• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Jews don't believe in Jesus

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
They are not legal rights, they are the natural rights described by Blackstone eg the natural right to life.
OK, but the courts of each land may proclaim different rights. So may I ask what you're talking about regarding legal rights? What legal rights?

YoursTrue

Habakkuk 2:5, Zechariah 11:15, James 2:20
I'd just like to start with Habakkuk 2:5 if possible. It says, "indeed, wine betrays him; he is arrogant and never at rest. Because he is as greedy as the grave and like death is never satisfied, he gathers to himself all the nations and takes captive all the peoples." How are you applying this to Paul?

Ebionite

Are you saying there is no nation on earth set up by men that will address the issue of natural rights?
No, it is a religious issue associated with the state. The people of any nation can though.
What's a natural right, anyway?
According to Blackstone it is a right that originates with deity and/or nature. Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness are some well known examples.

YoursTrue

No, it is a religious issue associated with the state. The people of any nation can though.

According to Blackstone it is a right that originates with deity and/or nature. Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness are some well known examples.
Only God can ensure those concepts may be accomplished. And even they are not limitless.

Ebionite

I'd just like to start with Habakkuk 2:5 if possible. It says, "indeed, wine betrays him; he is arrogant and never at rest. Because he is as greedy as the grave and like death is never satisfied, he gathers to himself all the nations and takes captive all the peoples." How are you applying this to Paul?
Paul refers to verse four

Rom 1:17 - For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Unchecked Copy Box
Hab 2:4 - Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith:

Raised/lifted up in Zechariah 11:16

Unchecked Copy Box
Hab 2:5 - Yea also, because he transgresseth by wine, he is a proud man, neither keepeth at home, who enlargeth his desire as hell, and is as death, and cannot be satisfied, but gathereth unto him all nations, and heapeth unto him all people:

Transgress by wine relates to Paul's communion. Paul is proud - he says that he is not whit below the chief apostles. Paul travelled extensively, and attempted to gain converts from the nations.

Paul as death:

Unchecked Copy Box
Rom 6:3 - Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

Jimmy

Veteran Member
Well not reasonably enough because you're ignoring my direct answer to this nonsense over and over. I just stated we aren't allowed to charge interest on the poor nor charge anything burdensome.

So what? You charge a tax on Christians and Jews that Muslims are not required to pay regardless of if they're "in the security forces". You're such a freakin' hypocrite and totally lack self awareness.

Ah now we're getting to what you're really trying to say. Jews are oppressors and probably some banking/usury conspiracy theory. Dude, we've been attacked for this nonsense so long we pick up on it instantly. I'm not interested in your antisemitism or grievances with Judaism. I hold Islam in pretty high contempt myself, but live and let live I guess.

Islam teaches that The Torah and the Christian bible are corrupted, which it has to because the Quran contradicts them in significant ways. Apparently Allah was unable to preserve his prior revelations but somehow exerted the effort for the Quran. What a load of nonsense.

I don't care one iota what you think of Jews or Judaism, nor do I think the Quran and Islam is worth jack squat. You're wasting your time.
Islam, Judaism, Christianity and the rest of em…they all have their shortcomings. If you’re going by the book 100% in life, you’re doing it wrong imo.

Last edited:

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
Besides Lazarus, who did Jesus reputedly raise from the dead?
Just one other:
  • Mark 5:21-43
    Jesus is approached by people from Jairus's house who tell him that his daughter is dead. Jesus tells Jairus not to be afraid and to believe, and then goes to the house and says, "Why all this commotion and wailing? The child is not dead but asleep". Jesus then takes the girl by the hand and says talitha cumi, and she immediately gets up and starts walking.

YoursTrue

Paul refers to verse four

Rom 1:17 - For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Unchecked Copy Box
Hab 2:4 - Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith:

Raised/lifted up in Zechariah 11:16

Unchecked Copy Box
Hab 2:5 - Yea also, because he transgresseth by wine, he is a proud man, neither keepeth at home, who enlargeth his desire as hell, and is as death, and cannot be satisfied, but gathereth unto him all nations, and heapeth unto him all people:

Transgress by wine relates to Paul's communion. Paul is proud - he says that he is not whit below the chief apostles. Paul travelled extensively, and attempted to gain converts from the nations.

Paul as death:

Unchecked Copy Box
Rom 6:3 - Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
OK, thanks for your answer but you're not making sense as far as I am concerned. Perhaps others think you are. Kind of like evolution -- some believe in it thoroughly, even though they claim belief in the Bible, and others do not, even with disparate views about their religious concepts. The verses do not relate or have anything to do with Paul as you are making it out to be. It's in God's hands with you, as the expression goes. So have a good one.

