• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why would God send good people to Hell just because they dont believe he exists?

waitasec

Veteran Member
you can inquire,question but not critisize
because critisisim means you find him wrong

and if you do you do...why is that a taboo?
if you find him wrong,it's easy,just leave the religion
so yes,she can divorce lol
so what happens to a muslim who personally rejects the islamic faith in an islamic community?

Mohamed

and if you do you do...why is that a taboo?

so what happens to a muslim who personally rejects the islamic faith in an islamic community?

because he is messenger from god (if you are a believer ofcourse)
god choosed him to deliver the message.

what could happen to him??!

Mohamed

so god wants people to make uninformed choices...
just take it at face value?

you tell me?

i didn't understand first point
but if you mean (god wants people to make things without knowing the reason) then sometimes yes,most of times god tells the reason,but sometimes he doesn't.
you know,that shows weather you trust him or not

nothing happens to him

waitasec

Veteran Member
i didn't understand first point
but if you mean (god wants people to make things without knowing the reason) then sometimes yes,most of times god tells the reason,but sometimes he doesn't.
you know,that shows weather you trust him or not

do you know what circular logic means?
i say i have a house for sale on a cliff over looking the beach for
pennies on the dollar for you to buy, would you believe me just by my word?

nothing happens to him
i've heard different...

DandyAndy

A loving parent that chastizes their children for eternity, or allows their child to go to such a place, yes, loving Father indeed. This is like if your small little child willing walks into a pit of snakes, but you resolve that you're not going to pull your child out, because they walked into it. This is still no less sick, it's child abandonment.

What if the father does everything but grab the child and rip them away, with the child kicking and screaming and cursing and unhappy FOREVER? What would the point be? The child would always try to walk away from the father into the pit. The father does everything except force and the child still refuses to not step into the pit? That's not abandonment at all - that's a choice by the child.

religion99

According to Axioms of Jain religion , the natural laws automatically takes beings to Heaven and Hell according to their Deeds. For analogy , assume Heaven is above us and Hell is below us. For every good deed your weight decreases by one point and for every bad deed , you weight increases by one point. So , when you die , if sum total of good points are more than bad points , you'll automatically move upwards towards Heaven and vice versa. God is Omniscient and hence knows our future , but he has neither ability nor willingness to change it.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
According to Axioms of Jain religion , the natural laws automatically takes beings to Heaven and Hell according to their Deeds. For analogy , assume Heaven is above us and Hell is below us. For every good deed your weight decreases by one point and for every bad deed , you weight increases by one point. So , when you die , if sum total of good points are more than bad points , you'll automatically move upwards towards Heaven and vice versa. God is Omniscient and hence knows our future , but he has neither ability nor willingness to change it.

According to the Bible God created all of us as free moral agents with the free will to choose for oneself without interference from God or his knowing what one will want to choose. People corrupt themselves. -Deut. 30v19; 32v5.

According to the Bible Jesus was buried in the 'biblical hell'.- Acts 2vs27,31.
That does place hell [Hebrew word: sheol] beneath us.
Jesus was in the Bible's hell until God resurrected Jesus. -Acts 2v32

Ones committing the unforgivable sin will Not be resurrected but: destroyed.
Matthew 12v32; Hebrews 6vs4-6; 10vs26,27; Psalm 92v7; 2nd Peter 3v9.

The Bible teaches there is a difference between the 'non-biblical hell' and the Bible's hell. [sheol]. The non-biblical hell is taught as forever burning in pain.
The Bible's hell is just the common grave of mankind where the dead sleep the deep sleep of death until they are resurrected to either heaven,
or on a paradisaic earth during Jesus 1000-year reign over earth.

-John 11vs11-14; Ecclesiastes 9v5; Psalm 6v5; 13v3; 115v17; Daniel 12vs2,13

The 'biblical hell' according to Revelation [20vs13,14] comes to a final end.

