• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your position about Islam

Sha'irullah

رسول الآلهة
I'm not sure that makes that much of a difference. Illiteracy is no reason to fail to notice that people are going just way too far in their supposed religious fervor.

Actually that is not the case. Illiteracy was used as a tool by the Catholics to prevent the poor from reading the Bible in its Latin form. Quakers are one of the few denominations to encourage literacy and education. It is really not until the protestant split to you see literacy being used as a tool to understand Christianity.

The Qur'an is no different since it is an ancient Arabic book that not even many Arabs can read

Sabour

Actually that is not the case. Illiteracy was used as a tool by the Catholics to prevent the poor from reading the Bible in its Latin form. Quakers are one of the few denominations to encourage literacy and education. It is really not until the protestant split to you see literacy being used as a tool to understand Christianity.

The Qur'an is no different since it is an ancient Arabic book that not even many Arabs can read

Everyone who passes grade 1 can read Arabic and therefore read the Quraan

Sabour

My question is sincere and I don't mean to offend or imply anything negative about Muslims.

Often Muslim terrorists are called "Muslim extremists" or some other term that includes "Muslim", leaving the impression that they are indeed "Muslims".

Why don't Muslims refer to such people as "apostate Muslims" or ex-Muslims. Is there a way to disassociate true Muslims from those who pervert the faith? This would allow the general public a way to reference these murderers and to reference their religion, without dragging in true Muslims.

I'm a Mormon. If there were a group of Mormons who were committing murder, they would be kicked out of the church. If they continued to call themselves Mormons, the real Mormons would clarify that these people are not "radical Mormons". Nor are they "Mormon extremists". Actually they are no longer Mormons at all. They are apostates. I would rather the media call them Mormon apostates than Mormon extremists, since the latter implies that while extreme, they are still Mormons.

We are in no position to tell who is muslim and who is not nor we can "kick" any one. It is only Allah who knows and judges sowe comment on whay we see. They claim to be muslims and claim to be following Islam. We are not sure whether this is true or not but based on their claim we call them muslims. However this may not be the case but we are in no position to judge.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Everyone who passes grade 1 can read Arabic and therefore read the Quraan
That's a stretch too far. Take a 1st or even 6th grade student in the US and ask them to understand the Bible or Constitution or even many novels. Reading is one thing. Reading comprehension is quite something else. And balancing conflicting statements is an advanced skill.

mahasn ebn sawresho

The Nazi ideology of nationalist
Not religious ideology
Hitler had used the Bible even gives justification for his actions
But Muhammad and Islam religious thought
Religious ideology used God's name in its wars and hatred of the Jews and also human
M. slaughter in one day 500 Jews before one thousand four hundred years
And he married the wife of slain leader
As the spoils of war
But Hitler did not
The Jews refused to participate in the fighting because they believe in peace
If you want a comparison between Hitler and Muhammad
I see that Hitler is better than Mohamed
He did not use God's name in its wars
Honest man
He announced
He wants to restore glory to the alambratzret Roman Germanic component of-led

mahasn ebn sawresho

We are in no position to tell who is muslim and who is not nor we can "kick" any one. It is only Allah who knows and judges sowe comment on whay we see. They claim to be muslims and claim to be following Islam. We are not sure whether this is true or not but based on their claim we call them muslims. However this may not be the case but we are in no position to judge.
These Muslims and their faith higher than your faith
They are applying Islamic law origin
As the days your Prophet Muhammad
Islam reality fighting and wars
In Mosul tevaal Muslims against Christians and yazidis
Humanitarian crimes and mass displacement
Islamic crimes
It is supported by verses of the Koran and the Koran is because of those attacks

Harikrish

But the Islamists are judging who is a true Muslim by cutting off the heads of those they suspect are bad Muslims along with foreign infidels.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
The Nazi ideology of nationalist
Not religious ideology
Hitler had used the Bible even gives justification for his actions
But Muhammad and Islam religious thought
Religious ideology used God's name in its wars and hatred of the Jews and also human
M. slaughter in one day 500 Jews before one thousand four hundred years
And he married the wife of slain leader
As the spoils of war
But Hitler did not
The Jews refused to participate in the fighting because they believe in peace
If you want a comparison between Hitler and Muhammad
I see that Hitler is better than Mohamed
He did not use God's name in its wars
Honest man
He announced
He wants to restore glory to the alambratzret Roman Germanic component of-led
you said and you are free to Believe what you said , i believe what history of Hilter said .

because if you was check the link , you will find out that :

Hilter used religious speech against the Jews , denied this is like hide the sunlight in the day . and aslo he used nationalism speech .

Sabour

That's a stretch too far. Take a 1st or even 6th grade student in the US and ask them to understand the Bible or Constitution or even many novels. Reading is one thing. Reading comprehension is quite something else. And balancing conflicting statements is an advanced skill.

There are direct verses that are clear in meaning. And some others are as you describing.

It was implied that the language of the Quraan is a dead language like that of the bible. I was clearing up that point.

Sabour

But the Islamists are judging who is a true Muslim by cutting off the heads of those they suspect are bad Muslims along with foreign infidels.

Why would you describe them as Islamists when that act is not what Islam teaches.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
There are direct verses that are clear in meaning. And some others are as you describing.

It was implied that the language of the Quraan is a dead language like that of the bible. I was clearing up that point.
I don't know Arabic but I'm aware of verses where the meaning varies wildly from translation to translation so I certainly agree that some are unclear.

And I also know that Quranic Arabic is not a dead language but there are differences between it and modern Arabic. Isn't it true that Quranic Arabic is written without vowels and "tashkil" used to add vowels? Idres Shah argued that the basis of Arabic, the abjad system, is used to encode different meanings in texts which means that different readers can derive different meanings from some verses.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Why would you describe them as Islamists when that act is not what Islam teaches.

One of the reasons is that they consistently present themselves as Muslims (which I figure means much the same thing as Islamist, doesn't it?)

Another is that there seems to be practical way to tell them out of that conviction. Or even to have a clear, unanimous statement that they are not Muslims from some recognized Muslim priest or organization.

There probably was, but obviously not enough so to actually stop or even get some sort of explanation from them.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
One of the reasons is that they consistently present themselves as Muslims (which I figure means much the same thing as Islamist, doesn't it?)

Another is that there seems to be practical way to tell them out of that conviction. Or even to have a clear, unanimous statement that they are not Muslims from some recognized Muslim priest or organization.

There probably was, but obviously not enough so to actually stop or even get some sort of explanation from them.
There have been a goodly number of fatwas against them including even one from Al Quaeda but since Islam does not allow for a "priest" or centralized hierarchy is as far as one can go.

I do think we should have a word to distinguish terrorists such as them and "Islamists" but outside of calling them apostates which they are, I'm not sure what the best word is.

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Good. Call them apostates and then they can be killed. Sounds good to me!

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Good. Call them apostates and then they can be killed. Sounds good to me!

Wait, what? I'm not sure who you are talking to, but I certainly don't think apostasy is or should ever be seen as worth of capital punishment.