YoursTrue

Please excuse, sometimes I go by the post and don't know the poster too well. Are you an orthodox Jew? I ask because I wonder if you would believe in a religious tribunal, such as the Sanhedrin or what may be today in that likeness in the various countries. Which does bring up questions, but the main question here is how do you apply these rights to your life and perhaps others?

YoursTrue

Just one other:
    Jesus is approached by people from Jairus's house who tell him that his daughter is dead. Jesus tells Jairus not to be afraid and to believe, and then goes to the house and says, "Why all this commotion and wailing? The child is not dead but asleep". Jesus then takes the girl by the hand and says talitha cumi, and she immediately gets up and starts walking.
Very good!
There were more. Among those was the son of the widow of Nain. Luke chapter 7:
"Soon afterwards Jesus went to a town named Nain, accompanied by His disciples and a large crowd. 12 And when He arrived at the gate of the town, a funeral procession was coming out. A young man had died, the only son of his mother, and she was a widow. And a large crowd from the town was with her. 13 And when the Lord saw her, His heart was filled with pity for her, and He said to her, "Do not weep". 14 Then He walked over and touched the coffin, while the pallbearers stood still. Jesus said to the dead man, "Young man, I say to thee, arise!" And he who was dead, sat up and began to talk, and Jesus gave him back to his mother."

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Just one other:
Ah! I had forgotten that story! Thank you so very much.

Spice, would you say that Jesus having two stories of resurrecting someone compared to Elijah's one story, is significant enough that it would establish him as a being much higher than the human Elijah?

Ebionite

OK, thanks for your answer but you're not making sense as far as I am concerned.
The idea that connects it together is Paul's communion with death. Wine from Habakkuk and bread/flesh from Zechariah relates to:

Unchecked Copy Box
1Co 11:26 - For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.

Using this analogy the flesh of the fat is the body of Christ.

Ebionite

Please excuse, sometimes I go by the post and don't know the poster too well. Are you an orthodox Jew? I ask because I wonder if you would believe in a religious tribunal, such as the Sanhedrin or what may be today in that likeness in the various countries. Which does bring up questions, but the main question here is how do you apply these rights to your life and perhaps others?
The rights that the state observes are human rights which go back to Rome. Rome is where the state originated for western countries. To assert natural rights you gave to identify as a man rather than as a human being.

Ehav4Ever

Christian perspective.

The interpretation of "לְדָוִד" (L'David) as "of David".

1. Use of the Preposition "לְ" (Le):
- The preposition "לְ" generally means "to," but in specific contexts, it can also indicate a relationship of possession or origin. For example, in some constructions, "לְ" can be used to indicate that something belongs to someone or is associated with someone.
- Example: In Genesis 24:36, the expression "לַאדֹנִי" (la'adoni) means "to my lord," but it can also be interpreted as "of my lord" in the sense that the action is performed in the name or under the authority of the lord.

2. Possessive Constructions:
- In Hebrew, possession is often expressed through prepositions or specific forms. The preposition "לְ" can be used in contexts where one wants to indicate that something is "of" someone, especially in poetry or more literary contexts.
- Example: In Psalm 23:1, "יְהוָה רֹעִי" (Adonai ro'i) means "The Lord is my shepherd." Here, the relationship of possession is clear, and the preposition "לְ" could be used in a similar context to indicate that something belongs to someone.

3. Poetic and Literary Context:
- Hebrew literature, especially the Psalms, often uses the third person to speak about the author or others. This is a literary technique that allows for deeper reflection on the message.
- Example: In Psalm 144:10, "הַמּוֹשִׁיעַ דָּוִד" (hamoshia David) means "the savior David." Here, the reference to David is made in the third person, but this does not prevent the psalm from also referring to him in a more personal way.

4. Reference to the Messiah:
- Both Jewish and Christian traditions recognize that many Psalms have a messianic significance. The idea that David, when writing the psalm, could be referring to a descendant or a future king is a common interpretation.
- Example: In Psalm 2:7, "בְּנִי אֲנִי הַיּוֹם יְלִדְתִּיךָ" (Beni ani hayom yelid'ticha) means "You are my Son; today I have begotten you." This verse is often interpreted as a reference to the Messiah, showing that poetic language can refer to future figures.

The interpretation of "לְדָוִד" as "of David" is viable within Hebrew grammar, especially considering the use of the preposition "לְ" in contexts that indicate possession or origin, the poetic structure of the Psalms, and the interpretive tradition that recognizes the messianic dimension of the text.
Two things. First, there is no agreement from Jews that Psalm 110:1 in Hebrew is talking about a post or future mashiahh.

Second, the above Christian perspective you posted doesn't address what I showed earlier.

1722144794287.png