Grace precludes EVERY LAW. It's why we are free. Now, I can tell you that the Law referred to was written on TABLETS OF STONE, and the only law in the OT that was specifically written on such tablets were the ten commandments.

II Corinthians 3:2 You yourselves are our letter, written on our hearts, known and read by everybody. 3 You show that you are a letter from Christ, the result of our ministry, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts. 4 Such confidence as this is ours through Christ before God. 5 Not that we are competent in ourselves to claim anything for ourselves, but our competence comes from God. 6 He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life. NIV

If you attempt to be justified before God by ANY law, you nulify the covenant of Grace.

There seems to be a misunderstanding of scripture
The Ten Commandment Law of God
  • Gods Law was perfect when he spoke it and He added nothing more to his ten Commandments
  • The Ten Commandments were engraved in stone and called the "two tablets of the testimony."
  • God wrote the Ten commandments(both sets) with His own finger
  • The Ten commandments were placed inside the Ark of the Covenant
The Book of the Law ~The Law of Moses
  • The Law of Moses was written in Moses' own handwriting.
  • The Mosaic Law contained civil laws and ceremonial ordinances.
  • It was written on parchment scroll and called the "Book of the Law" or "Book of the Covenant"
  • It contained curses against those who did not obey the works of the Law of Moses .
  • The Book of the Law was placed on the side of the Ark - as a witness against Israel.
  • The Law of Moses was the Old Covenant contact made with Israel.
  • The Book of the Law embraced the Ten Commandments as the central part of the covenant.
Now that we are armed with accurate information on the Ten Commandment Law of God and the Law of Moses , lets see how this knowledge can help us understand the New testament references to "the law"

Scuba Pete

Dude... you are headed down the path of legalism. Thanks, but no thanks. I don't care how you twist the scriptures, but II Corinthians 3 is WAY CLEAR. Legalism will not get you into heaven: Grace will.