• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why I don't accept Christian or Muslim Faith

firedragon

Veteran Member
Nope, I agree that's more or less my reasoning too. That, and those are some pretty wack Gods yo.

But I couldn't figure out how else to flip the "reasons I don't agree with Baha'i faith" thread.
So your "sufficient reasoning" is "I just prefer my path"? That's "sufficient reasoning"?

firedragon

Veteran Member
Yeah

It needn't anything else imo. Is it giving that person the spiritual benefits they are searching for/need? If so, it's right for them.

You disagree?
Well that maybe your subjective truth. I prefer trying to reach an objective truth. So for me "I prefer this so it's the objective truth" is a contradictory and absurd epistemic stance.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
Well that maybe your subjective truth. I prefer trying to reach an objective truth.
You don't get to determine what is or is not subjective. Vs objective about my faith. Just like I wouldn't yours. Thanks for playing.
So for me "I prefer this so it's the objective truth" is a contradictory and absurd epistemic stance.
What I believe is AN objective truth, as there is no single Truth.

Again. Thanks for playing.

Edited for spelling

firedragon

Veteran Member
You don't get to determine what is or is not subjective.
That's true. No one get's to determine it. But it's fact when someone says something like "this is what I like so it's got to be true".

What I believe is AN objective truth, as there is no single Truth.
Not true whatsoever. For an objective truth, you have to prove it's objective. You are saying it's subjective in other words but are claiming it's objective. That's a contradiction.

Anyway brother, I will withdraw from this conversation because it's gonna be circular. Have a great day.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
If you don't care, it's absolutely your prerogative.
Yeah it is. Glad you noticed.

Like I said, if that's the game you want to play (philosophical objectivism), there are players here such as Mikkel.

I'm not going to expense my energy on a pursuit that serves no purpose.

Good day.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Sufficient reasoning I suppose. I actually just prefer my path over any other. That's my main reason for not being Christian or Muslim or Hindu or Sikh or ......
I believe there is one path (way) that leads to eternal life and all the other paths lead to Hell.

Muffled

Jesus in me
My biggest actual gripe with Christianity is the hypocrisy, and claiming only One god as True. When they All are.
I believe there is no hypocrisy.

I believe if one is speaking of the only God with omnipotence then that is YHVH. All the other gods only have limited power.

Muffled

Jesus in me
I don't feel called to him, either.

I'm also unable to put him to any elevated status as sometimes seems expected in this culture. I see him as just one of many...
How many gods do you know of who have died on a cross? Most of the mythical gods treat people like dirt.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
How many gods do you know of who have died on a cross? Most of the mythical gods treat people like dirt.
"Gods who have been depicted as dying on a cross include:

Thulis of Egypt

Krishna of India

Crite of Chaldea

Atys of Phrygia

Thammuz or Tammuz of Syria

Hesus or Eros

Bali of Orissa

Indra of Thibet

Iao of Nepaul

Buddha Sakia (Muni)
of India

Mitra (Mithra) of Persia, 600 B.C.

Alcestos of Euripides, 600 B.C.

Quezalcoatl of Mexico, 587 B.C.

Wittoba of the Bilingonese, 552 B.C.[11]

Prometheus or Æschylus of Caucasus, 547 B.C.

Quirinus of Rome, 506 B.C "

Edit:
Other holy figures who took the form of men and then ascended into heaven, including:

Salivahana of Bermuda

Zulis or Zhule of Egypt[12]

Osiris of Egypt

Oru of Egypt

Odin of the Scandinavians

Zoroaster of Persia

Baal of Phoenicia

Taut, "the only Begotten of God" of Phoenicia, inventor of letters[13]

Bali of Afghanistan

Xamolxis (Zalmoxis) of Thrace

Zoar of the Bonzes

Adad of Assyria

Deva Tat of Siam (Thailand)

Sammonocadam (Sommona-Codom) of Siam (Thailand)[14]

Alcides of Thebes

Mikado of the Sintoos

Beddru of Japan

Bremrillah of the Druids[15]

Thor son of Odin of the Gauls/Norse

Cadmus of Greece

Hil/Feta of the Mandaites[16]

Gentaut of Mexico[17]

Universal Monarch of the Sibyls

Ischy of Formosa (Taiwan)[18]

Divine Teacher of Plato

Holy One of Xaca[19]

(Fohi) of China

Tien of China

Adonis son of the virgin Io of Greece

Ixion of Rome

Mohamud or Mahomet of Arabia

Last edited:

JustGeorge

Out of Order
Staff member
Premium Member
Well, zero, I believe. I also don't believe in the divinity of Jesus; just a guy in my belief. So, none.

There are some cruel deities(it could be argued that pieces of Old Testament could be seen as cruel). There are also some loving and benevolent ones.

How many deities outside of your own paradigm do you know?

ETA: I see @The Hammer knows some! :D

firedragon

Veteran Member
There are some cruel deities(it could be argued that pieces of Old Testament could be seen as cruel). There are also some loving and benevolent ones.

How many deities outside of your own paradigm do you know?
This is the epitome of whataboutary.

Rather than engaging in whataboutary, who don't you ask for specific evidence(s)?