• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why insult?

leibowde84

Veteran Member

Hello.....
1. The two terrorists were not ISIS, but Al Quaeda.
2. They trained in Yemen, not Syria.

The French Government was very bad, in my opinion, for allowing the insults to continue for ten years. In my opinion it continues to be very bad in allowing insults and indecencies to continue after this tragedy.
Not many British medias have copied all this, and the BBC refuses to show copies of insults.
Why are insults such a big deal? Can't you just ignore what you find offensive? it was a cartoon for crying out loud. Please explain to me how its okay to get that upset I've had a freaking drawing.

leibowde84

Veteran Member

Hello.....
1. The two terrorists were not ISIS, but Al Quaeda.
2. They trained in Yemen, not Syria.

The French Government was very bad, in my opinion, for allowing the insults to continue for ten years. In my opinion it continues to be very bad in allowing insults and indecencies to continue after this tragedy.
Not many British medias have copied all this, and the BBC refuses to show copies of insults.
explain why you think that ideas should be off limits to criticism and insults. Religious beliefs are merely ideas that many people have. But I cannot understand why anyone would think that they should be impenetrable to insult and ridicule. It seems like everything else is fair game, yet Islam demands special treatment. Can you please explain this to me, because I do not feel the same way about my religion. I would never get angry or upset about someone making fun of Christianity. I am comfortable enough with my faith to not let it bother me. So why does it bother you?

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Why are insults such a big deal? Can't you just ignore what you find offensive? it was a cartoon for crying out loud. Please explain to me how its okay to get that upset I've had a freaking drawing.

Well, the Pope seems to agree with me above indecent, hateful, spiteful, nasty insults..... so what would you say to him about this?

leibowde84

Veteran Member
That he's wrong. He's wrong about a lot of stuff, but it's not a big deal he's just like every other Pope. I do applaud him for trying to shake up the hierarchy. What's your point?

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
explain why you think that ideas should be off limits to criticism and insults.
Criticism is good. Insult is unnecessary.
We should be communicating fro a standard.
If you believe what you say, then our schools should allow our children to use ridicule, insult and nastiness in their communications, but of course, we would find that unacceptable.
This double standard is just that........
I would never get angry or upset about someone making fun of Christianity. I am comfortable enough with my faith to not let it bother me. So why does it bother you?
.... so we've all got to follow your ideas about no decency and no manners?

I'm sure that if folks knew you well enough, that they would find the 'button' that upsets you. Then they could use it. This is a form of bullying. Are you a bully? Were you, at school? Did you like upsetting people?

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Criticism is good. Insult is unnecessary.
We should be communicating fro a standard.
If you believe what you say, then our schools should allow our children to use ridicule, insult and nastiness in their communications, but of course, we would find that unacceptable.
This double standard is just that........

.... so we've all got to follow your ideas about no decency and no manners?

I'm sure that if folks knew you well enough, that they would find the 'button' that upsets you. Then they could use it. This is a form of bullying. Are you a bully? Were you, at school? Did you like upsetting people?
you are crazy. I never said anything about rudeness or indecency. I found the cartoons to be extremely offensive, I am merely saying that there is value in protecting the legal right to publish material like that. I have never said that I liked it.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
I hope you don't teach our children.
you certainly did a great job of pointing out the difference between personal insults and insults against ideas. I feel like I have the right to get angry at you for making it personal, but I'm better than that. Have a good night. God bless.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
condescending and petty much? You need to read your Bible buddy. The meek inherit the earth not the cocky.

Which are you? Meek or cocky?
How can your ridicule, insults, nastiness and hurt be classed as meekness?
I like you....... you make me laugh. :p

leibowde84

Veteran Member
We are all kids.
Ask any pro psychologist.
There are two age groups, 5 and 8.
In reality all folks are 5, it's just that the 8 yr olds are 5 as well, but think that they are more clever.
Which are you? 5... or 8? :p
what the hell are you talking about? 10 makes absolutely no sense. You didn't even explain the difference between five and eight. Good try though.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
you certainly did a great job of pointing out the difference between personal insults and insults against ideas. I feel like I have the right to get angry at you for making it personal, but I'm better than that. Have a good night. God bless.
Good night. God bless to you as well.
It's morning here..... I must go out, now.

Smart_Guy

Premium Member

Well, they did make their decision. The problem is, I don't understand why they value this portion of freedom of speech over the lives of the innocent? They know very will it will risk so many lives!

And also, isn't media already the plural of medium? Why do you say medias? Just kidding. Way to change subject, eh? :D