• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Islam, Christianity and modern Judaism are all apostate religious institutions.

Simplelogic

There is no prohibition against making logical assumptions about the text. The prohibition is against adding or taking away commandments which is what your Rabbi's are doing.
Weren't you the one who was just making the assumption regarding the Sabbath and Adam. There, YOU are adding to the text. You are as guilty of making assumptions and adding as those you say are doing this and are so completely wrong or indoctrinated. [/QUOTE]
Ummm…If God said He "hallowed the Sabbath" in the garden then is it not illogical to conclude Adam knew about it. I am not stating it as fact though, nor am I making a new command by my interpretation. ;)

Last edited:

Simplelogic

Also, you might want to check the Mishnah. It confirms that Abraham and Jacob were both keeping the requirements of Sabbath. Ouch.

rosends

I'm not the one telling all other Jews to keep Torah "just like me". Your lunatic Rabbi's are doing that. Nice tactic though. Accuse me of doing the very sin they are committing. Pretty smart.
Actually, they aren't doing that. That just shows more ignorance for you. But if that's what you like to think, go with it. It works for you.

Simplelogic

Assumption is just that, assumption. It is what you think it is and nothing more which proves nothing.
4. Torah example of marriage/adultery laws being observed before Sinai:

Bere**** (Genesis) 39:7-9 And after a while his master's wife took notice of Joseph and said, "Come to bed with me!" But he refused. "With me in charge," he told her, "my master does not concern himself with anything in the house; everything he owns he has entrusted to my care. No one is greater in this house than I am. My master has withheld nothing from me except you, because you are his wife. How then could I do such a wicked thing and sin against God?"

So yeah….its not an "assumption".

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
Even if the Quran agreed with Torah 70 or 90% it would still be false. The Torah does not prohibit adding to or taking away. But the differences in the Torah and Quran are NUMEROUS. I can list them all out if you really want me to.

that's your opinion , we too see some verses of Torah are highly false.

let us see the list difference :

Simplelogic

that's your opinion , we too see some verses of Torah are highly false.

let us see the list difference :
Also, the fact that you consider parts of the Torah (which clearly precedes your laws) false means you have rejected the Torah. Deut 12:32 and Deut 4:2. This also means your prophet is false according to Torah law (see Deut 13).

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Christians- Are you willing to admit that you are polytheist idol worshippers who reject God's Torah because of Paul?
It's pointless to argue Christian theology or doctrine with you because either you 1) CLEARLY doesn't grasp either or 2) are simply posting vitriol here to get off on the reactions of others.

Akivah

for my opinion , not most of Torah teaches we disagree .

for my opinion more than 70% or maybe 90% Torah and Quran match in teaches .

What are Torah teaches are against Quran teaches ?

Is your belief common among Muslims? A while ago, I was talking to a Muslim who was claiming that parts of the Torah were corrupted. When I asked him what parts of Torah did he believe were uncorrupted, he quoted me a single sentence in Deut. that he said remained free from corruption. You saying 70-90% is uncorrupted is far different.

JoStories

I never said I didn't read Talmud. I simply don't place it at the same level of authority as you do. Rabbi's don't get to make laws.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but then neither do you get to make the laws and can only offer your views and opinions of such. And since you are not Jewish, I doubt the Jewish people here would take your word for it. I may be mistaken and if so, to all the Jewish people here, I mean no offense, but I sure wouldn't take his word.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
They all believe that the law of Moses was divinely given by God.
Xy doesn't necessarily believe that.
Ironically, none of these religious institutions believe in exclusively following this law.
Xy embodies the Law, therefore, following such Law would be anathema.
Christianity- Follow's Paul, a man who came and taught people that Jesus' death replaced the need to obey God's original commandments.
Except that's not How It Works.

Your premise is flawed.

Akivah

see post 214 and 215

I have shown that the Rabbi's themselves teach that their interpretation is above the prophets and God Himself. I have also shown them twist the Torah in order to create such logic. Remarkably, not one person has even given a logical defense for such statements. Its as if you don't really care that the Rabbi's believe this about themselves. That to me is startling.

You're startled because you're ignorant about Judaism. I know about that teaching. So what? G-d gave His stamp of approval to it. The Torah that G-d gave to us, explained that our learned judges and sages are to resolve matters of law. That you don't like their rulings is irrelevant. And I don't appreciate you calling our rabbis names. Insults never elevate a speaker's position, and only reflect back onto yourself.

Also, our judges and sages are above prophets in matters of law. Prophets in Judaism are not necessarily learned people. They simply speak G-d's words to their generation, warning the populace when they are straying. Matter-of-fact, it is when an alleged prophet starts making new interpretations, that the alleged prophet proves themselves to be a false prophet.

JoStories

Show where it says in Torah that God gave Adam Shabbat and told him to follow it? The first mention of Shabbat doesn't show up until Exodus.
We've asked him that Metis but his answer is that it's his assumption that Adam would have followed what God did and therefore, it's law. Go figure.

catch22

Do you really want to get into it? Christianity is much easier to expose then Rabbinic Judaism. Where should we start?

I think Metis and Rosends have taught me an important lesson in this thread. No matter how many times people run circles around you, your ears are plugged and you continue to chant the same things.

The threads where you were dissected piece by piece is convincing enough for me. So sure, I don't back down from challenges, but it really seems a waste of time. That said, you're the one making accusations, so why not disprove Christianity for me and we go from there? You're pounding your chest at me, so say something already.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Sorry if you don't like it. I am blunt with people who defend bs religious institutions that claim to descend from the God of Abraham. I have responded to every other opinion that has been put forward on this thread. Don't like it then go somewhere else. I have have little respect for humans that defend sinister institutions that control people's minds.

You don't have the right to tell members to leave just because they disagree with you. The forum welcomes all members regardless of their views.

JoStories

I think Metis and Rosends have taught me an important lesson in this thread. No matter how many times people run circles around you, your ears are plugged and you continue to chant the same things.

The threads where you were dissected piece by piece is convincing enough for me. So sure, I don't back down from challenges, but it really seems a waste of time. That said, you're the one making accusations, so why not disprove Christianity for me and we go from there? You're pounding your chest at me, so say something already.
You and I rarely agree Catch but this time we do. I find no reason to engage a person who only likes the sound of their own voice and is clearly not interested in honest and open discussion. I'm done.

Simplelogic

You're startled because you're ignorant about Judaism. I know about that teaching. So what? G-d gave His stamp of approval to it. The Torah that G-d gave to us, explained that our learned judges and sages are to resolve matters of law. That you don't like their rulings is irrelevant. And I don't appreciate you calling our rabbis names. Insults never elevate a speaker's position, and only reflect back onto yourself.

Also, our judges and sages are above prophets in matters of law. Prophets in Judaism are not necessarily learned people. They simply speak G-d's words to their generation, warning the populace when they are straying. Matter-of-fact, it is when an alleged prophet starts making new interpretations, that the alleged prophet proves themselves to be a false prophet.
Yes…i know, they are above reproach. You are making my point.