• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why is homosexuality a sin

Status
Not open for further replies.

worshiper

Picker of Nose
i'd like to place my opinion on people who claims homosexuality (among men) is not a choice. we cant deny the fact that there are people born with more female hormones and stuff. but most homosexual men are more masculine than i am. they are practically a furballs (not frubals LOL). i think homosexual is a choice after all.

same goes with women, sure high testosterone level in a woman makes her clitoris big. but thats just about it. it doesnt make her homosexual. and most homosexual women are hot! few are like tomboys.

i guess why homosexual is a sin is because of that choice. god gave guidelines on how sex interactions are only between genders. us human who are given free chose to sexually interact with the same gender hence breaking rules set by god.

but who doesn't believe in god, i guess the explanation above is irrelevant.

Panda

42?
Premium Member
I'd like to place my opinion on people who claims homosexuality (among men) is not a choice. we cant deny the fact that there are people born with more female hormones and stuff. but most homosexual men are more masculine than i am. they are practically a furballs (not frubals LOL). i think homosexual is a choice after all.

same goes with women, sure high testosterone level in a woman makes her clitoris big. but thats just about it. it doesnt make her homosexual. and most homosexual women are hot! few are like tomboys.

i guess why homosexual is a sin is because of that choice. god gave guidelines on how sex interactions are only between genders. us human who are given free chose to sexually interact with the same gender hence breaking rules set by god.

I'm sorry but it isn't a choice. I can not choose who I am attracted to. Just like how two different men won't be attracted to the same woman. Who we are attracted to isn't really a choice. Not meaning to be rude or anything but your argument is totally flawed and a load of crap

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Homosexuality is a sin because it's yucky. yucky Yucky YUCKY! Whenever I see a homosexual couple kiss, I run screaming and yelling in the opposite direction like a little boy. That's how yucky it is!

Nanda

Polyanna
Homosexuality is a sin because it's yucky. yucky Yucky YUCKY! Whenever I see a homosexual couple kiss, I run screaming and yelling in the opposite direction like a little boy. That's how yucky it is!

*gives Sunstone cooties*

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
i'd like to place my opinion on people who claims homosexuality (among men) is not a choice. we cant deny the fact that there are people born with more female hormones and stuff. but most homosexual men are more masculine than i am. they are practically a furballs (not frubals LOL). i think homosexual is a choice after all.

The question of choice is irrelevant. I think it's obvious that no one can choose their preferences and everyone can choose their behavior. The question is not to what extent homosexual preference is inborn, the question is whether acting on that preference is sinful.

Sin is a religious concept. It is not related to morality, but to whether the behavior is proscribed by that religion. For example, trimming your beard is not immoral, but is/was a sin according to OT.

So, is male homosexuality a sin? Not clear, depends on your translation of certain Greek and Hebrew words, and how you interpret those words in context of the history and customs of the time. Female homosexuality? Clearly not. It is simply not prohibited, therefore not a sin. That's reality.

kmkemp

I'm sorry but it isn't a choice. I can not choose who I am attracted to. Just like how two different men won't be attracted to the same woman. Who we are attracted to isn't really a choice. Not meaning to be rude or anything but your argument is totally flawed and a load of crap

We don't choose who we are attracted to, but the culture that we associate with in large part determines it for us.

Nanda

Polyanna
We don't choose who we are attracted to, but the culture that we associate with in large part determines it for us.

Then please explain FA's (Fat Admirers) in a society that prizes boyish, stick-thin bodies as the ideal.

Understanding that homosexuality is not natural (Rom 1:26), we can understand the nature of being "born gay." I doubt that anyone is actualy born gay, and that a majority of homosexuality is caused by female hormones being in males. Such an excuse bares no evidence. (like you said).

However there are many people born with mental problems, medical problems, and psycological problems, and we have medicines and different ways of helping those people. No one is born Heterosexual, it's just natural. No one is born homosexual, it's just picked up in life and I'm sure with the help of the Holy Spirit such a demon can be be rid of.

rocka21

Brother Rock

i am sorry, i am attracted to my Grandmaw, i can't help who i am attracted to. sorry society and God. deal with it. its not my choice!:sad4:

now replace grandmaw with

goat
dog
aunt
mother
cricket

Smoke

Done here.
i am sorry, i am attracted to my Grandmaw, i can't help who i am attracted to. sorry society and God. deal with it. its not my choice!:sad4:

goat
dog
aunt
mother
cricket
Typical Christian crap. "Homosexuality = incest = bestiality, because everything I don't approve of is the same." Grow the **** up.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
Yəhošafat;881160 said:
Understanding that homosexuality is not natural (Rom 1:26), we can understand the nature of being "born gay." I doubt that anyone is actualy born gay, and that a majority of homosexuality is caused by female hormones being in males. Such an excuse bares no evidence. (like you said).

