• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your saved as soon as you accept jesus.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
What?
Because I'm talking about Jesus. specifically.

If you didn't want other opinions then why is this in GRD, and not same-faith or something like that?

EDITED: To talk about Jesus specifically in a 'general religious debate' section, is going to invite the question from people of other faiths to chime in and ask, "why Jesus?"

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
If you didn't want other opinions then why is this in GRD, and not same-faith or something like that?
No idea what your talking about. I never said that. Having fun making things up?
I knew that putting this in grd would garner different types of responses.

You aren't making sense, sorry.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
"Christ like literation" ?/
No idea what that means. I'm not saying Jesus is a 'Christ like literation'/

it·er·a·tion
ˌitəˈrāSHən/
noun
  1. the repetition of a process or utterance.

There have been many people throughout the history of man, who have nearly identical stories to the one of Jesus. Including dying for the sins of man.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
From a previous post: EDITED: To talk about Jesus specifically in a 'general religious debate' section, is going to invite the question from people of other faiths to chime in and ask, "why Jesus?"

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Zoroaster=not like Jesus //at all/
Mohammad=not like Jesus //at all
some other figures=vaguely like Jesus. Not really, sorta.
I have read the Bhagavad Gita in the manner explained by Prabhupada; in this sense, we have a similarity to Jesus.
Many however disagree with this type of theism.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
What about Attis of Phrygia?

Attis was born on December 25 of the Virgin Nana. He was considered the savior who was slain for the salvation of mankind. His body as bread was eaten by his worshippers. He was both the Divine Son and the Father. On “Black Friday,” he was crucified on a tree, from which his holy blood ran down to redeem the earth. He descended into the underworld. After three days, Attis was resurrected.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
Zoroaster: Zoroaster was born of a virgin and “immaculate conception by a ray of divine reason.” He was baptized in a river. In his youth he astounded wise men with his wisdom. He was tempted in the wilderness by the devil. He began his ministry at age 30. Zoroaster baptized with water, fire and “holy wind.” He cast out demons and restored the sight to a blind man. He taught about heaven and hell, and revealed mysteries, including resurrection, judgment, salvation and the apocalypse. He had a sacred cup or grail. He was slain. His religion had a eucharist. He was the “Word made flesh.” Zoroaster’s followers expected a “second coming” in the virgin-born Saoshynt or Savior, who is to come in 2341 AD and begin his ministry at age 30, ushering in a golden age.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
Dionysus?

Born of a virgin on December 25 and, as the Holy Child, was placed in a manger. He was a traveling teacher who performed miracles. He “rode in a triumphal procession on an ***.” He was a sacred king killed and eaten in an eucharistic ritual for fecundity and purification. Dionysus rose from the dead on March 25. He was the God of the Vine, and turned water into wine. He was called “King of Kings” and “God of Gods.” He was considered the “Only Begotten Son,” Savior,” “Redeemer,” “Sin Bearer,” Anointed One,” and the “Alpha and Omega.” He was identified with the Ram or Lamb. His sacrificial title of “Dendrites” or “Young Man of the Tree” intimates he was hung on a tree or crucified.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
I'm not understanding your point. I can tell you about the 'differences' , you aren't asking me. Your trying to tell me things. Great. But why form your statements/ beliefs in the manner of a question. I'm not asking the questions your trying to answer. Those are your questions.

That is because you are refusing to answer the basic question that I asked. Whether or not it is what you intended, is of no consequence, it was what I read from the OP.

So again? Why Jesus. That is all I am honestly asking. All that is needed is for me to accept Jesus to be saved. Why?

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Zoroaster: Zoroaster was born of a virgin and “immaculate conception by a ray of divine reason.” He was baptized in a river. In his youth he astounded wise men with his wisdom. He was tempted in the wilderness by the devil. He began his ministry at age 30. Zoroaster baptized with water, fire and “holy wind.” He cast out demons and restored the sight to a blind man. He taught about heaven and hell, and revealed mysteries, including resurrection, judgment, salvation and the apocalypse. He had a sacred cup or grail. He was slain. His religion had a eucharist. He was the “Word made flesh.” Zoroaster’s followers expected a “second coming” in the virgin-born Saoshynt or Savior, who is to come in 2341 AD and begin his ministry at age 30, ushering in a golden age.

Dionysus?

Born of a virgin on December 25 and, as the Holy Child, was placed in a manger. He was a traveling teacher who performed miracles. He “rode in a triumphal procession on an ***.” He was a sacred king killed and eaten in an eucharistic ritual for fecundity and purification. Dionysus rose from the dead on March 25. He was the God of the Vine, and turned water into wine. He was called “King of Kings” and “God of Gods.” He was considered the “Only Begotten Son,” Savior,” “Redeemer,” “Sin Bearer,” Anointed One,” and the “Alpha and Omega.” He was identified with the Ram or Lamb. His sacrificial title of “Dendrites” or “Young Man of the Tree” intimates he was hung on a tree or crucified.

So what?

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
It's not a silly question at all. There are many other paths, you are right. This was the path that I chose that is right for me. I don't tell others "accept Odin and be saved."

Had I posted that question here in the GRD, I would have expected the same types of questions that I asked you, to be asked of me. If I wanted to make a statement I would do it in the same-faith discussion DIR's.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
It's not a silly question at all. There are many other paths, you are right. This was the path that I chose that is right for me. I don't tell others "accept Odin and be saved."

Had I posted that question here in the GRD, I would have expected the same types of questions that I asked you, to be asked of me. If I wanted to make a statement I would do it in the same-faith discussion DIR's.

I don't care what/who people worship, first off.
Secondly, the OP is a statement, not a '''statement of faith''.
Your strawmen are vaguely fun, but's getting tiring.
Might want to come up with a real argument.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
6y7
I don't care what/who people worship, first off.
Secondly, the OP is a statement, not a '''statement of faith''.
Your strawmen are vaguely fun, but's getting tiring.
Might want to come up with a real argument.

Strawman argument? All I did was pose an opinion and ask a question, that was all. Not accusing anyone of anything, or misrepresenting your OP. In fact I replied to the original OP twice, before asking my own question. The only tiring thing here is your ability to provide an actual answer to my question. I was honestly looking for an answer. *shrug*

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
6y7

Strawman argument? All I did was pose an opinion and ask a question, that was all. Not accusing anyone of anything, or misrepresenting your OP. In fact I replied to the original OP twice, before asking my own question. The only tiring thing here is your ability to provide an actual answer to my question. I was honestly looking for an answer. *shrug*
You completely misrepresented my OP lol.
I'm going to have to go back to find the points you made that were relevant to the OP, in fact.

The Hammer

Skald
Premium Member
You completely misrepresented my OP lol.
I'm going to have to go back to find the points you made that were relevant to the OP, in fact.

My original reply was "I don't need Jesus, but thank you".

"The second one, was I understand that your post is from a Christian perspective". Before I got in to asking my questions.