• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your saved as soon as you accept jesus.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
People think there is some process to go through, but it isn't the case. All one has to do is accept Jesus, and their saved. No magic ceremonies required.

Thanks

.....My OP.^

My original reply was "I don't need Jesus, but thank you".
Where did I say you /or anyone. ''needed Jesus''? Yet, you imply it by saying, 'no thanks', like I said it.
"The second one, was I understand that your post is from a Christian perspective". Before I got in to asking my questions.
'Christian perspective'. Vague. In fact meaningless, isn't it? It's actually very strawman flavored imo.
Also, how are you sure it's from a Christian perspective'? I'm syncretic, so that's only partly true.
If you think these statements 'represent' my OP, then there is really nothing else I can say.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
.....My OP.^

Where did I say you /or anyone. ''needed Jesus''? Yet, you imply it by saying, 'no thanks', like I said it.

'Christian perspective'. Vague. In fact meaningless, isn't it? It's actually very strawman flavored imo.
Also, how are you sure it's from a Christian perspective'? I'm syncretic, so that's only partly true.
If you think these statements 'represent' my OP, then there is really nothing else I can say.

Ok, so I may have made some assumptions about the OP. There was a lot of wiggle room IMO, since the intent of the post, and the view of the poster (you) was not made very clear.

If you think I misrepresented then I will apologize.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
It will be a hell of a too late religious awakening when you discover it wasn't an attempt.

Huh? Are you done just randomly spouting nonsense?

I am willing to engage in discussion/debate. But not if all you are going to do is repeat the same "doom and gloom" to me.

Yes

Oh how I love the Word of God!
What do you base your faith on? The Spirit gives all the evidence required.

Isa 57:15 For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones.
In Isaiah, God was speaking to His children, children who had His commandments. His children are expected to obey Him.
Is obeying Jesus making the heart and spirit contrite and humble?
We must obey Jesus to be saved. We must humble ourselves.

This is difficult to do because there must be a transformation and renewal of the mind from unbelief to fully believing in God and then one can be a partaker of the divine nature.
Jesus tells us what we have to do to be saved. We do not even receive the Holy Spirit unless we obey, see Acts 5:32. Jesus gives the Holy Spirit to those he accepts, see Acts 15:8. Jesus accepts those who fear God and does what is right, see Acts 10:35.
Psa 34:18 The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
Psa 51:17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

Perhaps this is why the eternal God places His Spirit in me, beginning from 26 years.
We have to admit we are sinners and be sorry for our sins. We have to repent of our sins, and prove our repentance. We have to call on the Lord to help us.

Yes

"For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God's sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous." ROM. 2:13
The works we are not saved by are the ceremonial works. Those are the works that do not save. We still have to obey.
Jesus taught for us to obey, as did everyone else in the Bible.

Yes

it·er·a·tion
ˌitəˈrāSHən/
noun
  1. the repetition of a process or utterance.

There have been many people throughout the history of man, who have nearly identical stories to the one of Jesus. Including dying for the sins of man.

There is no one else like Jesus. Jesus did not come to earth to be anyone's son, or husband to a wife, or many wives, or to have children. Jesus did not have material possessions and a mansion. Jesus came to earth to show us the way, to die for our sins, to reconcile us to God.
Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
There is no one else like Jesus. Jesus did not come to earth to be anyone's son, or husband to a wife, or many wives, or to have children. Jesus did not have material possessions and a mansion. Jesus came to earth to show us the way, to die for our sins, to reconcile us to God.
Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.

Please refer to my post on Attis of Phrygia. Who also came to Earth for the sole purpose of saving mankind in many of the exact same ways that Jesus did.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
Mine is real, and yours is not.

Pretty bold statement claiming other peoples views false and only yours correct. Quite ballsy and un-christian like IMO. But please. Continue to tell other people they believe in a fake god and how only your's could possibly be the only truth ever. I am sure that has won many peoples respect in the past.

Yes

Dionysus?

Born of a virgin on December 25 and, as the Holy Child, was placed in a manger. He was a traveling teacher who performed miracles. He “rode in a triumphal procession on an ***.” He was a sacred king killed and eaten in an eucharistic ritual for fecundity and purification. Dionysus rose from the dead on March 25. He was the God of the Vine, and turned water into wine. He was called “King of Kings” and “God of Gods.” He was considered the “Only Begotten Son,” Savior,” “Redeemer,” “Sin Bearer,” Anointed One,” and the “Alpha and Omega.” He was identified with the Ram or Lamb. His sacrificial title of “Dendrites” or “Young Man of the Tree” intimates he was hung on a tree or crucified.
Satan and his angels were thrown down to earth. Satan knew the Messiah would come, and he made many copy-cat messiahs/gods, before Jesus came to earth in the flesh. When Satan came to earth, he made copy-cat stories, and promoted gods of stone and wood. These ‘gods’ are really demons, and believing in these gods is the worship of demons.

Many nations have these demonic gods. In Egypt, Isis is a goddess worshipped, as is her consort, the sun god Ra. Isis is the mother of many gods. She also had a son, Horus, who was called divine. One can study about the Norse Gods — Odin, Thor, Balder, Frey, Freya, and Loki; and, Hindu gods, and Greek gods.
We see in the Bible where people worshiped goat and calf idols. In the book of Ezekiel we read about the image of jealousy set up at the gate of the altar Ezekiel 8:5, and 6, to provoke God of Israel to anger.
1 Corinthians 10:20 No, but the sacrifices of pagans are offered to demons, not to God, and I do not want you to be participants with demons.

Yes

Pretty bold statement claiming other peoples views false and only yours correct. Quite ballsy and un-christian like IMO. But please. Continue to tell other people they believe in a fake god and how only your's could possibly be the only truth ever. I am sure that has won many peoples respect in the past.
I care very little how you or any person judges me.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
Satan and his angels were thrown down to earth. Satan knew the Messiah would come, and he made many copy-cat messiahs/gods, before Jesus came to earth in the flesh. When Satan came to earth, he made copy-cat stories, and promoted gods of stone and wood. These ‘gods’ are really demons, and believing in these gods is the worship of demons.

Many nations have these demonic gods. In Egypt, Isis is a goddess worshipped, as is her consort, the sun god Ra. Isis is the mother of many gods. She also had a son, Horus, who was called divine. One can study about the Norse Gods — Odin, Thor, Balder, Frey, Freya, and Loki; and, Hindu gods, and Greek gods.
We see in the Bible where people worshiped goat and calf idols. In the book of Ezekiel we read about the image of jealousy set up at the gate of the altar Ezekiel 8:5, and 6, to provoke God of Israel to anger.
1 Corinthians 10:20 No, but the sacrifices of pagans are offered to demons, not to God, and I do not want you to be participants with demons.

You can attempt to prove you are correct using only your own scriptures, that's fine. Just like I can prove I am correct in the exact same ways. That way neither of us can be proven wrong :).

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
Don't pretend you understand.

I was Christian for 25 years, and more devout then you know. So don't pretend to know anything about me, thank you.

Maybe I was tempted away by "Satan" as you would say. Or maybe the more I studied Christianity in school, and in church the more I realized it was not for me.

Yes

You can attempt to prove you are correct using only your own scriptures, that's fine. Just like I can prove I am correct in the exact same ways. That way neither of us can be proven wrong :).
If you want to know for yourself if Jesus is the Truth, then you can find out. You have to get his teachings and obey them.