• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your position about Islam

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I have noticed that. Many Muslims seem to find the idea that there is such a thing as trying too hard to be a pious Muslim odd at some level.

One wonders how capable of even perceiving excesses the average Muslim is. And how capable of advising something other than more emphasis on the Quran they are, too.

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
My question is sincere and I don't mean to offend or imply anything negative about Muslims.

Often Muslim terrorists are called "Muslim extremists" or some other term that includes "Muslim", leaving the impression that they are indeed "Muslims".

Why don't Muslims refer to such people as "apostate Muslims" or ex-Muslims. Is there a way to disassociate true Muslims from those who pervert the faith? This would allow the general public a way to reference these murderers and to reference their religion, without dragging in true Muslims.

I'm a Mormon. If there were a group of Mormons who were committing murder, they would be kicked out of the church. If they continued to call themselves Mormons, the real Mormons would clarify that these people are not "radical Mormons". Nor are they "Mormon extremists". Actually they are no longer Mormons at all. They are apostates. I would rather the media call them Mormon apostates than Mormon extremists, since the latter implies that while extreme, they are still Mormons.

This is an excellent question, and I am very interested to see the response to this.

I honestly don't know the answer.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
My question is sincere and I don't mean to offend or imply anything negative about Muslims.

Often Muslim terrorists are called "Muslim extremists" or some other term that includes "Muslim", leaving the impression that they are indeed "Muslims".

Why don't Muslims refer to such people as "apostate Muslims" or ex-Muslims. Is there a way to disassociate true Muslims from those who pervert the faith? This would allow the general public a way to reference these murderers and to reference their religion, without dragging in true Muslims.

I'm a Mormon. If there were a group of Mormons who were committing murder, they would be kicked out of the church. If they continued to call themselves Mormons, the real Mormons would clarify that these people are not "radical Mormons". Nor are they "Mormon extremists". Actually they are no longer Mormons at all. They are apostates. I would rather the media call them Mormon apostates than Mormon extremists, since the latter implies that while extreme, they are still Mormons.

I don't think it will make any difference.
Quran clearly states that a believer or a Muslim who believes its teachings and does acts/deeds as mentioned in it. Those who don'st do that they will suffer just like others who neither believed its teaching nor acted on them, label of "Islam" will not benefit anybody.

There are scores of verses to this effect, I will quote here just from one such place from Quran :

[103:1] In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful.
[103:2] By the fleeting Time,
[103:3] Surely, man is in a state of loss,
[103:4] Except those who believe and do good works, and exhort one another to accept truth, and exhort one another to be steadfast.

The Holy Quran Arabic text with Translation in English text and Search Engine - Al Islam Online

Regards

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
So you don't see any need for Muslims to question or challenge misguided understandings of Islam, paarusurrey?

Harikrish

So you don't see any need for Muslims to question or challenge misguided understandings of Islam, paarusurrey?

The problem with the majority of Muslims is they are illiterate. 800 million Muslims cannot read. So most Muslims cannot read the Quran and therefore unable to tell who is or isn't a true Muslim. The only Islamic activity we see are the kidnapping and raping of Muslim girls and the cutting of heads by those Islamists armed with box cutters and knives.

Islam is a primitive religion and promotes a primitive worldview among its followers. Founded by an illiterate prophet, Islam has mass appeal among the illiterate populations of the world.

We can only hope a few educated Muslims will survive this new Islamic purging going on in the middle-east.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
The problem with the majority of Muslims is they are illiterate. 800 million Muslims cannot read. So most Muslims cannot read the Quran and therefore unable to tell who is or isn't a true Muslim. The only Islamic activity we see are the kidnapping and raping of Muslim girls and the cutting of heads by those Islamists armed with box cutters and knives.

Islam is a primitive religion and promotes a primitive worldview among its followers. Founded by an illiterate prophet, Islam has mass appeal among the illiterate populations of the world.

We can only hope a few educated Muslims will survive this new Islamic purging going on in the middle-east.
So most Muslims cannot read the Quran and therefore unable to tell who is or isn't a true Muslim.

There is no harm if Muslims are given good education in the West on priority basis.
The West could also open good institutions to educate Muslims with all the resources they have instead of blaming them.
The Muslim seminaries focus only in reciting Quran, the West could help them understanding the true meaning of Quran.

Regards

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Please....are you serious?
A woman has the right to wear whatever she wants. The freedom of expression is sacred; God has given women beauty so they could show it.

Despising woman's body is like despising God's creation.
Besides...a woman is not inferior to man. Why do men have the right to wear whatever they want, whereas women don't?

