• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Will someone please talk to me?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
1. Producing or promoting a favorable result; advantageous

That is the definition of beneficial.

I tried it that way first. Also they say it is happening very fast and destruction will be here soon. I'm playing their game. OK?

I could get real silly and go to the president of the USA (that is where I am) and report them but I don't want to.

Last edited:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
My sister is a JW. A couple of my other sisters go to the Kingdom Hall regularly.
I hope that they don't get baptised I really do, they are lazy don't really research properly, they are easily taken in.

Can you talk to your sisters who are not baptized yet? Ask them if they will convert so that God won't hate them. They probably will not be able to answer. If they cannot answer it, then say that if they do get baptized as a JW, they will lose their freedom of speech, just like that.

Ask them why they think they need an organization to worship God. Tell them to examine their fears and see if they do or don't come from the JWs.

I do not take it upon myself to prevent anyone from being a Jehovah's Witness. I am reporting. I'm a wannabe reporter. I don't like being lied to. Do you?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Does anyone else know mosquitoes are territorial? I found that fact fascinating. I could buzz around other religious beliefs, maybe, but I, I guess, I am like a mosquito. I am sticking to what I know. I am not going to venture into (it seems right to put other here) dangerous territory. See that is what is good about the internet. Thought can't be stopped.

Here's the thing. If a little mouse enters a house to make trouble the mouse should fear for it's life and it's family's life maybe. But see, if they are right about what's coming, then extermination for the mouse family would be a blessing, wouldn't it? So now I have the choice be blessed with life and be blessed with death. It's no contest.

Knowing that, I still want to talk about beneficial. What does beneficial mean to you?

Wherenextcolumbus

Can you talk to your sisters who are not baptized yet? Ask them if they will convert so that God won't hate them. They probably will not be able to answer. If they cannot answer it, then say that if they do get baptized as a JW, they will lose their freedom of speech, just like that.

Ask them why they think they need an organization to worship God. Tell them to examine their fears and see if they do or don't come from the JWs.

I do not take it upon myself to prevent anyone from being a Jehovah's Witness. I am reporting. I'm a wannabe reporter. I don't like being lied to. Do you?

Well I am very outspoken, one of my sister asked me, if one of them became a JW would I be happy with that, I told them no, I wouldn't be happy with you joining any organisation that treats it's child abuse victims like crap. I suppose if the time comes I could ask them those questions.

Curious George

Veteran Member
Not much. I cook. I sort buttons. Sometimes I travel to Massachusetts to visit my children. My children never were Jehovah's Witnesses. I did not compel them, but JW parents do that and say they don't.

When I was a JW I heard at convention that six billion hearts will stop beating. To them interfaith is very bad. In fact so bad that some people believe if you are in a church when the fire comes from the sky you will die, even if you believe Jesus is God's Son. Romans 10:9
If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
Now they say you must believe in your heart that the governing body are sent by God. Isn't that strange?

I think asking questions and talking to me are different, don't you?

I enjoy cooking as well. Baklava and Rum Cake are fun to make and other people enjoy sharing them. Now that I think about it, While I enjoy the process of cooking- I more enjoy sharing food.

No, I do not think there is a difference between talking and asking questions. I think that people talking together involves a dance of give and take wherein both mainly listen but questions are asked and stories are shared. Sometimes there are questions, sometimes there are stories, sometimes there is even silence. None are bad, all are talking- even silence.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Does anyone know if the UN knows or does not know the Jehovah's Witnesses are calling them names and telling them what they will do? Maybe the mosquito like mouse should do it. What's wrong with mice and/or mosquitoes? I ask because some poster popped in saying maybe I shouldn't think of myself as those, or that. I do not know why not. I do not think I will start wondering why not. I have a little bit of control over my own thought.

I know. With the abundance of words there does not fail to be transgression. I think that can also apply to an organization. Yes or no?

I do not presume to know what's going on and I do in a figurative way live in solitary (I'm not confined though) so to believe I should remain sane is expecting a little too much, don't you think?

Curious George

Veteran Member
That is the definition of beneficial.

I tried it that way first. Also they say it is happening very fast and destruction will be here soon. I'm playing their game. OK?

I could get real silly and go to the president of the USA (that is where I am) and report them but I don't want to.

My personal opinion: People have been getting excited over something that is happening very fast for a very long time. Perhaps they do not know what those words "very fast" mean.

I am certainly in agreement about the definition of beneficial. I was questioning your choice to challenge that group. While they may get people wound up in a mess, I am not sure that the people who follow do not want that. I think that to some it is exhilarating thinking that the world will end any moment and that we are approaching the end of days. not my cup of tea. So, why not let them have their worries and move on to clean air. You know much of the bible, do you quote it by memory or do you have to look up the actual versus?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I enjoy cooking as well. Baklava and Rum Cake are fun to make and other people enjoy sharing them. Now that I think about it, While I enjoy the process of cooking- I more enjoy sharing food.

I have never made those. I do less baking now that there are fewer people living here. I believe baking should be done with white flour, but not always all white flour, and white flour is not good to eat too much of. Also sugar is not good to eat often.

No, I do not think there is a difference between talking and asking questions. I think that people talking together involves a dance of give and take wherein both mainly listen but questions are asked and stories are shared. Sometimes there are questions, sometimes there are stories, sometimes there is even silence. None are bad, all are talking- even silence.

Thank you for sharing that. You have changed my mind.

Curious George

Veteran Member
Does anyone know if the UN knows or does not know the Jehovah's Witnesses are calling them names and telling them what they will do? Maybe the mosquito like mouse should do it. What's wrong with mice and/or mosquitoes? I ask because some poster popped in saying maybe I shouldn't think of myself as those, or that. I do not know why not. I do not think I will start wondering why not. I have a little bit of control over my own thought.

I know. With the abundance of words there does not fail to be transgression. I think that can also apply to an organization. Yes or no?

I do not presume to know what's going on and I do in a figurative way live in solitary (I'm not confined though) so to believe I should remain sane is expecting a little too much, don't you think?

As long as one can go outside they are never "solitary" and rarely when they cannot are they "solitary." So sanity should remain.

yes or no to an organization or yes or no the abundance of words the committing of transgression? or both?

I do not think that the JW's or the UN are really committing transgressions. I think that they will do as they will do and that action is what we support, stand against, or ignore- the choice is ours.

Mosquitos and mice? I do not know. They are small, they can both carry disease, they are alive, they are both used for experiments, - I can think of many other similarities but none that stick out- I think size is probably the connector most would commonly associate-even though there is quite a disparate size between them - we use both to suggest something small.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
My personal opinion: People have been getting excited over something that is happening very fast for a very long time. Perhaps they do not know what those words "very fast" mean.

I am certainly in agreement about the definition of beneficial. I was questioning your choice to challenge that group. While they may get people wound up in a mess, I am not sure that the people who follow do not want that. I think that to some it is exhilarating thinking that the world will end any moment and that we are approaching the end of days. not my cup of tea. So, why not let them have their worries and move on to clean air.

There is no clean air literally and figuratively.

You know much of the bible, do you quote it by memory or do you have to look up the actual versus?

The Bible verses come to mind, then I look them up. I seldom post any scripture before checking it. It is the internet, I am taking advantage of it. Why not?

If "actual versus" is cryptic, I think the true answer is yes, but I don't know.

The word understand is interesting. I think I understand a lot more than most people. The difference is I stay under it. See?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Someone said the poles of the Earth are able to reverse. I believe that can happen philosophically also, and it is happening imo.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What bad thing did they do?

God is not God if what God says does not come true.

They say The Bible is about what God says will come true.

They say The Bible says a lot of bad things will happen.

It is God then saying the bad things will happen.

Why would God tell bad things to happen?

God is love.

Curious George

Veteran Member
What bad thing did they do?

God is not God if what God says does not come true.

They say The Bible is about what God says will come true.

They say The Bible says a lot of bad things will happen.

It is God then saying the bad things will happen.

Why would God tell bad things to happen?

God is love.

Perhaps there is a mistake in there somewhere then-

Where do you see the mistake though?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Perhaps there is a mistake in there somewhere then-

Where do you see the mistake though?

I do not understand the question. My mistake or their mistake? Do you mean where in the Bible can I find the answer?

The mistake I see is I made it a question. It should not be a question. God does not not make bad things happen. (this here is another mistake. God does not make bad things happen. But maybe it is also true God does not not make bad things happen. It is too big to wrap my mind around) If God says bad things will happen and God's word is truth, it is God making bad things happen.

Last edited:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What is your fondest memory of her?

Even quiet people can say a lot if you listen.

I think maybe I was not fond of my mother. I loved her. I remember all of her with fondness. She is a good person.

OK I remember one. Singing Christmas songs in the car. Another one; cuddling with Mr. Savage at Christmas time. Also, her cookie mountain at Christmas time. She loved Christmas.

I am sure she loved me too. I do not have memory of her love for my daddy. I think they were not in love. I do not remember seeing them in love except at Christmas.

Curious George

Veteran Member
I think maybe I was not fond of my mother. I loved her. I remember all of her with fondness. She is a good person.

OK I remember one. Singing Christmas songs in the car. Another one; cuddling with Mr. Savage at Christmas time. Also, her cookie mountain at Christmas time. She loved Christmas.

I am sure she loved me too. I do not have memory of her love for my daddy. I think they were not in love. I do not remember seeing them in love except at Christmas.

Christmas is a wonderful memory for many. I myself am not too fond of Christmas. But the connection so many share on holidays which are special to them is always amazing. I find it interesting that one of your fondest memories of your mother is of her showing love for your father. What was your father like?