• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your position about Islam

outhouse

Atheistically
How does that not pertain to the OT as well? I admit the stories contained therein are allegorical, as you know, but the stories contain similarities. People of the Jewish and Christian faiths follow stories like that of Lot and Sodom and most of those stories were taken from older myths as well, as you well know. How is there any significant difference?

It is not the OT that is different.

It Is the followers.

Jews typically don't look at the OT as literal, and only 40% of Christian view it as true literal events. As to where 100% of muslims follow the book as the word of god.

JoStories

It Is the followers.

Jews typically don't look at the OT as literal, and only 40% of Christian view it as true literal events. As to where 100% of muslims follow the book as the word of god.
Not to nitpick but do you have proof of that 100% ascertain? I would be willing to bet no one has asked every single one of them.

outhouse

Atheistically
Not to nitpick but do you have proof of that 100% ascertain?

I do not have proof, other then the teachings central to the religion do not let moderate views that go against the center core of the teachings.

In islam you either believe in muhammad talked to god and all the trimmings that go with it, or your not a muslim.

I have never met a muslim that does not believe in moses, noah and abraham, and never would they dream of their most holy prophet copying taditions. Its just against islam, not part of moderation.

mahasn ebn sawresho

It Is the followers.

Do you think that the Koran is the word of God ???
And the education of the fighting ??
Gin and has a sura in the Koran?
The Koran declares that men are better than women
And the Koran in which sexual practices of Muhammad ??
Do you think that the word of God, according to your studies

JoStories

Please do. I want to be corrected, and I want to be wrong. Its how I learn ;) The hard drive is always hungry :)

The day I cannot be corrected, is the day I quit my study.
My only wish is that you would set your enmity aside and try to see those Muslims like those I have met and talked to and see it is not as black and white as you think it is sugar. I do believe you are wrong. I wish I could introduce you to my friends and that you would talk and learn from them.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Do you feel the same about Christianity or Buddhism or Judaism or any other faith? Your view, IMO, is heavily biased. No offense Pyscho but it seems hardly fair to me.
No I don't feel the same way towards Buddhism, or Hinduism, but Christianity, Judaism, and Muslim. I do, these mainly three religions have caused nothing but misery on this planet, and we would be better of without them.

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
No I don't feel the same way towards Buddhism, or Hinduism, but Christianity, Judaism, and Muslim. I do, these mainly three religions have caused nothing but misery on this planet, and we would be better of without them.

Yes, these monotheistic religions have done a lot of damage over the last 2000 years. Such an immature belief system, so prone to fundamentalism, oppression and violence.

MARCELLO

Transitioning from male to female
I live among them. They look very very normal,talkative,descent,helpful.I can even understand their polygamy ( due to poverty 2nd wives will prostitute or beg on the street if they are not married) There is no real social security system that's why they are making 8 babies so that their children can take care of them when they are old. I talked even about my gayness with some of them, they say they have gays too, God makes you like this,you are not like a curse mentioned in Koran,that was different.

I drink with them,smoke with them,joke with them.I enjoy their friendship .

But I don't know.

outhouse

Atheistically
My only wish is that you would set your enmity aside and try to see those Muslims like those I have met and talked to and see it is not as black and white as you think it is sugar

My extended family are the nicest people in person. Its very complex and dynamic I agree. maybe I'm looking at the negative too much.

I do believe you are wrong

I probably am. But this is how I'm looking at it.

Here is my point, Its not fair but it is a similar example. Nazis lined up Jews and murdered them genocidal style. Sects in Islam are doing this also. Not all Nazi's were bad people, most were typical Germans but they needed to be stopped.

You could sit down to dinner with Nazi's and they were regular German people many with good hearts and very intelligent.

I honestly believe islam is much more fundamental then any other religion because as a whole it requires you to live the beliefs, not just practice them.

Now I do think YEC, and orthodox Jews, and all of Islam can be put in the same fundamental box so to speak. Am I wrong on that? None of these groups understand moderation.

The way I see it, is orthodox Jews are the minority of a small religious group who is for the most part non violent. All people can be but we don't read about them in the news daily.

YEC are a huge number and do pose a serious problem to academia in the USA which polls have shown to be about 40% of the population. But again for the most part non violent as a religious group.

Islam is committing genocide, and they have a long history of this. Much the same way Germany did, and we were not at war with Nazi's, we were at war with Germany.

So I'm going about this the wrong way, but when I think about 9/11 I think about Islamic problems that killed our brothers and I don't want it to happen again and again and again.

Last edited:

RAYYAN

Proud Muslim
Do you think that the Koran is the word of God ???
And the education of the fighting ??
Gin and has a sura in the Koran?
The Koran declares that men are better than women
And the Koran in which sexual practices of Muhammad ??
Do you think that the word of God, according to your studies

I would have a debate with you if you really can spell or express what you want to say. Stop this hate that you spread in every forum you are on.

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
I believe the Shiites did what the Bible said they would do, exchange belief in Allah for a belief in Ares, the god of War. No doubt a great many Muslims today follow Ares instead of Allah.

It's not a problem confined to Shia Islam. Islamic State is a Salafi/Wahabbi movement. Salafism & Wahabbism are both from the Sunni side of Islam.

mahasn ebn sawresho

I respect your opinion, but there is an important difference between the three
Christ said to his followers
God so loved the world
As I have loved
Here the message of love is the essence of the teachings of Christ
. If the teachings of the Buddha are the same as those teachings
I agree with you and met with you too
Religion is important in the message of love
Islam is wrong, and that is that, no need for augments.

MARCELLO

Transitioning from male to female
And when I say their wrong I am also saying most religions are wrong, especially those who poison the world around them..
Don't worry dear,we all know that you have a wonderful heart. Maybe you cut it too short to express your feelings.

mahasn ebn sawresho

I would have a debate with you if you really can spell or express what you want to say. Stop this hate that you spread in every forum you are on.
We welcome you in dialogue
But honesty is the key to the truth
When he declares that the Koran is the word of God, you must prove that you
And when I tell you that it is not the Word of God
I offer you the evidence from the Koran and logic also
This is the style of dialogue which is not hatred
But dialogue and dialogue means honesty