After everybody is resurrected from the Bible's hell [gravedom],
then, vacant, emptied-out hell is cast into a symbolic second death meaning no further existence for mankind's common grave [hell/sheol].

Besides resurrecting all in the Bible's hell, Jesus, as Prince of Peace,
will usher in global Peace on Earth toward men of goodwill.

Mohamed

do you know what circular logic means?
i say i have a house for sale on a cliff over looking the beach for
pennies on the dollar for you to buy, would you believe me just by my word?

i've heard different...

yes,i would believe you in some cases
if you have made it before i will believe you
if you have endless houses like this for sure you would lose nothing giving me one

by the way,rule number one for me to be logic all the way
but i see that your logic is just what you see or experience not what you deduce

hope you didn't hear different from foxnews

Last edited:

waitasec

Veteran Member
yes,i would believe you in some cases
if you have made it before i will believe you

if you have endless houses like this for sure you would lose nothing giving me one
ok, so i would have to prove myself to you, makes sense...so you wouldn't just take my word for it right?
by the way,rule number one for me to be logic all the way
but i see that your logic is just what you see or experience not what you deduce
but that is the same logic you used in deciding if i were telling you i had really cheap property to sell, you needed proof, you wouldn't just take my word...

hope you didn't hear different from foxnews
no i think fox news is a farce. much like a lot of the news
i got it from this:
BBC NEWS | South Asia | Afghan convert 'arrives in Italy'

BBC NEWS | Middle East | Islam and the apostasy debate

Many Sages One Truth

What if the father does everything but grab the child and rip them away, with the child kicking and screaming and cursing and unhappy FOREVER? What would the point be? The child would always try to walk away from the father into the pit. The father does everything except force and the child still refuses to not step into the pit? That's not abandonment at all - that's a choice by the child.

Oh come on, you think a child would be screaming and cursing for pulling them out of that situation? You're not thinking about this logically. It requires little thought for a person with a conscience to be able to accept such a horrid belief.

Mohamed

ok, so i would have to prove myself to you, makes sense...so you wouldn't just take my word for it right?

yes you must prove yourself,even in different thing
if i saw somebody carrying a door,i will believe that can carry a chair for sure
that what called (evidence)

forexample,if prophet Mohamed told in quran about things wich are impossible to be known at his time,so it's clear that he didn't write it himself
that what we call (scientific evidences in quran)

nice :)

Tristesse

yes you must prove yourself,even in different thing
if i saw somebody carrying a door,i will believe that can carry a chair for sure
that what called (evidence)

forexample,if prophet Mohamed told in quran about things wich are impossible to be known at his time,so it's clear that he didn't write it himself

nice :)

Thats not quit true, first we'd have to know what it is you think mohamed knew that was impossible to know during the period of time in which he lived.

waitasec

Veteran Member
what things did mohamed know that were impossible to be known at his time?

and?
i'm just curious why the harsh treatment of those who simply change their minds?

Mohamed

what things did mohamed know that were impossible to be known at his time?

we were discussing the logic behind believing in god or in a prophet
but now you are turning the discussion to other point
so are you with me about the logic first?

i'm just curious why the harsh treatment of those who simply change their minds?

that's not true,for sure they become hated and irony because it's something wich happens very very few times,but no harsh treatment

waitasec

Veteran Member
we were discussing the logic behind believing in god or in a prophet
but now you are turning the discussion to other point
so are you with me about the logic first?
why bring it up then?
the logic to believe something based on face value isn't very reasonable

that's not true,for sure they become hated and irony because it's something wich happens very very few times,but no harsh treatment

no harsh treatment?
demanding these people be executed...
interesting.

waitasec

Veteran Member
just like an example because you asked me before
what does (based on face) mean?
then, your example didn't work. :no:
my example of me telling you something without anything to back it up.

again that doesn't happen,i live here and that didn't happen before
so why should i take your word for it if i hear different?