• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your saved as soon as you accept jesus.

Draka

Wonder Woman
I can prove my beliefs by the scriptures.
We can know God's Truth.
But you can't prove the scriptures you hold to are exactly what they say they are. They only validate themselves. You can't prove them with anything outside of them. This is why I said before what I did. The outlook that you and others like you have, even if you don't put it into words...the bible says it is the "Word of God", the "Word of God" is the truth, since the "Word of God" is the truth and the bible is the "Word of God" then the bible is true. It is simply circular reasoning. You have nothing to actually prove that. So it truly makes this next statement ridiculous and presumptuous because, quite honestly, you don't know. You just believe. why don't you understand that?
Mine is real, and yours is not.
This is just laugh worthy.

Yes

Oh how I love the Word of God!
But you can't prove the scriptures you hold to are exactly what they say they are. They only validate themselves. You can't prove them with anything outside of them. This is why I said before what I did. The outlook that you and others like you have, even if you don't put it into words...the bible says it is the "Word of God", the "Word of God" is the truth, since the "Word of God" is the truth and the bible is the "Word of God" then the bible is true. It is simply circular reasoning. You have nothing to actually prove that. So it truly makes this next statement ridiculous and presumptuous because, quite honestly, you don't know. You just believe. why don't you understand that?

This is just laugh worthy.
I told you that Jesus reveals himself to those who get his teachings and obeys them.

You will just have to get Jesus' teachings and obey them.

Draka

Wonder Woman
I told you that Jesus reveals himself to those who get his teachings and obeys them.

Oh how I miss the facepalm smiley.

How many times will you give that claim? Especially when I point out time and time again that your "teachings" come from a book that you can't back up? Look, it's essentially the same as me handing you a book that tells you that if you stand on one foot for 3 minutes, while facing south, and chant "java java mucha java" the entire time in a falsetto voice, that the great coffee lord Juan Valdezini will appear to you and grant you eternal java joy, and if he doesn't, well then you just don't believe in him hard enough or are doing something wrong (perhaps your voice isn't high enough or you wobbled while you were balancing on one foot). Why is it the same? Because just like the bible there is nothing in the world to back up what it says. Juan Valdezini, in his great java goodness, has the same amount of proof as your god. And what is that? A book no one can verify the contents of.

Validate the bible, and it's contents, proving them true, without using the bible or just saying to follow it and you will see. You can't prove it...you are on the exact same footing as everyone else with different beliefs. Yours is no better, no more accurate, no more correct than anyone else's.

AllanV

If you are applying the intellect and trying to understand Him then that is completely untrue. I had never read the book or could have understood it.
A spontaneous experience opened my mind up. There were no distractions in the way I lived and the choices made possibly caused me to be receptive to the creative power of this whole universe.
Any conversion is by the Spirit and this becomes evidence and gives a person faith.
To be converted through the intellect only brings confusing doctrinal differences and the many religions.
How does one know it is the correct spirit? The spirit actually witnesses this and the scriptures are then a reproof.

Last edited:

Yes

Oh how I miss the facepalm smiley.

How many times will you give that claim? Especially when I point out time and time again that your "teachings" come from a book that you can't back up?
What don't you get about do what Jesus says then you will find out?

Look, it's essentially the same as me handing you a book that tells you that if you stand on one foot for 3 minutes, while facing south, and chant "java java mucha java" the entire time in a falsetto voice, that the great coffee lord Juan Valdezini will appear to you and grant you eternal java joy, and if he doesn't, well then you just don't believe in him hard enough or are doing something wrong (perhaps your voice isn't high enough or you wobbled while you were balancing on one foot). Why is it the same? Because just like the bible there is nothing in the world to back up what it says. Juan Valdezini, in his great java goodness, has the same amount of proof as your god. And what is that? A book no one can verify the contents of.

Validate the bible, and it's contents, proving them true, without using the bible or just saying to follow it and you will see. You can't prove it...you are on the exact same footing as everyone else with different beliefs. Yours is no better, no more accurate, no more correct than anyone else's.

