• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why I don't accept Christian or Muslim Faith

Muffled

Jesus in me
Then I believe you aren't reading the passage correctly. God is in you.
I believe you are not comprehending what I am saying and yes God is in me as an abiding Spirit as opposed to being in me as a present Spirit and that is because I asked Him to be my Lord and Savior.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
I believe you are not comprehending what I am saying and yes God is in me as an abiding Spirit as opposed to being in me as a present Spirit and that is because I asked Him to be my Lord and Savior.

FB_IMG_1712799656174.jpg

Stonetree

Abducted Member
Premium Member
... if you find out. The tricky thing is, if there is something that happens there is sometimes "I didn't know I wasn't supposed to..." or "why didn't you warn me not to do that???"

both of those have happened here.

I could tell a story right now, but, I'd better not.
Perhaps an example would be, "Don't answer the front door for anyone until I return home"...

Stonetree

Abducted Member
Premium Member
I don't believe this God, or Satan, exists. But if we look at this symbolically where God is goodness and Satan is the darker side of being human, I suggest those who are on a darker path don't realize it. They think they are good and just don't know any better. The dogmas of the various religions, Christianity and Islam. does little to set believers on a good path. These dogmas allow anyone to believe and act any way they please and think they are ding God's will. Suicide bombers think they are righteous as they kill innocent people. The advantage of being an athesit is not being confused by dogmas, and having to be the self's own moral arbiter.

See, this is the sort of drama I'm so happy to avoid being an atheist.
I'd guess, all humans, whether Atheist or Theist in this comparison, are confused at times when considering what path to follow when tempted to cross certain established ethical or moral boundaries.

F1fan

Veteran Member
I'd guess, all humans, whether Atheist or Theist in this comparison, are confused at times when considering what path to follow when tempted to cross certain established ethical or moral boundaries.
Right, humans evolved as social and triable animals, and as our brains got larger the complexity of social norms, ritual, symbolisms, etc. increased. We are often faced with contrary options and we have to reconcile the differences, and what is in the best interest of the self and survival. Ignorance and low emotional intelligence can lead citizens to follow bad leadership and social norms to become immoral. Look at how the end of slavery brought many men in the South to form KKK organizations that terrified black citizens, all while Christian. Look at how good Lutherans and Catholics were caught up in the criminal acts of the Nazies. Look at how conservative citizens in the USA have been whipped up into a frenzie by Trump's false claims about election fraud and other lies. These folks are following social impulses without thinkinng through their own moral sense, character, duty to others, etc.

joelr

I believe that means you just don't have the right information or you choose to ignore it.
I think it's you who are ignoring information.

"A fragment of ancient poetry in the book of Deuteronomy not only locates Yahweh within a pantheon, but also reveals exactly who his father was. It describes the separation of humans into distinct groups (peoples or nations), and explains why each group was allocated a particular deity to act as it's special patron. But the deity supervising this division of divine labour is not Yahweh, but Elyon - a title of El reflecting his role as the "most high " god of the pantheon.

When Elyon (most high) apportioned the nations,
when he divided humankind,
he fixed the boundaries of the peoples
according to the number of the divine sons;
for Yahweh's portion was his people,
Jacob (Israel) his allotted share.

Here, Yahweh appears as just one among El's many divine children. Other ancient pieces of poetry in teh Hebrew Bible tell us somethingof Yahweh's early career. They too employ mythic motifs that run against the theological preferences of later biblical writers and editors, suggesting that they reflect older traditions about the earliest history of the biblical God.
Far from portraying Yahweh as the supreme king and creator of teh cosmos, they present him instead as a minor but ferocious storm deity, at the margins of the inhabited world, in an ancient place variously known as Seir, Paran and Teman - cast in the Bible as a dangerous, mountainous wilderness, seemingly located south of the Negev desert, beyond the Dead Sea, in what used to be called Edom and is now southern Jordon.

Readers of the Bible might be surprised by this brief historical overview of Yahweh's early career. After all the ancient editorial voices dominating the biblical portrayal of the past insist on a competing, alternate story, in which it is claimed that, from the beginning, God was oly ever a solitary, unchanging deity, devoid of divine colleagues; a universal being in exclusive command of the cosmos, it's course and it's creatures. But this story is a product of a later theological worldview - and it's narrative of religious history is unreliable. The text that form the Bible were never intended to be a coherent account of the past, and they do not agree on either the central features or the smaller details of the religious landscape they present..........

