• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Jews don't believe in Jesus

firedragon

Veteran Member
The genealogy in the book of Matthew shows Jesus as legally descended from David through His adoptive father Joseph.
It doesn't say that.

Also, the OP is not talking about "legally adoptive ancestry". Neither does the Bible.

This is just made up.

Also the Bible has two different genealogies for Jesus, a being who is not supposed to have any genealogy, being God's son, and also an eternal being.

Too many contradictions. You made an absurd point.

InChrist

Free4ever
Judah was exiled... so what? It was 500 year before Jesus and he didn't do anything about it. How is this confirmation of anything other then his lack of qualifications?
I think Jesus did do something about it; He came to the lost sheep of the house of Israel, then He sent out the disciples to preach the good news/gospel to the Jews first, then the Gentiles.

Eliana

None of which you've addressed or even presented a reasonable argument for. Why did you bring it up anyway? Slap on the back?

I posted a link that explains messianic prophecy in detail. If you're too lazy to read it then I have no reason to care about your objections.

Eliana

The genealogy in the book of Matthew shows Jesus as legally descended from David through His adoptive father Joseph. The genealogy in Luke shows that Jesus is descended from David physically through His biological mother Mary.

It doesn't matter if Jesus was adopted. If a baby is born with a Levite father and the second the cord is cut I turn and give that baby to a Benjaminite, that baby is still a Levite by birth.

Eliana

I think Jesus did do something about it; He came to the lost sheep of the house of Israel, then He sent out the disciples to preach the good news/gospel to the Jews first, then the Gentiles.

I do not accept "a certain point of view" answers. The Tanakh says he will do A, B and C... then I expect A, B and C.

InChrist

Free4ever
It doesn't matter if Jesus was adopted. If a baby is born with a Levite father and the second the cord is cut I turn and give that baby to a Benjaminite, that baby is still a Levite by birth.
I don’t see that would alter the legal status of Jesus as Joseph’s adoptive son. Besides, your example is probably not applicable if Jesus is truly the Son of God, conceived by the Holy Spirit. The Levite/Benjaminite is solely based on the human level. On the human level, Jesus was Joseph’s son, so therefore legally a legitimate son of David.

Last edited:

InChrist

Free4ever
I do not accept "a certain point of view" answers. The Tanakh says he will do A, B and C... then I expect A, B and C.
Okay, you certainly don’t have to accept any certain point of view. Just sharing my thoughts in conversation. But I don’t know how to talk about Jesus without referencing the NT.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I've seen this discussed here a bit and there is a lot of misinformation so here are some of the key (but not all) reasons Jews do not believe in Jesus.

The Messiah must be from David's line and from the tribe of Judah, Jesus was not.
The Messiah must rebuild the temple, the temple still stood when Jesus lived.
The Messiah must reunite the Jews, the Jews were not even scattered when Jesus lived.
The Messiah must be Jewish... duh.
The Messiah will establish world peace and rule justly, Jesus did not do this.
The Messiah will rule when the Torah is written in everyone's heart and all people acknowledge Hashem as G-d, Jesus did not do this.

In addition Jews do not accept the notion of a trinity or original sin. We do not believe G-d will assume a human form. Nowhere in Messianic prophecy is the Messiah G-d in human form or otherwise. Jews also do not believe anyone can assume responsibility for the sins of another. G-d also calls human sacrifice an abomination and condemns it in the strongest possible terms. There is nothing in Messianic prophecy about the Messiah dying and coming back at a later date, it says he will finish the job.

There's more, but that's a primer for anyone interested.
A lot of people think Jesus (a) acknowledged the Torah and Tanakh in full. I don't think this is the case. If Gospels are from God it can be read that the position of Jesus (a) was occupied by John (a) before him as far light and exalted word of God type leadership. When disciples (two of them) see Elijah (a) and Moses (a) with Jesus (a), this it self is a big sign and awakening. One is dead (Moses (a)) but appears to them, one has came from heaven but never died (Elijah) and Jesus (a) is there. They wanted to make three lights in honor of them, three candles, because they are all light from God.

I think Gospels can be read in a way that say all the anointed kings of God (not just Jesus) are word of God, light, so this would mean for example, Solomon (a) didn't die a pagan nor deviate.

It's not simply working with the paradigm of Torah to Tanakh all correct. That was something Church decided to believe in and form the Bible, but it has no basis in the Gospels nor words of Paul.

Paul explanation of Lot being righteous and the exalted leader who handed the position of leadership and who has inherited by Abraham in that respect, shows, that Paul does NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ALL OF TORAH AND TANAKH TO BE CORRECT.

