• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Woman hits man on bus - watch video and decide....

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Right I have had men in a crowed place trying to "squeeze " between men and someone else and "conveniently accidently" do the ole gyrate the ole groin into my *** briefly as they past.Thats happened to me several times and that only one example.Casually and non cholontly.

That's weird, because I've often had women casually and non-chalantly gyrate their ***** against my groin as I try to squeeze past them in crowds. Hmmm...I wonder if, perhaps, the casual and non-chalant nature of certain actions means that they were, in fact, unintentional, and mostly a matter of one person's perception of what the other person's intent was.

Wherenextcolumbus

All I can say to this is....MMYY SSSIIISSTTERR!!

*I don't know what my reaction would be. I have had a man put his hand on my thigh before on the train, I didn't hit him. Kind of wish I was more like her.

Me Myself

Back to my username
You missed in your analysis the one aspect which was brought up repeatedly here, which is the culture involved and what it entails. Which is a considerable factor in her reaction being viewed as appropriate. I understand and generally agree with most of what you're saying, but i don't think you're giving proper due to the situation from the perspective of the woman in question and others like her.

That is another reason for her fear to be understandable.

And another good reason to avoid enraging the man you think may have more buddies in the bus.

Again, understanding the emotions does not mean I think her actions were in her best inerest or in the best interest of society.

The scandal was in accordance of both . The hitting beyond self defense when the guy is playing victim was in detriment of both.

moodys

Right I have had men in a crowed place trying to "squeeze " between men and someone else and "conveniently accidently" do the ole gyrate the ole groin into my *** briefly as they past.Thats happened to me several times and that only one example.Casually and non cholontly.
In this case, the man was standing in full view of a large number of people whilst nonchalantly touching the woman as if he owned her. That's not exactly a common sight, although I wouldn't be able to make that call in relation to places like India I suppose.

Me Myself

Back to my username
That's weird, because I've often had women casually and non-chalantly gyrate their ***** against my groin as I try to squeeze past them in crowds. Hmmm...I wonder if, perhaps, the casual and non-chalant nature of certain actions means that they were, in fact, unintentional, and mostly a matter of one person's perception of what the other person's intent was.

Indeed. It is hard to know in bus scenarios. Here it was obvious due to a) video and b) he put his hand on her, and not once but twice.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Look she had the right to mace him in the face so he's lucky she wasn't carrying that .You are blinded and in pain for hours.Problem with that in a crowded bus like it could have burned others.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Yes, it was obvious in this situation.

Yeah.

I also think many times men do do this on purpose in buses, but one needs to keep in mind reasonable doubt.

If I saw this on a bus (not having seen the assault, which was stealthy) I would probably try to stop the girl who is assaulting the guy who is not doing a thing to her.

She wasnt doing herself any favors. I can understand her reaction, but she really wasnt. He looked like the most reasonable of the two.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..

No this was obvious.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Look she had the right to mace him in the face so he's lucky she wasn't carrying that .You are blinded and in pain for hours.Problem with that in a crowded bus like it could have burned others.

She is lucky he did manage to battle his rage enough to play the victim. His face shows IMO he almost hit her after she hit him in the face with the umbrella after gaining her space.

Alceste

Vagabond
In this case, the man was standing in full view of a large number of people whilst nonchalantly touching the woman as if he owned her. That's not exactly a common sight, although I wouldn't be able to make that call in relation to places like India I suppose.

Well it's a pretty common experience, if you're a woman. Happens to everybody at least once or twice.

Heck, I think Me Myself even got nonchalantly groped once when he went out in drag for a festival. Is that right, MM?

I'm not saying you see this kind of behavior all the time everywhere you go, but if you ask every woman you know if anything similar has ever happened to her, you'll hear a lot more yeses than you're expecting, I think.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Well it's a pretty common experience, if you're a woman. Happens to everybody at least a few times.

Heck, I think Me Myself even got nonchalantly groped once when he went out in drag for a festival. Is that right, MM?

I'm not saying you see this kind of behavior all the time everywhere you go, but if you ask every woman you know if anything similar has ever happened to her, you'll hear a lot more yeses than you're expecting, I think.

No, you are confusing me with someone else :eek:

I dont have such a sexy butt :cover:

Alceste

Vagabond
Yeah.

I also think many times men do do this on purpose in buses, but one needs to keep in mind reasonable doubt.

If I saw this on a bus (not having seen the assault, which was stealthy) I would probably try to stop the girl who is assaulting the guy who is not doing a thing to her.

She wasnt doing herself any favors. I can understand her reaction, but she really wasnt. He looked like the most reasonable of the two.

Only because you don't understand the language. I have no doubt that whatever she was yelling was adequate to explain the reason for her behavior to any bystanders.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
No, you are confusing me with someone else :eek:

I dont have such a sexy butt :cover:

It was somebody else. I remember the story, however, and that while in drag, he was assaulted but I remember he didn't think much of it. To him, it was no big deal. He and I saw very differently about the story he related.

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
That is another reason for her fear to be understandable.

But again, not just fear. You have to imagine what feeling fear everyday while doing elementary things would entail. That is, for one example.

You could also imagine how it would feel like to have been a victim of such assault repeatedly before, or to know people and see them suffering from such assaults, for another.

And another good reason to avoid enraging the man you think may have more buddies in the bus.

Once more, that's not how things necessarily work, as i tried to explain. Sometimes asserting that you're a fierce person who is not to be messed with, and essentially breaking the bully is very effective.

Again, understanding the emotions does not mean I think her actions were in her best inerest or in the best interest of society.

But her actions are actually in her best interest and in the best interest of society. Women who stand up to things like that so fiercely give support to other women and can help in reducing such assaults a bit, if they're taken as an example.

Like i said, i understand your concern, and things might have worked out badly. But that's a risk with any reaction, even completely silent ones.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Only because you don't understand the language. I have no doubt that whatever she was yelling was adequate to explain the reason for her behavior to any bystanders.

Maybe. But she was angry and as such she may have mispoken.

Even then. If a man did the same on the opposite scenario to a woman and he yelled she assaulted her first, I would still stop the man from the assault.

I cant take it at word value, I must act from what I see, and if the alleged perpetrator seems to be in control and the other is attacking, I only see one person attacking.

I cant not do anything if I see someone attacking someone else without justifiable self defense.

This happened there.

She was angry and afraid, both things understandable. She acted beyond necessary because of this, which is understandable, easy to sympathize and basic human nature.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
If you think that scandal is an option. He will go out of his way to not touch you after it.

This was brief .A "second" of opportunity.Then gone.This by the way has happened to me in a crowded club.The "club scene".And I know the difference in "oops excuse me" and you have to make some contact to get by and pressing the pelvis FORWARD and feeling a bulge rub across my ***.