What do you got to lose? You are giving your worthless opinions about the Bible. Speak to me with knowledge and experience. You can only get it by doing what Jesus says.

Yes

If you are applying the intellect and trying to understand Him then that is completely untrue. I had never read the book or could have understood it.
A spontaneous experience opened my mind up. There were no distractions in the way I lived and the choices made possibly caused me to be receptive to the creative power of this whole universe.
Any conversion is by the Spirit and this becomes evidence and gives a person faith.
To be converted through the intellect only brings confusing doctrinal differences and the many religions.
How does one know it is the correct spirit? The spirit actually witnesses this and the scriptures are then a reproof.
You do not even get the Holy Spirit until after you obey. See Acts 5:32

Draka

Wonder Woman
What don't you get about do what Jesus says then you will find out?
What don't you get about someone wondering why on Earth should they "follow" what someone says who may or may not have even existed (not to mention that even if they did exist it is highly unlikely they were what they were purported to be and their "words" were actually gotten down correctly)? Why should anyone want to find out? Why bother? Unless one actually already believes they need to or should for some reason why bother? You are not giving any reason as to why I should even want to "find out". You have not proven to me that these entities you believe in actually exist/existed. You're asking me to just follow the rules of Hogwart's and I will learn the way of the wizard when you have not proven Hogwart's exists at all.
What do you got to lose? You are giving your worthless opinions about the Bible. Speak to me with knowledge and experience. You can only get it by doing what Jesus says.
I'm sorry, but I do not subscribe to Pascal's Wager. and just because you believe my opinions upon the bible are "worthless" or without "knowledge and experience" doesn't make you right. Just like espousing the same lines over and over again about Jesus and the bible do not make you right either. A bit deluded with a big ego perhaps, but certainly not right.

Yes

What don't you get about someone wondering why on Earth should they "follow" what someone says who may or may not have even existed (not to mention that even if they did exist it is highly unlikely they were what they were purported to be and their "words" were actually gotten down correctly)?
Why should anyone want to find out? Why bother? Unless one actually already believes they need to or should for some reason why bother? You are not giving any reason as to why I should even want to "find out". You have not proven to me that these entities you believe in actually exist/existed. You're asking me to just follow the rules of Hogwart's and I will learn the way of the wizard when you have not proven Hogwart's exists at all.
I'm sorry, but I do not subscribe to Pascal's Wager. and just because you believe my opinions upon the bible are "worthless" or without "knowledge and experience" doesn't make you right. Just like espousing the same lines over and over again about Jesus and the bible do not make you right either. A bit deluded with a big ego perhaps, but certainly not right.
What don't you get about you do not have to? However, if you don't, then stop speaking about Jesus and the Bible as if you know what you are talking about.

Draka

Wonder Woman
What don't you get about you do not have to? However, if you don't, then stop speaking about Jesus and the Bible as if you know what you are talking about.
Sure thing, when you stop speaking as if you have and know all the answers.

AllanV

You do not even get the Holy Spirit until after you obey. See Acts 5:32

What do you base your faith on? The Spirit gives all the evidence required.

Isa 57:15 For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones.

Is obeying Jesus making the heart and spirit contrite and humble?
This is difficult to do because there must be a transformation and renewal of the mind from unbelief to fully believing in God and then one can be a partaker of the divine nature.

Psa 34:18 The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
Psa 51:17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

Perhaps this is why the eternal God places His Spirit in me, beginning from 26 years.

Draka

Wonder Woman
I know God and Jesus Christ my Lord and Savior.
I know you use circular reasoning and can't answer a question straight on.

Oh, and you don't know...you believe. I do think I've mentioned that before.

AllanV

The heart needs a transformation with a renewal of the mind. It becomes a matter of understanding what mind is and how it works. If this was easy to renew everyone would do it. But people are unable to let their old mind go.

Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

2Co 3:3 Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

If a contrite and broken heart and spirit are found then this is the nature of Jesus and God will energize the Love in it.