Paul relates the sword of God position of Jesus (a) from origins with Adam (a) all the way to now. It's very clear, one leader after another. Holy spirit always on earth.

Moses (a) Elyas (a) and Jesus (a) are EQUALS. This is the truth of the TWELVE LION STATUES with Solomon (a). They are his predecessors and his successors which are all lions of God.

The word for tribe in Hebrew can be translated as branch in many places, and the twelve branches of the children of Israel were not necessarily and probably never ever referring to actual tribes. It probably was referring to the twelve branches of Moses (a) starting from Aaron (a) down to Jesus (a) as the twelve.

The twelve gates in heaven are not going to split according to blood lineage of a tribe. Sorry that makes no sense.

The Quran corrects both Judaism and Christianity in that it shows the religion of God precedes these religions while these two religions rely on particularity. Jesus (a) centralized - if so what was the religion before him? Jews entrusted as a chosen representative of God, what about nations before? Why none of them chosen?

Seems it's not consistent.

Also Quran grounds the words of Jesus (a) and Shiite hadiths also show similar words spoken by Imams (a) about leadership, themselves, and Welayat. See the thread about Gospels and Shiite hadiths match up.

firedragon

Veteran Member
IN all honesty, why do you insist that there was a lineage when Jesus according to the Christian theology was the son of God and was eternal? It's a contradiction. Do you not see that?

Spice

StewardshipPeaceIntergityCommunityEquality
And those "lost sheep" were greatly integrated into the gentile populations of Hellenistic culture. This is where the earliest Church fathers failed. They bent the message to the ears instead of bending ears to the message.

Colt

Who isn't? ( Who isn't a child of God? )
True, we are all Sons of God, but Christ Michael is a divine Creator Son who came down from heaven and lived the human life. Jesus chose “son of man” as his title NOT Jewish Messiah .

Last edited:

Jimmy

Veteran Member
Why is genealogy so important? Is it because god said so?

firedragon

Veteran Member
True, we are all Sons of God, but Christ Michael is a divine Creator Son who came down from heaven and lived the human life. Jesus chose “son of man” as his title NOT Jewish Messiah .
You said "Michael creator Son". What do you mean by that?

InvestigateTruth

Veteran Member

Let me ask you this question.

Regardless if Jesus was the Messiah of Jews or not, do you think, the Jewish leaders at the time of Jesus were on the Right Path? Were they good and fair? Did they treat Jesus fairly, and the people justly?
Or, they were wrong doers?

JACC2312

I've seen this discussed here a bit and there is a lot of misinformation so here are some of the key (but not all) reasons Jews do not believe in Jesus.

Let us review your Arguments and respond Mostly with the Old Testament.

The Messiah must be from David's line and from the tribe of Judah, Jesus was not.
Jesus is Descendant from Judah
Matthew 1:1-16

The Messiah must rebuild the temple, the temple still stood when Jesus lived.

In Fact the Temple had to be Destroyed after the Jews rejected the Messiah:
Daniel 9:25-27

The Messiah must reunite the Jews, the Jews were not even scattered when Jesus lived.

The Jews were already scatered when Jesus was in this world. The New Testament tells of the jews arriving to Jerusalem from many other countries and lands to the Pascha.
Acts 2:1-12

The Messiah must be Jewish... duh.

Yeap Jesus was Jew from the Tribe of Judah and jew according to the Law of Moses:
Luke 2:21

The Messiah will establish world peace and rule justly, Jesus did not do this.

Yes he did, tell about American continent a christian continent a Catholic majority continent. Countries are not Fighting Like "Isrtael" and Palestine or Israel and Iran. far from Masonic ruled countries like USA with interest in the Middle East and inspired by jewish Kabalah, the Christian Countries are mostly in peace despite resources struggles. In Russia and Ukraine Zelenski is a jew who doesn't care much on sacrificing Orthodox ukrainians.

The Messiah will rule when the Torah is written in everyone's heart and all people acknowledge Hashem as G-d, Jesus did not do this.

Jesus actually corrected the Law of Moses, And that was the promess of a new Moses given by Moses himself (Deut 18:15) , a new prophet that will set the Law, For Example, if by Moses Law Polygamy would remain, but Jesus changed that, By Moses Law Lapidation would remain but Jesus Changed that, And all the JEws now Accept the new Standard set by Jesus on those regards.

In addition Jews do not accept the notion of a trinity or original sin.

The Torah and the Psalms clearly state that God is not a Solitary Being.

