• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Would you date an overweight man or woman?

Would you date an overweight man / woman?

• Yes

Votes: 25 73.5%
  • No

Votes: 9 26.5%

• Total voters

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
I have a hard time voting because I dont know how fat we are talking about.

If by obese we mean slightly above recomended healthy rate, then I assume I already have, I would be surprised if my ex was inside the healthy percentage. Then again, I do have very specific leanings as to how much will I tolerate for a potential sexually exclusive partner.

So how should I vote?

Say 5'4'' tall and under / up to 200lbs?

Last edited by a moderator:

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I voted no, but I feel like the poll was too absolute with only two options to give me an accurate way to vote, so I have to explain how I actually feel about it.

Generally speaking, fitness level is something I'm really attracted to. Not like, the works-out-two-hours-in-the-gym-every-day guy, but just the guy that gets regular exercise, eats right, and stays pretty trim. It would determine a lot of what we would do together- play sports, go hiking, go cycling, things like that, and it shows where they put their priorities (assuming they have no medical condition otherwise). I'm kind of a health nut when it comes to what I cook and what I do, so it seems like there would be a lot of incompatibility there if I tried dating someone that wasn't into much of that stuff. In practice, if I recall all of the guys I've been attracted to, they were generally not overweight people.

But, it depends how overweight we're talking. There are a range of healthy body shapes. To me, it's not like I'm going to measure their body fat percentage and see if it's over some cut-off point. Instead, what would attract or not attract me to them are behavioral things, like how disciplined their personality is, what their activities tend to be, what their food habits tend to be, what sort of style they have, and how they take care of their body, and most of that happens at a subconscious level for me. So it's not as simple as a "yes" or "no" question for me.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I'm demanding :yes:

But...but...without my strip clubs, I'll have no where to go when I want to meditate on the nature and properties of desire! I'll miss my meditations and miss afterwards feeling reconciled to the world. It will be...horrible!

Wherenextcolumbus

But...but...without my strip clubs, I'll have no where to go when I want to meditate on the nature and properties of desire! I'll miss my meditations and miss afterwards feeling reconciled to the world. It will be...horrible!
To the left, to the left, everything you own in a box to the left!

Marie75

Liberal
I have no judgments or prejudices towards overweight people, but I've always seem to be attracted to men who are on the slender side, and big muscles is a no no...but a little muscle is nice. I know lots of men and women who find their S/O that is overweight very attractive.

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Date one? I married one! Over 20 years and close as day one. :0)

Never regretted it.

There is s downside though. It's true in which you need to prepare to deal with health issues and expense related with overweight people. Recently my wife started weightwatchers. I think her weight got to her as she mentioned being tired of feeling sick all the time. She's been doing well so far and lost some weight and recently engaged in exercise. She's in a group that meets weekly.

Titanic

I'm currently with an overweight girl and I've been incredibly surprised that the physical aspects of the relationship are some best I've ever experienced. As said, not just with sex but all other aspects.

I also find the psychology behind being with overweight people throughout history and now very interesting. It's been a sign of wealth but also of enjoyments of life, all these self starved individuals are still going to face the same deadly fate as someone who can enjoy eating and focusing on simple enjoyment of our short time. Further, mother goddess and divine figures were often depicted as even larger than anyone I'd date. And even further, the larger size tends to come with bigger breasts and wider hips, two traits all men subconsciously crave for reproductive success.

Well fit women can have bigger breasts and wider hips too. Look at Kate Upton and Shakria for example.

Me Myself

Back to my username
BMI2.jpg

by this, I think I would just accept to date "slightly overweight"

How should I vote then?

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
BMI2.jpg

by this, I think I would just accept to date "slightly overweight"

How should I vote then?

I'd say vote yes. I'd also so this doesn't look extremely accurate based on many people I know around 30bmi who, on this, would fit "slightly overweight".