• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your best argument that G-d does not exist

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
No no

U know what?

I can't explain them in English but I try

Look
I'm trying to say that for example we can't say
Contradiction or paradox is possible
Why??
Because we can't imagine something that is existent and non existent at the same time
Right?

Philosophers say this fact needs no reason because it's very very clear
And we just need to prepare reason for something that is vague

Is that a defense of causality? Or an attempt to divert from the issue? :)

Ciao

- viole

ThePainefulTruth

Romantic-Cynic
Atheists can't say there is no evidence so it doesn't exist

Only hard, unreasoning atheists say that. Agnosto-atheists say there is no evidence so It MIGHT not exist. The only other reasonable position of God, Agnosto-deists say the same thing. All the other gods are based on total hearsay.

interminable

منتظر
Do you think it's ever reasonable to say that a species is extinct?

If the god in question would be expected to have some sort of evidence, then the absence of that evidence is the evidence of the god's absence.

And there's absolutely nothing wrong with saying that because there's no evidence for your god, your god is made up. When it comes right down to it, your objection really amounts to saying that atheists can't prove that theists serendipitously stumbled onto a god-concept that matches something real, even though it was just an unjustified wild guess.

Is *your* religion an unjustified wild guess?
Which evidences can I prepare for an unlimited existence that isn't made of matter and energy?????

In this case I just can say that all these phenomena certainly has an intelligent cause that isn't made of something else
Because he himself is the first cause

These phenomena are sign and portent of his existence
Someone that can't see all these phenomena and says there is no evidence of god how can I prepare for him evidence?

U r sane right???
Show me it please
Can u?

No we just by your behavior and your statements and actions understand that u are sane

The same for god

I don't know why u accept footsteps are sign of a human for example
But can't accept all the creatures a sign of god

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
No
Just say I don't know whether exist or not

U knowledge doesn't allow u to claim that
But then I'd be lying. If I deny the evidence of my senses, I am lying.

I don't want to lie.

Somethings that we don't know are more than we know
So please just be rational
Maybe it exists
Some things that we don't know are more than we know are make-believe.

interminable

منتظر
But then I'd be lying. If I deny the evidence of my senses, I am lying.

I don't want to lie.

Some things that we don't know are more than we know are make-believe.
I'm trying to say that your senses can never sense something that isn't matter so how can u say there is no evidence so there is no God

Your senses don't tell lie

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
We know him and his attributes
How?

But we don't know and it's better to say we will never understand his nature and essence
What do you mean by "attributes" and what do you mean by "nature and essence"? How are they different?

Because we are limited and a limited thing can't reach an unlimited one
Yet you supposedly "reached" God enough to know that God exists and is unlimited? This doesn't add up.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
I'm trying to say that your senses can never sense something that isn't matter so how can u say there is no evidence so there is no God

Your senses don't tell lie
I'm apparently not so much a materialist as you are. But to suggest that there is an elephant in the room (literal) despite my senses is to propose the imagined.

My senses don't lie.

interminable

منتظر
How?

What do you mean by "attributes" and what do you mean by "nature and essence"? How are they different?

Yet you supposedly "reached" God enough to know that God exists and is unlimited? This doesn't add up.
According to infinite regress we have to accept the first cause as a creator of everything
And we have to accept that this cause has not been created by anything else so there is no time that this cause didn't exist
And we know that matter is made of components
Befor combination of components there should be a time that matter wasn't existed so first cause can't be made of matter

And now because he is first cause it means nothing existed before him so nothing can limit him
If something can limit him that thing is existed already for example if time or space can limit the first cause it means they existed before the first cause and this is contradictory because we supposed that this existence is a first cause

So he is unlimited

Ana.J

Feeling is knowing? Do you know that it's a he or feel that it's a he? She? I go with It. Gender is only required for biological reproduction.

Sometimes feeling IS knowing as if I feel something be it physical temperature or metaphysical energy I have no doubt it exists. I feel that God if far more than a gender. God is everyone and everting :) As abstract as that