• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your position about Islam

Shad

Veteran Member
The fact that these arguments present a 9 year old as capable of such a choice is beyond repugnant.

Sabour

The fact that these arguments present a 9 year old as capable of such a choice is beyond repugnant.

So, you didn't watch the videos...

I advise to look at the reply instead of assuming the response and answering.

If you are not interested in the reply, than it would be better if you didn't answer.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Aisha.jpg

This is an actual picture of a 6 year old Muslim bride.

This is why Muslim girls are forced to remain uneducated. They cannot count how old they are before they consent to marrying. We know that as a fact because we now have over 800 million Muslims who are illiterate.
The illiterate Muslim men make the same mistake, they don't know how old the girls they marry are because they cannot count either.
That 6 year old claim is disputed. Your assertion about illiteracy is wrong.

Despite these gains, 774 million adults (15 years and older) still cannot read or write – two-thirds of them (493 million) are women. Among youth, 123 million are illiterate of which 76 million are female. Even though the size of the global illiterate population is shrinking, the female proportion has remained virtually steady at 63% to 64%.

And if you look at the location of countries with the worst literacy rates, they're in central Africa 10 Countries With the Worst Literacy Rates in the World | Care2 Causes

Shad

Veteran Member
So, you didn't watch the videos...

I advise to look at the reply instead of assuming the response and answering.

If you are not interested in the reply, than it would be better if you didn't answer.

I watched the Este videos. The 3rd video uses an apocrypha source for Mary and also uses the defensive of cultural relativism as an excuse. Also I am not a Christian so the defense does not work on me. Maybe you should watch what you link :facepalm:

Last edited:

Sabour

You said

If you watched the second value you would realize that when Aisha gave the approval she was 12 years old and her parents agreed on that.

I suggest you watch the second video.

Sabour

12 years old, the same legal age to marry for a woman living in England in the Eighteenth century.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
When I ask Muslims this question, they never answer, or they change subject. the question is:
"Is it true that the founders of Islam hated Hellenism, the Hellenistic values, the Byzantine Empire...and all that was Greek?

no answer. You know...there is a proverb who says: who is silent, means yes

Sabour

When I ask Muslims this question, they never answer, or they change subject. the question is:
"Is it true that the founders of Islam hated Hellenism, the Hellenistic values, the Byzantine Empire...and all that was Greek?

no answer. You know...there is a proverb who says: who is silent, means yes

If you are asking me, than explain to me what are the hellenistic values you are talking about so that I can answer.

If you just wanted to feel comfortable about raising a point, I hope you did feel comfortable.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
If you are asking me, than explain to me what are the hellenistic values you are talking about so that I can answer.

If you just wanted to feel comfortable about raising a point, I hope you did feel comfortable.

all right...even if I already know what the answer will be. I had already listed them in the other thread.
- Democracy
- Freedom of sexual expression: women have the right to show their body and to wear provoking clothes.
- Freedom of thought: people are free not to agree with the decisions taken by the governmental assemblies.
- Freedom of religion, of association.
- Cultural Equality, or cosmopolitanism: all cultures and all religions are equal before the law and before the state authority
- Juridic equality between man and woman: women can be supreme authorities

Last edited:

Sabour

all right...even if I already know what the answer will be. I had already listed them in the other thread.
- Democracy
- Freedom of sexual expression: women have the right to show their body and to wear provoking clothes.
- Freedom of thought: people are free not to agree with the decisions taken by the governmental assemblies.
- Freedom of religion, of association.
- Cultural Equality, or cosmopolitanism: all cultures and all religions are equal before the law and before the state authority
- Juridic equality between man and woman: women can be supreme authorities

Democracy as a term is vague. There are many points included. As for what doesn't go against Islam and is socially accepted, there is no problem.

Muslim men are told to lower their gaze and are not ordered to make the women or force them to wear hijab. However we also have to be bound by what is socially accepted because the rule is that what socially accepted must be followed, if it doesnt oppose Islam.

People are free to think what they want and to live as long as they don't cooperate with the enemies in the case of war.

Bottomline is Allah commands us to behave in a certain way. Every one is free to choose the way he wants.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Democracy as a term is vague. There are many points included. As for what doesn't go against Islam and is socially accepted, there is no problem.

Muslim men are told to lower their gaze and are not ordered to make the women or force them to wear hijab. However we also have to be bound by what is socially accepted because the rule is that what socially accepted must be followed, if it doesnt oppose Islam.

People are free to think what they want and to live as long as they don't cooperate with the enemies in the case of war.

Bottomline is Allah commands us to behave in a certain way. Every one is free to choose the way he wants.

Friend, you don't need to be diplomatic. I do respect your religion and I think that the Qur'an is divinely inspired. But we must call things by their own name and be intellectually honest. The Hellenistic values are not compatible with the belief system of Islam. That's why in the Middle East any trace of Hellenism was completely and radically erased

Sabour

Friend, you don't need to be diplomatic. I do respect your religion and I think that the Qur'an is divinely inspired. But we must call things by their own name and be intellectually honest. The Hellenistic values are not compatible with the belief system of Islam. That's why in the Middle East any trace of Hellenism was completely and radically erased

I was never diplomatic when the subject is Islam. I believe in it 100 % and I give direct answers.

I am honest. I responded to the points you have provided. And I explained the answer as much as I can.

I answered you according to what Islam should be.

Sabour

No need for me to watch it a third time. He says she was 9 in the first video, 9 in the second video and the hadith says this as well.

Ok as you wish. You are free to do whatever you want.

But second time at least respect that I watched the video again so that I can give you the precise minute where he said that she was old enough to have babies and she was at least 11 years old. ( assuming that a couple of years actually meant two years)