Psalm 110:1 "Said my Lord to my Lord..."
Genesis 18:1-5
[Genesis 18] {18:1} Then the Lord appeared to him, in the
steep valley of Mamre, when he was sitting at the door of his
tent, in the very heat of the day. {18:2} And when he had
lifted up his eyes, there appeared to him three men, standing
near him. When he had seen them, he ran to meet them from
the door of his tent, and he reverenced them on the ground.
{18:3} And he said: “If I, O lord, have found grace in your
eyes, do not pass by your servant.
{18:4} But I will bring a
little water, and you may wash your feet and rest under the
tree. {18:5} And I will set out a meal of bread, so that you
may strengthen your heart; after this you will pass on. It is for
this reason that you have turned aside to your servant.” And
they said, “Do as you have spoken.”

We do not believe G-d will assume a human form.

On the Contrary read carefully

Daniel 7:9-14
{7:9} I watched until
thrones were set up, and the ancient of days sat down. His
garment was radiant like snow, and the hair of his head like
clean wool; his throne was flames of fire, its wheels had been
set on fire. {7:10} A river of fire rushed forth from his
presence.
Thousands upon thousands ministered to him, and
ten thousand times hundreds of thousands attended before
him. The trial began, and the books were opened. {7:11} I
watched because of the voice of the great words which that
horn was speaking, and I saw that the beast had been
destroyed, and its body was ruined and had been handed over
to be burnt with fire. {7:12} Likewise, the power of the other
beasts was taken away, and a limited time of life was
appointed to them, until one time and another. {7:13} I
watched, therefore, in the vision of the night, and behold,
with the clouds of heaven, one like a son of man arrived, and
he approached all the way to the ancient of days, and they
presented him before him. {7:14} And he gave him power,
and honor, and the kingdom, and all peoples, tribes, and
languages will serve him. His power is an eternal power,
which will not be taken away, and his kingdom, one which
will not be corrupted.

Nowhere in Messianic prophecy is the Messiah G-d in human form or otherwise.

Read the next Texts, God Himself will Set the New Covenant, He will come as a Child whose name is Mighty God.

Ezekiel 16:62
{16:62} And I will raise up my covenant with you.
And you shall know that I am the Lord.

Isaiah 9:6
{9:6} For unto us a child
is born, and unto us a son is given. And leadership is placed
upon his shoulder. And his name shall be called: wonderful
Counselor, mighty God, father of the future age, Prince of
Peace.

Jews also do not believe anyone can assume responsibility for the sins of another.

Isaiah 53
[Isaiah 53] {53:1} Who has believed our report? And to
whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed? {53:2} And he
will rise up like a tender plant in his sight, and like a root
from the thirsty ground. There is no beautiful or stately
appearance in him. For we looked upon him, and there was
no aspect, such that we would desire him. {53:3} He is
despised and the least among men, a man of sorrows who
knows infirmity. And his countenance was hidden and
despised. Because of this, we did not esteem him.
{53:4} Truly, he has taken away our weaknesses, and he
himself has carried our sorrows.
And we thought of him as if
he were a leper, or as if he had been struck by God and
humiliated. {53:5} But he himself was wounded because of
our iniquities
. He was bruised because of our wickedness.
The discipline of our peace was upon him. And by his
wounds, we are healed.
{53:6} We have all gone astray like
sheep; each one has turned aside to his own way. And the
Lord has placed all our iniquity upon him.
{53:7} He was
offered up, because it was his own will.
And he did not open
his mouth. He will be led like a sheep to the slaughter. And
he will be mute like a lamb before his shearer. For he will not
open his mouth. {53:8} He was lifted up from anguish and
judgment.
Who will describe his life? For he has been cut off
from the land of the living.
Because of the wickedness of my
people, I have struck him down.
{53:9} And he will be given
a place with the impious for his burial, and with the rich for
his death, though he has done no iniquity, nor was deceit in
his mouth. {53:10} But it was the will of the Lord to crush
him with infirmity
. If he lays down his life because of sin, he
will see offspring with long lives,
and the will of the Lord will
be directed by his hand. {53:11} Because his soul has labored,
he will see and be satisfied. By his knowledge, my just servant
will himself justify many, and he himself will carry their
iniquities. {53:12} Therefore, I will allot to him a great
number. And he will divide the spoils of the strong. For he
has handed over his life to death, and he was reputed among
criminals. And he has taken away the sins of many, and he
has prayed for the transgressors.

G-d also calls human sacrifice an abomination and condemns it in the strongest possible terms.

Read again Isaiah 53
There is nothing in Messianic prophecy about the Messiah dying and coming back at a later date, it says he will finish the job.

Read Again Isaiah 53

There's more, but that's a primer for anyone interested.

There is more. but I will leave it there as a Catholic Response from my self.
Do somebody called for the Spanish Inquisition?

Last edited: