• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Woman hits man on bus - watch video and decide....

Me Myself

Back to my username
It's best in a potentially dangerous or life-threatening situation to assume the worst "possible consequences." If getting beaten, raped, or killed is realistically a "possible" consequence in a given situation, it's rather asinine to not act according to that possibility.

Thats exactly why scandal and withdrawal was the best action, along with minimal use pf umbrella so not giving excuse to allies of assaulter to take it away as the assaulter is showing himself submissive and with hands where they can be seen.

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member
Good. She did exactly what she should have done, considering the circumstances.

Me Myself

Back to my username
If this had been a dark alley I would say incapacitate the man on one strike if you are able (like a kick in the nuts! :D) and then run. If in heels, you might want to completely incapacitate him before running if able or just take them out and run after heels in nuts.

Alceste

Vagabond
That is true, that is how they are selected. The problem is that predators also tend to have ego things, specially those in groups.

It is not by far uncommon that they want to strike back the girl now with the gang after she dared do that to them.

You need to watch more nature documentaries.

Me Myself

Back to my username
You need to watch more nature documentaries.

I meant human predators.

Human psychology has a pair of extras.

Vengeance for example, with the ability to hold a grudge long enough to attack the object of such when vulnerable and in pack.

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
We don't know if it worked because we don't know if a) that was staged or

Assuming that the video is not staged, it worked. If you don't like the video, i can give you other examples from Egypt.

There were a couple of famous incidents like that here, where the woman reacted like that, kept holding onto the man and wouldn't let go until the police gets there, in the face of criticism from a lot of people standing by, urging her to "let him go" and stuff like that.

In those situations, things worked out rather brilliantly, and sent a clear, strong message to cowards who often engage in stuff like this. If it were to happen more often, i'd think it might reduce how rampant such assaults are.

b) the followed her afterwards.

That could happen whether she reacted like she did, reacted like how you think she should, or reacted in complete silence. Thus, hypothetical scenarios of how you think the scum may decide and get the chance to follow her afterwards do not invalidate the fact that she clearly put him in his place and ended the assault that was happening to her, in a most satisfying manner.

It was best for society an cowing though.

I don't think it was "justified" but it is not condemnable either. She had her well being as priority and thats how it should have been.

I realize you don't think it's justified, but i've seen no argument so far that helps me understand such sentiment.

Last edited:

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
(like a kick in the nuts!

That doesn't work .Only in the movies.You punch them in the throat (like where an Adams apple would be) as hard as you can with your knuckles or a hard object if you have one.

Me Myself

Back to my username
That could happen whether she reacted like she did, reacted like how you think she should, or reacted in complete silence. Thus, hypothetical scenarios of how you think the scum may decide and get the chance to follow her afterwards do not invalidate the fact that she clearly put him in his place and ended the assault that was happening to her, in a most satisfying manner.

Making a scandal and avoiding unnecessary further hurting towards the guys little ego minimized the chances of him venturing further after it.

About justifiable, the space had already been achieved and after it was achieved she kept hitting. That part doesnt seem reasonable to me. No, not bad, I am pretty much careless about it but it was not "reasonable" . It didnt seem to come out of a place of reason but fear.

So given that I saw no reason for attack after her territory seemed secure and he was already showing his hands displaying submission and out of her space, I dont think it is "reasonable" nor particularly "right" .

Its gray enough to not be morally wrong IMHO, but definetely not "right" and for the circumstances, no "reason" to do it either. She did it because she was scared, and that was okay.

(The oxford says justify would mean to deem reasonable or right to do x)

Me Myself

Back to my username
That doesn't work .Only in the movies.You punch them in the throat (like where an Adams apple would be) as hard as you can with your knuckles or a hard object if you have one.

Seems like a harder target to me, but hey, if it works for you, awesome.

Whatever you can do to incapacitate him time enough to run away and get safe somewhere.

Alceste

Vagabond
Making a scandal and avoiding unnecessary further hurting towards the guys little ego minimized the chances of him venturing further after it.

About justifiable, the space had already been achieved and after it was achieved she kept hitting. That part doesnt seem reasonable to me. No, not bad, I am pretty much careless about it but it was not "reasonable" . It didnt seem to come out of a place of reason but fear.

So given that I saw no reason for attack after her territory seemed secure and he was already showing his hands displaying submission and out of her space, I dont think it is "reasonable" nor particularly "right" .

Its gray enough to not be morally wrong IMHO, but definetely not "right" and for the circumstances, no "reason" to do it either. She did it because she was scared, and that was okay.

(The oxford says justify would mean to deem reasonable or right to do x)

There's more to it than just restoring your space for the moment though. You need to also demonstrate unambiguously that you are not to be ****** with.

If their egos hurt, they'll just take it out on someone else. Someone they perceive as weak or vulnerable.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Seems like a harder target to me, but hey, if it works for you, awesome.

Its not a harder target/it takes less strength and it has the affect of being strangled and choked for some time afterwards.I learned it from a retired police detective.And have since seen it advised to women for self defense elsewhere.

Me Myself

Back to my username
I've kicked a couple guys in the junk. Seemed to work OK. :shrug:

I was thinking similarly.

I come from a boy's highschool. This means:

Do you know which is the capital of *country that I have forgotten*

No, which?

BANGCOCK! *hit in the nuts*

Guy grabbed his sack and suffered for a while, and it was a very mild hit too.

I almost hit the guy who asked ME about the capital (I had already seen this towards others) but I chose to scare him off instead.

Curious George

Veteran Member
It's best in a potentially dangerous or life-threatening situation to assume the worst "possible consequences." If getting beaten, raped, or killed is realistically a "possible" consequence in a given situation, it's rather asinine to not act according to that possibility.

Reminds me of Bernie Goetz (1984). "You don't look so bad, here have another."

People justified and still justify his actions, partly because of the NYC culture in the 80's. Not so sure I agree. Not really sure where I stand on this woman's actions, or on condoning behavior based on emotional outrage. I understand why she reacted as she did, and thankfully no one including her was critically injured. Given that, perhaps her choice reaction was best. But I wonder, where we draw the line.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Its not a harder target/it takes less strength and it has the affect of being strangled and choked for some time afterwards.I learned it from a retired police detective.And have since seen it advised to women for self defense elsewhere.

Again, if it works for you, awesome. I ve never tried it, so I dont pretend knowledge on it.

Kicks on junk I do would expect easier target. You kick with the leg that is more powerful and trust me, if you KICKED the guy is at least knocked out for what? Three seconds? Three seconds to the very least cursing and then he will run like a crippled.

The added benefit of a kick is that when humans experience fear, blood goes to legs, so you run better... And you guessed it, kick better :D

Me Myself

Back to my username
Reminds me of Bernie Goetz (1984). "You don't look so bad, here have another."

People justified and still justify his actions, partly because of the NYC culture in the 80's. Not so sure I agree. Not really sure where I stand on this woman's actions, or on condoning behavior based on emotional outrage. I understand why she reacted as she did, and thankfully no one including her was critically injured. Given that, perhaps her choice reaction was best. But I wonder, where we draw the line.

The line should be simple:

Always stop when the assaulter seems to have been reasonably incapacitated to further attack and you are safe.

In is case, the scandal itself incapacitated the attacker. The original push or hit or whatever was completely justified way of getting him out of her body.

The hits that had nothing to do with her safety were useless and bette left avoided when one has the cool brain to avoid so.

Which she understandably didnt have.

Me Myself

Back to my username
I'm curious why so many think its staged? I don't know it looked real to me.

I dont know if it is. The good side of it not being staged would be that the guy could actually have been reported as you can very clearly see his face in the video.