• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You know What pisses me off about race and religion

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Did you know that the fact you were even born was a miracle? Why that one sperm found that one egg.

Yes! Yes!! Isn't that amazing!
The chances of that sperm making it to that egg, at that time must be similar to winning the national lottery twice in succession!
We miserable dejected unhappy and complaining people are all maximum lottery winners! We are the only survivors out of billions of potential opportunities, a we, with the odd sibling, somehow came through. That alone shows us a value to our existence which cries out to us to try a little harder, be a little happier, manage a little better!

Isn't life amazing?

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
And religion is, whether you like it or not, a major reason people pull triggers.
Hi!
I do like your avatar...
I want to change your sentence slightly...
....... religion is, ........... a major excuse for people to pull triggers.'
But..,... Heh! People find all kinds of excuses for self-righteous judgmental violence and nastiness.
Animal right campaigners breaking into a meat canning plant and spraying poison everywhere might think that big G is on their side, but those meat cans were on the their way to feed hungry in a third world country, and the workers paid their rent and and fed their families..... and now can't. etc etc etc
So let;'s not pick on, say, religion, or culture, or any kind of righteous challenge as the reason for such bad actions as humans can manage to effect......... let's blame humans...... full stop! :)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The chances of that sperm making it to that egg, at that time must be similar to winning the national lottery twice in succession!
We miserable dejected unhappy and complaining people are all maximum lottery winners! We are the only survivors out of billions of potential opportunities, a we, with the odd sibling, somehow came through. That alone shows us a value to our existence which cries out to us to try a little harder, be a little happier, manage a little better!
Isn't life amazing?
Actually, the chance of a sperm & egg union more like winning the lottery once.
Both things have 100% chance of happening. It only looks amazing to the winners.

Unibeauty

Sadly, No.
There is no new generation of loving.
Humanity has the same drives now that it (probably) did ten thousand years ago, in my opinion.
We see hatred, envy, jealousy, greed, tyranny, etc... now, just the same as we always did. No change there, I'm afraid.
But we can strive to better ourselves as humans, and do all we can to set examples to others.
What more can we do?
Let's start by not picking upon any one group, faith, religion or culture for blame, but open up our own horizons for better understanding .........
Last year, my wife, very ill and near to death, her family and many 'friends' showed little interest in her welfare, yet people that she thought were strangers were right there, regular visitors, giving her confidence and boosting her determination. You never know, until the chips go down, who counts, and who doesn't. :)
We are the teachers of the next generation. I went against what I was taught because they were only teaching hate. I'm sorry your wife was ill and hope she is better! I'm glad some good people were there for her. Some people don't want to face illness especially with someone they love. Have to face reality and every minute is special!

Isn't life amazing?
Yes, it is

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Actually, the chance of a sperm & egg union more like winning the lottery once.
Both things have 100% chance of happening. It only looks amazing to the winners.
Bulldust!
How many times does a couple make love in ten years?
How many children do they have?
If a woman ovulates 450 times and only bears a couple of children?
If a man produces countless billions of sperm and only sires a child or three?
100%?
I knew you were no mathematician.

See what I mean?
Against all those incredible odds, so many winners dismiss the joys of life as mere nothing.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Bulldust!
100%?

See what I mean?
Against all those incredible odds, so many winners dismiss the joys of life as mere nothing.
Your post points out the problems of letting gin soaked Limey 1-ball security guards calculate probability.
Consider the odds of someone winning the lottery: There is a 100% chance that someone will win.
Consider the odds that your parents successfully paired a spermie & egg: Also 100%
Both you & the lottery winner are agog with amazement at the unlikelihood of your lot
in life, even though the results cannot be other than they are.

Last edited:

Jumi

Bulldust!
In some conservatively religious circles they have kids almost every year if they don't want to be outcasts. We can blame condoms and other evils of the modern world that we aren't 100 billion or extinct by now. ;)

Unibeauty

Bulldust!
100%?

See what I mean?
Bulldust!
100%?

See what I mean?
Sounds like you haven't gotten what you wanted. To often than not we don't. I'm sorry truly. Sometimes what you think you want isn't true anyway. We work so hard and expect so much, yet are given so little. Work hard on what you have. People have nothing if not other people.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Your post points out the problems of letting gin soaked Limey 1-ball security guards calculate probability.
Consider the odds of someone winning the lottery: There is a 100% chance that someone will win.
Consider the odds that your parents successfully paired a spermie & egg: Also 100%
Both you & the lottery winner are agog with amazement at the unlikelihood of your lot in life.
Wubbish!
gin soaked......... soon
Limey...................... and proud!
1-ball........................ not yet.......... I've still got two tonite!!
security guards.......... very good at maths...... they know to the penny what their wages will be...

Now consider the odds properly.
Female = circa 450 potential births
Male = billions of sperms.
Multiply together = 450 x billion x circa billion = don't get too excited for a win.

Unibeauty

Wubbish!
gin soaked......... soon
security guards.......... very good at maths...... they know to the penny what their wages will be...

Multiply together = 450 x billion x circa billion = don't get too excited for a win.[/QUOTE
Wubbish!
gin soaked......... soon

Multiply together = 450 x billion x circa billion = don't get too excited for a win.[/QUOT
Speaking of "race", I love these kinds of articles: These twins can teach us a lot about racial identity
Very beautiful both girls and unique. Thank you for the article.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
In some conservatively religious circles they have kids almost every year if they don't want to be outcasts. We can blame condoms and other evils of the modern world that we aren't 100 billion or extinct by now. ;)

Probably...... Very probably....
My point was simple (all my points are!).

Some folks, as you have seen in earlier posts, look at themselves, alive, and think 'It was only to be expected'.
And some folks, look at themselves, alive, and think 'Wow! What a fantastic bit of fate!'

You see? You've got your 'half-a-cup-empty' types, and your 'half-a-cup-full' types.
Me? I'm a half-a-cup-full kind of guy, and try to remember how fortunate I am to be 'around' :)

Unibeauty

Probably...... Very probably....
My point was simple (all my points are!).

Some folks, as you have seen in earlier posts, look at themselves, alive, and think 'It was only to be expected'.
And some folks, look at themselves, alive, and think 'Wow! What a fantastic bit of fate!'

You see? You've got your 'half-a-cup-empty' types, and your 'half-a-cup-full' types.
Me? I'm a half-a-cup-full kind of guy, and try to remember how fortunate I am to be 'around' :)
I understand, that is a good way to be. At least you are honest. As far as I can see or read. Lol. I think that whatever life we lead is showing others. Acceptance is peace. Never been treated that way. I feel your inner peace. Thank you.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Wubbish!
gin soaked......... soon

Multiply together = 450 x billion x circa billion = don't get too excited for a win.
"Circa"?