...the Bible comprises a diverse collection of material, crafted and reworked over time with the force and flux of competing ideologies.
By exploring the body of this ancient deity as his worshippers imagined him, we can access their world. We can meet the real God of the Bible.
Sections:
Feet and Legs
Genitals
Torso
Arms and Hands
Head

Hebrew Bible Professor F. Stavrakopoulou, God: An Anatomy

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

Please tell us the Methodology which one followed and which is correct and if followed one gets to Truth.
With the truthful/correct Methodology one gets to:

14:25 Dost thou not see how Allah sets forth the similitude of a good word? It is like a good tree, whose root is firm and whose branches reach into heaven. Holy Quran: Read, Listen and Search
Right?

Regards
14:25 اَلَمۡ تَرَ کَیۡفَ ضَرَبَ اللّٰہُ مَثَلًا کَلِمَۃً طَیِّبَۃً کَشَجَرَۃٍ طَیِّبَۃٍ اَصۡلُہَا ثَابِتٌ وَّفَرۡعُہَا فِی السَّمَآءِ ﴿ۙ۲۵

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member

Please tell us the Methodology which one followed and which is correct and if followed one gets to Truth.
With the truthful/correct Methodology one gets to:
By definition fallible humans cannot claim to know a singular "Truth" in terms of subjective religious beliefs We can at best seek knowledge. There are far too many claims of :Truth" in the many many contradictory claims.

The methodology should be as independent of the belief in any one religion particularly the one was raised in..
14:25 Dost thou not see how Allah sets forth the similitude of a good word? It is like a good tree, whose root is firm and whose branches reach into heaven. Holy Quran: Read, Listen and Search
Right?

Regards
14:25 اَلَمۡ تَرَ کَیۡفَ ضَرَبَ اللّٰہُ مَثَلًا کَلِمَۃً طَیِّبَۃً کَشَجَرَۃٍ طَیِّبَۃٍ اَصۡلُہَا ثَابِتٌ وَّفَرۡعُہَا فِی السَّمَآءِ ﴿ۙ۲۵
The problem the religions and beliefs of the world was once like a vast forest where today people cut down more trees than they plant.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I think it's you who are ignoring information.

"A fragment of ancient poetry in the book of Deuteronomy not only locates Yahweh within a pantheon, but also reveals exactly who his father was. It describes the separation of humans into distinct groups (peoples or nations), and explains why each group was allocated a particular deity to act as it's special patron. But the deity supervising this division of divine labour is not Yahweh, but Elyon - a title of El reflecting his role as the "most high " god of the pantheon.

When Elyon (most high) apportioned the nations,
when he divided humankind,
he fixed the boundaries of the peoples
according to the number of the divine sons;
for Yahweh's portion was his people,
Jacob (Israel) his allotted share.

Here, Yahweh appears as just one among El's many divine children. Other ancient pieces of poetry in teh Hebrew Bible tell us somethingof Yahweh's early career. They too employ mythic motifs that run against the theological preferences of later biblical writers and editors, suggesting that they reflect older traditions about the earliest history of the biblical God.
Far from portraying Yahweh as the supreme king and creator of teh cosmos, they present him instead as a minor but ferocious storm deity, at the margins of the inhabited world, in an ancient place variously known as Seir, Paran and Teman - cast in the Bible as a dangerous, mountainous wilderness, seemingly located south of the Negev desert, beyond the Dead Sea, in what used to be called Edom and is now southern Jordon.

Readers of the Bible might be surprised by this brief historical overview of Yahweh's early career. After all the ancient editorial voices dominating the biblical portrayal of the past insist on a competing, alternate story, in which it is claimed that, from the beginning, God was oly ever a solitary, unchanging deity, devoid of divine colleagues; a universal being in exclusive command of the cosmos, it's course and it's creatures. But this story is a product of a later theological worldview - and it's narrative of religious history is unreliable. The text that form the Bible were never intended to be a coherent account of the past, and they do not agree on either the central features or the smaller details of the religious landscape they present..........

...the Bible comprises a diverse collection of material, crafted and reworked over time with the force and flux of competing ideologies.
By exploring the body of this ancient deity as his worshippers imagined him, we can access their world. We can meet the real God of the Bible.
Sections:
Feet and Legs
Genitals
Torso
Arms and Hands
Head

Hebrew Bible Professor F. Stavrakopoulou, God: An Anatomy
Mythology describes the conflicting ancient, beliefs not the reality of the evolution of the diversity of humanity.