• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your view on abortion. Atheist welcome.

leahrachelle

Because you are speaking from ignorance.
You know nothing about the adoption business.
If you did, you would realize how ridiculous your argument is.
I DID NOT SAY ADOPTION WAS THE MAIN SOLUTION TO ABORTION, OKAY. It is ONE solution, and it is a SMALL one.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
To all of you that want to argue that abortion is what's best for the CHILD, please go find me some statistics on how many women had their abortion because it was what was best for the CHILD. -_-

Its NOT a child!!!

I dont need statistics to tell you that.."Children" arent aborted!!

love

Dallas

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
Why is it permissible to treat women as if they are incompetent to decide for themselves what to do in this matter?

I would say it might have to do with the mentality of the way people think about women since the dawn of Man. Man know it all women don't and we have to decide for them..... Yeah I know it's not right.

idea

Question Everything
And there are thousands upon thousands of more children. You can't seriously think that there are foster parents for every child that needs adopting, and furthermore, even if you did, you DO realize that a fosterparent is completely different from an adoptive parent, right? One keeps you forever, the other keeps you until they can't bother with you anymore and ship you off to another foster home, where your new foster parents there couldn't give a **** about you either.

Is most cases, darling, when you're a foster child, you're a paycheck and nothing more. Now THAT is definitely the life I'd want a child to live. Knowing that their mother gave them up, and no one loves them, no one really wants them, and then finally, they'll just get lost in the system. That SURE IS a great life you've got going for all these children you're trying to save, Leah.

My M.I.L. keeps foster kids, lots of them. She was one herself, that is why she does it. (there is not much money in it actually). The kids in foster care are not up for adoption. Their parents still want them, the parents are just in messy situations, in jail, or etc. etc... waiting until they can get back on their feet and get their kids back etc. Of the 50+ kids she had, only 2, a brother and a sister, were adopted - they were adopted very quickly.

People go to China, India, etc. to adopt kids, because there are not that many in the US...

Just FYI.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
My M.I.L. keeps foster kids, lots of them. She was one herself, that is why she does it. (there is not much money in it actually). The kids in foster care are not up for adoption. Their parents still want them, the parents are just in messy situations, in jail, or etc. etc... waiting until they can get back on their feet and get their kids back etc. Of the 50+ kids she had, only 2, a brother and a sister, were adopted - they were adopted very quickly.
Not all of them. I knew a 17 year old mother of three who was still a ward of the state because her mother had been found unfit and she was never adopted. I also knew a mother whose children were removed from her, who saw it as an oppurtunity to move to Hawaii. My anecdotes are as valid as yours.

People go to China, India, etc. to adopt kids, because there are not that many in the US...
No, they go because it's trendy.

idea

Question Everything
You are not listening.
Adoption is not a solution.

Why is adoption not a solution? Instead of sucking their brains out at 20 weeks, why don't they just let them deliver them whole instead? See if they can live?

Let me ask you a question. when med advances to the point that they don't need a womb anymore - someone does not want their body used for another life - fine, it's not a matter of "woman's right to her body" anymore - does she still have the right to kill her child after they can survive without her?

I guess some people respect life, and others don't.

Comicaze247

See the previous line

Just FYI.
Actually, it's because they feel sorry for the kids that have to grow up in an incredibly overpopulated country. Also to save them from the fate that many children in India go through: being sold in the sex trade.
India's sex trade exposed - The Sex Industry, Love & Sex - The Independent

EDIT: And that's just from Google-ing "India children sex trade". If I can find my notes from my Sociology class, I'd post them. I don't feel like flipping through the book :p

Last edited:

Comicaze247

See the previous line
Why is adoption not a solution? Instead of sucking their brains out at 20 weeks, why don't they just let them deliver them whole instead? See if they can live?

Let me ask you a question. when med advances to the point that they don't need a womb anymore - someone does not want their body used for another life - fine, it's not a matter of "woman's right to her body" anymore - does she still have the right to kill her child after they can survive without her?

I guess some people respect life, and others don't.
You're assuming that everyone shares the same view on when during the pregnancy the fetus is considered "life"

idea

Question Everything
Not all of them. I knew a 17 year old mother of three who was still a ward of the state because her mother had been found unfit and she was never adopted. I also knew a mother whose children were removed from her, who saw it as an oppurtunity to move to Hawaii. My anecdotes are as valid as yours.

No, they go because it's trendy.

Foster care - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Foster care is just a short term alternative while on the way to determining one of the three permanent plans for the child. According to Dorsey et al.. [1], the three permanent plans are:
“Reunification with the biological parent,
conversion of the foster home to a legally-permanent guardianship or adoption, or
placement of the child into another legally permanent family” (p. 1404).

foster kids are not up for adoption - it is a short term thing while the parents fight the state to try and get them back.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Foster care - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Foster care is just a short term alternative while on the way to determining one of the three permanent plans for the child. According to Dorsey et al.. [1], the three permanent plans are:
“Reunification with the biological parent,
conversion of the foster home to a legally-permanent guardianship or adoption, or
placement of the child into another legally permanent family” (p. 1404).

foster kids are not up for adoption - it is a short term thing while the parents fight the state to try and get them back.
If the parents fight. If they win. If they don't, the kids are up for adoption. EDIT: Again, I have to wonder if you read your own sources.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
I would say it might have to do with the mentality of the way people think about women since the dawn of Man. Man know it all women don't and we have to decide for them..... Yeah I know it's not right.

Women are competent in this matter..and to be quite frank men are too.(men have something to do with it).

It is some men and some women that think that they can tell other men and women that "they would never do that" therefore its wrong.

If I concieve tonight..its NONE of anyone elses business but MINE and my HUSBANDS.NONE!

The only time its your business is if we HAVE a child out of that pregnancy and abuse or mistreat that child.Then for the childs sake I welcome your intervention.

Love

Dallas