Sexy clothes are for seducing men. What's wrong with that?

Anyone can wear what one wishes but that doesn't mean it won't be a sin. What is a right in society is not the same thing as what is right in God's eyes.

I would love to see evidence provided for this. Good luck.

I believe this fits into the marijauna argument that God gave the weed so it could be smoked. I don't believe one can figure God's reasoning from appearances.

I don't believe anyone said anyhting about despising a woman's body.

I believe men are less inclined this way but there are injunctions as to what men wear also.

I believe that is compulsion and I don't believe in forming relationships besed on being forced to do so.

well...adults are supposed to have a healthy relationship with the opposite gender and still they don't.
But as for Christianity...I truly believe that wearing provoking and sexy clothes is not a sin. It is a sin to despise woman's body.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I have noticed that. Many Muslims seem to find the idea that there is such a thing as trying too hard to be a pious Muslim odd at some level.

One wonders how capable of even perceiving excesses the average Muslim is. And how capable of advising something other than more emphasis on the Quran they are, too.
It's a question that could be asked of any religion's adherents.

My question is a bit different: what do you consider the duties of a pious Muslim to be and which groups do you feel fail in those duties? I would expect all Muslims to refer to the five pillars of Islam including the requirement of giving charity (zakat). I would further ask such people if they know who is eligible to receive charity according to the Quran. Those who can't answer those two questions could be labeled as ignorant of the basic requirements of being a Muslim.

The question of charity is an interesting one because some believe that non-Muslims can receive such charity and some do not. So that might be a followup question.

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
Originally Posted by Scott C.

The fact is we the muslims are fighting these people by the ideology , and by gun on the ground .

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member

I'm not sure that makes that much of a difference. Illiteracy is no reason to fail to notice that people are going just way too far in their supposed religious fervor.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
They could ask any questions, no prohibition.

Regards

My question is not about whether they are allowed, but rather about whether they should - and perhaps most important even, whether they should feel entitled not to.

How far should one go before other Muslims decide something is wrong?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
It's a question that could be asked of any religion's adherents.

One that must be asked of all, IMO. And one that hasn't been answered too well by Christianity and just barely acknowledged (if at all) by Islam, far as I know.

My question is a bit different: what do you consider the duties of a pious Muslim to be and which groups do you feel fail in those duties? I would expect all Muslims to refer to the five pillars of Islam including the requirement of giving charity (zakat). I would further ask such people if they know who is eligible to receive charity according to the Quran. Those who can't answer those two questions could be labeled as ignorant of the basic requirements of being a Muslim.

I will leave to Muslims to decide what makes one a Muslim. But I expect everyone to care for the basic decency of their own faiths.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
And how much violence are you entitled to do before it becomes clear that it is simply Too Much?

as much each as muslims in the world , until we eliminated them .
as the West eliminated the Nazis before .

Godobeyer

Premium Member
But muslims do nothing about their own problems

must wait for west to bail them out again
Good point , accuatly the Muslims countries could alone take care for them selfs , i don't know why some of them asked for Western help,.

your taxes used for helping terrorists in Syria, whom fought Syrian Army for 3 years , now your taxes used for fighting them !!! so ISIS and ISL are just burned cards .extactly as Alqaeda and Taliban before .

The West moved against ISIS and ISL, just when ISIS attacked the Christians in Iraq .

Last edited:

mahasn ebn sawresho

Good point , accuatly the Muslims countries could alone take care for them selfs , i don't know why some of them asked for Western help,.

your taxes used for helping terrorists in Syria, whom fought Syrian Army for 3 years , now your taxes used for fighting them !!! so ISIS and ISL are just burned cards .extactly as Alqaeda and Taliban before .

The West moved against ISIS and ISL, just when ISIS attacked the Christians in Iraq .
This is not true
I am a Christian from that city
I know its history and I know well it's my city
And the West and America did not move to protect any Christian
Muslims in Mosul has done acts of barbarity and brutality
And expelled all Christians are
Note that of the natives
America has moved and is moving to protect its interests
Islam is the cause of human suffering

mahasn ebn sawresho

But muslims do nothing about their own problems

must wait for west to bail them out again
America and the West don't they intervene in the religious reason
They intervene to protect their interests only
The regime of Saddam Hussein regime after Saddam
America came to Iraq with Saudi Arabia and other Arab

mahasn ebn sawresho

as much each as muslims in the world , until we eliminated them .
as the West eliminated the Nazis before .
Do you say Islam equals Nazism
The Nazi ideology of nationalist
Islam and its religious and pan-Arab ideology
But Islam is a special anesthesia
Is it God
And for God to fight