• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your position about Islam

mahasn ebn sawresho

Being open-minded does not necessarily mean not opposing Muslim Proselitism.

It will depend on how well aware one is of the Abrahamic Faiths, as well as on the local social circunstances.
Open-mindedness
Means the rejection of Islam and the teachings of Islam and Muhammad
It's not welatlaem mind

Sabour

While I do agree that many verses are almost the same in translation, look at multiple translations of 17:104. Depending on the reading, the state of Israel exists because of Allah's will because these are the end times. Or not. So sometimes the translations are wildly different.

What do you mean by different translations? Can you link me the tranlations

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
What do you mean by different translations? Can you link me the tranlations
Sure:
"Pharoah sought to scare them [the Israelites] out of the land [of Israel]: but We [Allah] drowned him [Pharoah] together with all who were with him. Then We [Allah] said to the Israelites: 'Dwell in this land [the Land of Israel]. When the promise of the hereafter [End of Days] comes to be fulfilled, We [Allah] shall assemble you [the Israelites] all together [in the Land of Israel]."
The Qur'an and the Land of Israel

6 other translations that show how even the verb tense is translated differently:

Khalifa And we said to the Children of Israel afterwards, "Go live in this land. When the final prophecy comes to pass, we will summon you all in one group."

Yusuf Ali And We said thereafter to the Children of Israel, "Dwell securely in the land (of promise)": but when the second of the warnings came to pass, We gathered you together in a mingled crowd.

Pickthal And We said unto the Children of Israel after him: Dwell in the land; but when the promise of the Hereafter cometh to pass We shall bring you as a crowd gathered out of various nations.

Shakir And We said to the Israelites after him: Dwell in the land: and when the promise of the next life shall come to pass, we will bring you both together in judgment.

Sher Ali And after him WE said to the Children of Israel, Dwell ye in the promised land; and when the time of the promise of the Latter Days comes, WE shall bring you together out of various peoples.'

"Progressive Muslims" And We said after him to the Children of Israel: "Dwell in the land, then, when the time of the second promise comes, We will bring you all together as a mixed crowd."
http://submission.org/d/x/webqt.php was the source of the 6 translations.

Last edited:

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Open-mindedness
Means the rejection of Islam and the teachings of Islam and Muhammad

It may mean, depending on what those are found to be.

At the current day, yes, the odds are good that it will indeed generally mean just that.

Although it does get tricky to try and make such sweeping statements. There is much that is valid in Islam. But if it comes down to choosing to folllow the doctrine of the Quran over everything else...

It's not welatlaem mind

Sorry, I have no idea of what that word means.

Triumphant_Loser

Libertarian Egalitarian
That is exactly the least thoughtful response I ever read on this forum.

I agree. If you base your entire views of a religion on one event in history, then you have a pretty warped point of view In my opinion. I wonder what his thoughts are on the Crusades, the Spanish Inquisition, the Salem Witch Trials, and the Thirty Years War.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
My position is that like Christianity, Judaism, it deserves no particular respect.
No reason to think any of these religions have any authority with regards to God. However if a person gets something, purpose, security, peace, whatever, it's not really any of my business.

What you choose to believe is not important. How you treat others is what is important.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
What you choose to believe is not important. How you treat others is what is important.

applause-clipart-Applause.gif

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
I agree. If you base your entire views of a religion on one event in history, then you have a pretty warped point of view In my opinion. I wonder what his thoughts are on the Crusades, the Spanish Inquisition, the Salem Witch Trials, and the Thirty Years War.

What are your thoughts on the Crusades? (I've got no horse in the others.)

mahasn ebn sawresho

Nakosis Offline
Religion: Eclectic
Title:Uber Member

Frubals: 134
reputation_green.gif
reputation_green.gif
reputation_green.gif

icon1.gif

My position is that like Christianity, Judaism, it deserves no particular respect.
No reason to think any of these religions have any authority with regards to God. However if a person gets something, purpose, security, peace, whatever, it's not really any of my business.
=======================================
Can you tell me what is wrong with Christianity and Judaism
So I can answer

mahasn ebn sawresho

Originally Posted by Nakosis
What you choose to believe is not important. How you treat others is what is important.================================================
=======================================
This is true
It is not what I believe, but it is important to respect others
And also not to impose my faith on others by force
Do you think that the teachings of Islam
Islam did not respect the beliefs of others
Islam declares war on people
Do you believe in this religion that declares war on people
Mohamed said
It has orders to fight people
Is this a religion that respects others
And I ask you
Have you read in the Bible that says any talk of Christianity which commands for fighting