However there are many people born with mental problems, medical problems, and psycological problems, and we have medicines and different ways of helping those people. No one is born Heterosexual, it's just natural. No one is born homosexual, it's just picked up in life and I'm sure with the help of the Holy Spirit such a demon can be be rid of.

Do you have a shred, an iota, a peppercorn of evidence to support this interesting bit of fluff you just pulled off the back of your pants?

Aasimar

Atheist
Let's pretend for a second that homosexuality is merely a choice, no genetic factors invovled. So a person decides, I'm a man, I like men. I'm gonna have sex with men! He then goes and has crazy homosexual sex with another man in the privacy of his own home. This harms you how?

UnTheist

Yəhošafat;881160 said:
Understanding that homosexuality is not natural
False

Yəhošafat;881160 said:
No evidence for your claims.

Nanda

Polyanna

goat
dog
aunt
mother
cricket
Typical Christian crap. "Homosexuality = incest = bestiality, because everything I don't approve of is the same." Grow the **** up.

I couldn't agree more, MidnightBlue. That said, rocka, if you and granny, the goat, the dog, your aunt, your mother and the cricket are all consenting, I honestly don't give a crap. It's none of my business where you choose to stick your penis.

rocka21

Brother Rock
I couldn't agree more, MidnightBlue. That said, rocka, if you and granny, the goat, the dog, your aunt, your mother and the cricket are all consenting, I honestly don't give a crap. It's none of my business where you choose to stick your penis.

but the thread is, is it a " sin"?

not, is it any of your business?

rocka21

Brother Rock

7The nakedness of thy father, or the nakedness of thy mother, shalt thou not uncover: she is thy mother; thou shalt not uncover her nakedness.
8The nakedness of thy father's wife shalt thou not uncover: it is thy father's nakedness.
9The nakedness of thy sister, the daughter of thy father, or daughter of thy mother, whether she be born at home, or born abroad, even their nakedness thou shalt not uncover.
10The nakedness of thy son's daughter, or of thy daughter's daughter, even their nakedness thou shalt not uncover: for theirs is thine own nakedness.
11The nakedness of thy father's wife's daughter, begotten of thy father, she is thy sister, thou shalt not uncover her nakedness.
12Thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of thy father's sister: she is thy father's near kinswoman.
13Thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of thy mother's sister: for she is thy mother's near kinswoman.
14Thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of thy father's brother, thou shalt not approach to his wife: she is thine aunt.
15Thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of thy daughter in law: she is thy son's wife; thou shalt not uncover her nakedness.
16Thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of thy brother's wife: it is thy brother's nakedness.
17Thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of a woman and her daughter, neither shalt thou take her son's daughter, or her daughter's daughter, to uncover her nakedness; for they are her near kinswomen: it is wickedness.
18Neither shalt thou take a wife to her sister, to vex her, to uncover her nakedness, beside the other in her life time.
19Also thou shalt not approach unto a woman to uncover her nakedness, as long as she is put apart for her uncleanness.
20Moreover thou shalt not lie carnally with thy neighbour's wife, to defile thyself with her.
21And thou shalt not let any of thy seed pass through the fire to Molech, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD.
22Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination. 23Neither shalt thou lie with any beast to defile thyself therewith: neither shall any woman stand before a beast to lie down thereto: it is confusion.

does it not all seem in the same "flow" here?

you get so upset when i compare it to incest or bestiality, but it seems to me they were all mentioed in the same "vain" or "flow" with the text.

don't screw your kin
don't screw same sex
don't screw a beast

just because you " pick " one out , and say its not " sin" anymore is not my problem.

Smoke

Done here.
you get so upset when i compare it to incest or bestiality, but it seems to me they were all mentioed in the same "vain" or "flow" with the text.
Were you under the impression that I thought the author of Leviticus was more reasonable than you are?

Status
Not open for further replies.