• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

why you don't need God ?(anyone)

chinu

chinu
This statement is disgusting and you ought to be ashamed.

How dare you speak so ill of another human being. Hawking is an incredible person (even though he's kind of an *******), and was not "smitten" by God with illness. In fact, even though I'm an atheist, I would much rather argue that he was BLESSED by God, and has survived for over 50 years with a disease that should have killed him. God LOVES Hawking. Clearly God values Hawking's voice.

Stephen Hawking is a real person. You don't need to put his name in quotes, or act like he deserves pain and suffering because he is an atheist.

His Lou Gehrig's disease was not a "punishment". It's flippin' genetic!

This is just so perverse.

:tsk::tsk::tsk:
Firstly, It was just to tell him that revelation is not such an easy task, means it need very hard efforts.

Secondly, it was not to prove the weak efforts, It was just to prove the hard efforts of Stephen hawking towards God (No matter, he failed but efforts were hard ) And there are many such devotees of the history who did several kind of different efforts to search God (No matter, some of them failed, Some of them succeeded )

You got something wrong, Brother.

desideraht

Hellspawn
Firstly, It was just to tell him that revelation is not such an easy task, means it need very hard efforts.

Secondly, it was not to prove the weak efforts, It was just to prove the hard efforts of Stephen hawking towards God (No matter, he failed but efforts were hard ) And there are many such devotees of the history who did several kind of different efforts to search God (No matter, some of them failed, Some of them succeeded )

You got something wrong, Brother.
Then why the Hell did you mention him being "DISABLED" as though it were a punishment?! Explain! Pious human!

chinu

chinu
Then why the Hell did you mention him being "DISABLED" as though it were a punishment?! Explain! Pious human!
I said his hard-search made him disabled( Like.. Romeo for Juliet ), rather than he was a disabled person for searching.

Cephus

Relentlessly Rational
I don't believe in a god because I have seen no objective evidence that demonstrates that any gods actually exist.

NobodyYouKnow

Misanthropist
I used to believe that I 'needed' God in my life and worshiped him in the form that I found most appealing.

I was happy and satisfied for quite a while, but recently started to question why.

Why did all those people who were not religious all seem to have a much easier time of it than I did? Why was it that even though I knew I was not this body or this mind, that my Deity just wouldn't let up with all the bad karma and misfortune?

Why weren't my prayers being answered? What the heck did I do wrong? Why were people around me dying? why was I kicked out of my house and job and left as a destitute, homeless beggar...why?

It seemed like the closer I became to God, the more my life became incapable of being lived. I wasn't attached to material possessions at all anyway, but one would think that if there were a God, He would at least give me a bloody break once in a while, no?

So, I decided to say that in my 'everything is an illusion' belief, then so was 'God' - I don't need 'God' anymore, so I am just waiting to see if He needs me.

I guess it's wrong to say I am an Atheist, I believe in 'something' but if one worships a chair for long enough and with full focus and concentration, they will become enlightened - so the chair becomes 'God' to them.

God is just a word to describe 'anything beyond the capability of the human mind to understand'. With recent scientific breakthroughs, superstition is dying out.

Eventually though, the concept of Brahman is beyond the human notion of 'God' and if one meditates and does Yoga, they can realise God without necessarily having to 'believe' and this is now the path I walk.