mahasn ebn sawresho

As if Catholics have any room to talk. Islam modeled its violent methods of enforcement, spreading and conversion on Christianity's.
Words of the void
Catholic
Not like Islam
The Catholics did not raise swords until they compel you to declare your acceptance of Christianity
Catholics don't they can declare war in the name of Christ
While Muslims
Massacred people
They say Allah Akbar
Have you heard of Christian sacrifice, says people in the name of the Holy Trinity
The history of the present
But history in the past when the abuses acts of Muslims
I think what I spoke about in equality between Catholics and Islam is false and has no value

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Words of the void
Catholic
Not like Islam
The Catholics did not raise swords until they compel you to declare your acceptance of Christianity
Catholics don't they can declare war in the name of Christ
While Muslims
Massacred people
They say Allah Akbar
Have you heard of Christian sacrifice, says people in the name of the Holy Trinity
The history of the present
But history in the past when the abuses acts of Muslims
I think what I spoke about in equality between Catholics and Islam is false and has no value

Catholics and Protestants went from Europe to all around the world, massacring people and committing cultural genocide. Christianity is the bloodiest and most culturally destructive religion in human history. Islam is in second place, but they seem to be working on catching up.

mahasn ebn sawresho

Catholics and Protestants went from Europe to all around the world, massacring people and committing cultural genocide. Christianity is the bloodiest and most culturally destructive religion in human history. Islam is in second place, but they seem to be working on catching up.
Type the words
I think you know nothing of European history is also
And facts
When converted to Christianity during the reign of Constantine, Rome
There was a conflict between the Roman Commander last
So the Commander and sorry I forgot his name rejected Christianity
Because they considered it was not commensurate with the spirit of Rome
In their tendency to war and world domination
Therefore, many thinkers have rejected Christianity because it's religion calls for peace and renunciation of war
And when the Church dominated Europe were the cause of the decline in European dreams
For this reason was eliminate the authority of the Vatican Lateran Treaty
The Pope became Governor in her geographical spot Vatican is ancient Rome on seven hills
And with the Roman Stadium
So I think you turn facts and not studied the history of Europe
Note that this information only, not my NetBook
Greetings to you

Saint Frankenstein

Here for the ride
Premium Member
Type the words
I think you know nothing of European history is also
And facts
When converted to Christianity during the reign of Constantine, Rome
There was a conflict between the Roman Commander last
So the Commander and sorry I forgot his name rejected Christianity
Because they considered it was not commensurate with the spirit of Rome
In their tendency to war and world domination
Therefore, many thinkers have rejected Christianity because it's religion calls for peace and renunciation of war
And when the Church dominated Europe were the cause of the decline in European dreams
For this reason was eliminate the authority of the Vatican Lateran Treaty
The Pope became Governor in her geographical spot Vatican is ancient Rome on seven hills
And with the Roman Stadium
So I think you turn facts and not studied the history of Europe
Note that this information only, not my NetBook
Greetings to you

I can assure you that I know more about European history than you do.

I have no idea what you're talking about with the Lateran Treaty and the Pope.

Actually, I don't know why you keep replying to me and I why I bother replying to you. This machine English isn't working for me and I've told you more than once that I can barely understand you. You'd probably be better off posting in Arabic and having a poster who knows Arabic on here translate for you.

mahasn ebn sawresho

All ideologies in the world with texts
Capitalism
Has texts explain the basis
Communism has written texts
Judaism has written texts
Islam has written texts
Christian has written texts
Nazism has written texts
And so with the ideologies of the world
This distinction is by text
Ecclesiastical authority in Europe the power to combine worldly and spiritual
And this can't continue
And the separation of Church and State in Europe
But with Islam will not be able to separate the State from the whole of Islam as religion and State
Is power a dictatorship uses opium to maximum
This is the difference
I laatmni for your countries that fall under these teachings
You'll find yourself in the market as jawari in Mosul
Months ago, Muslims traffic in women and children alaizidiim and Christians
At the door of lagash and bricks
I regret I don't know how to send the images to you
So you know the difference between the teachings of Jesus
And the teachings of Muhammad
All his education off
Greetings to you