• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why I am a good proof that there is a God

Muffled

Jesus in me
You know that it is possible for someone to simply not believe you, right?

I believe I am quite used to it. I did jail ministry and I had prisoners tell me that i must be crazy to want to do what is right. The proof is in the pudding. They were in jail and didn't want to be. I longed to be in jail so it would be easier to minister but doing right doesn't get you there usually. I did finally manage to get 30 days and two people were saved because of it along with other benefits. It was the right time for the right situation.

joelr

I believe my mind does not play tricks on me. I believe you are saying that because you do not wish to face reality.

I tried to face your reality. You claim to have a communication so I asked for some numbers. Your God would surely know the numbers. But now you say this God said "Who was there" as if it's the guy behind the curtain in the Wizard of Oz? I'm seeing what the reality is. Your mind. I am willing to face reality anytime. I have a 19 digit number written right here. It is from pi. A few others as well.

As for me since I am not getting information from either of you, I am going to guess that you have a secret that at least one other person knows about.

First of all that premise doesn't suggest the conclusion? For example you might not be getting information because you are not in communication with any supernatural entity.
That is a good guess that a psychic would guess, it plays on probabilities, everyone (almost) has some secrets. Unfortunately I'm living a pretty simple life. Actually, no secrets.

I believe I have found that God and Jesus tend to answer questions with questions. They are not the only ones known for doing that but it is characteristic.

God and Jesus are fictional characters in stories.

But again, please ask your supernatural source to have a question for me that will demonstrate that he is real. A question that will convince me it's a real connection.

joelr

I believe Krishna is not an incarnation of God. He follows the incorrect Hindu teachings. It says a spirit can inhabit an animals body. God tells me it can't. It can only inhabit a human's body. We don't have much evidence for spirits even in a human body. The best one was "The Search for Bridey Murphey."
The point is in Hinduism as well people have the same delusions that you have. Krishna speaks to them and they feel it in their heart and so on. Islam as well.

The God concepts in Hinduism are not the same as the Israelite God who was later upgraded in the Middle Ages by theologians adding Platonic concepts of tri-omni and having to move God "beyond space and time (Agustus) because astronomers could see there was no 7 heavens in outer space.

Sheldon

Veteran Member
I believe my mind does not play tricks on me.
Does your mind accept scientific facts, even when they are at odds with cherished beliefs? Like species evolution through natural selection for example, over the Genesis creation myth, or the geological evidence over the Noah flood myth?

Muffled

Jesus in me
I didn't ask if you were used to it. I asked, Do you understand that it is possible for someone to simply not believe you.

I believe all things are possible with God but the fact is you don't know me. I haven't seen you on RF before.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Does your mind accept scientific facts, even when they are at odds with cherished beliefs? Like species evolution through natural selection for example, over the Genesis creation myth, or the geological evidence over the Noah flood myth?

I believe I don't accept science myths even when they are called facts. I am not so easily fooled as some are.

ppp

You know that it is possible for someone to simply not believe you, right?

I believe all things are possible with God
So, then yes.

but the fact is you don't know me.
Sure.

I haven't seen you on RF before.
Okay.

I believe I don't accept science myths even when they are called facts..
So much for "all things are possible with God."

Muffled

Jesus in me

I believe I trust what the omniscient God says compared to what sinful men with limited knowledge say.

ppp

I believe the scientists are not usually with God.
And yet you surround yourself with all of their fruits. In your home. On your skin. In your mouth. On your face. Don't you feel like taking a shower? On no you can't....because science is the Boogeyman

Muffled

Jesus in me
And yet you surround yourself with all of their fruits. In your home. On your skin. In your mouth. On your face. Don't you feel like taking a shower? On no you can't....because science is the Boogeyman

I believe I can manage to do those things on my own without God's help.

I believe the bogeyman is a fantasy. Science is neither omniscient nor omnipotent.

lukethethird

unknown member
You have a belief, no proof is required nor do you have any, you just have a belief.

Muffled

Jesus in me
You have a belief, no proof is required nor do you have any, you just have a belief.

I believe I have experience. As Job said:
Job 42:5 I had heard of you by the hearing of the ear,
but now my eye sees you;

ppp

I believe I have seen people write as though science could never be wrong about anything but history reveals otherwise.
That is just something that people who lack an adequate grasp of science think they hear. If you had given it the least bit of thought you would realize that the most lauded and admired discoveries among scientists are the theories that have overturned or superceded previous theories. It is that ability to incorporate new data and revise a position that makes science so valuable.

Sheldon

Veteran Member
I believe I don't accept science myths even when they are called facts. I am not so easily fooled as some are.

I see, so you believe in religious myths over scientific facts, the pretend and try to misrepresent scientific facts as myths. That's a bit silly though, since anyone who has even a basic grasp of science and its methods, will know you're being dishonest, since a myth is defined as "a traditional story, especially one concerning the early history of a people or explaining a natural or social phenomenon, and typically involving supernatural beings or events," and that doesn't remotely define scientific facts like species evolution, you're fooling no one. In fact it is hard to believe you're even able to fool yourself, as all you'd need to do, to disavow yourself is look in a dictionary.