• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your view on abortion. Atheist welcome.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
This point does not matter to me though. The number of children without parents/in bad family situations/etc. does not change the fact that I think abortion isn't the solution.
You have said that adoption is a solution to abortion.
Fact is, it isn't.
Fact is that it does not take much research on the topic to realize that adoption is no solution for abortion.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
So, instead of a quick death, you'd choose for a child to be tortured all it's life?

That is CERTAINLY more humane.

You're a little sadistic, if you ask me, Leah.

Bah, who cares if their parents molest them and beat them and torture them. No problem, there might be a chance they'll turn out to be good people!

Yep..and she can be "amazed" by them..

Im also curious ..where did she meet all these foster kids ..these unwanted children..the ones that "really went through a lot" and are the "best people" ?

Love

Dallas

Circle_One

This point does not matter to me though. The number of children without parents/in bad family situations/etc. does not change the fact that I think abortion isn't the solution.

So really, it's not the children you care about AT ALL. You pretty much only care about controlling other peoples' lives then, right? Because if you actually cared about the children, you would care what happened to them after they were born. So really, this entire debate is for naught, because you're simply a thickheaded teenager, who's cares about nothing but herself, and trying to shove her own beliefs down the throats of others, even though your beliefs have nothing to do with the cause which you claim to support. :clap

leahrachelle

And there are thousands upon thousands of more children. You can't seriously think that there are foster parents for every child that needs adopting, and furthermore, even if you did, you DO realize that a fosterparent is completely different from an adoptive parent, right? One keeps you forever, the other keeps you until they can't bother with you anymore and ship you off to another foster home, where your new foster parents there couldn't give a **** about you either.

Is most cases, darling, when you're a foster child, you're a paycheck and nothing more. Now THAT is definitely the life I'd want a child to live. Knowing that their mother gave them up, and no one loves them, no one really wants them, and then finally, they'll just get lost in the system. That SURE IS a great life you've got going for all these children you're trying to save, Leah.
You are speaking for you. And that is fine. It is perfectly fine that you would rather not be here than have to go through that. That is your opinion and I respect that. But you cannot speak for anyone other than you. You do not know what that baby/fetus/zygote/embryo/whatever wants. And if they DON'T agree with you, you are taking the life that they want away from them.

Circle_One

You are speaking for you. And that is fine. It is perfectly fine that you would rather not be here than have to go through that. That is your opinion and I respect that. But you cannot speak for anyone other than you. You do not know what that baby/fetus/zygote/embryo/whatever wants. And if they DON'T agree with you, you are taking the life that they want away from them.

Flip that around, my dear. Because YOU can't speak for anyone but yourself either. And yet you are willing to subject these poor children to a life of hell, simply for your own ideals. Pathetic and sad.

McBell

Admiral Obvious
But they want to die rather than be born in a world that not only does not want them, but will abuse, mistreat, exploit, and who knows what all else to them.

See, two can play that game.

leahrachelle

To all of you that want to argue that abortion is what's best for the CHILD, please go find me some statistics on how many women had their abortion because it was what was best for the CHILD. -_-

McBell

Admiral Obvious
To all of you that want to argue that abortion is what's best for the CHILD, please go find me some statistics on how many women had their abortion because it was what was best for the CHILD. -_-
Nice try, but I flat out asked you for sources of your stats and got a big fat nothing.

Besides which, your strawman will not work.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
So really, it's not the children you care about AT ALL. You pretty much only care about controlling other peoples' lives then, right? Because if you actually cared about the children, you would care what happened to them after they were born. So really, this entire debate is for naught, because you're simply a thickheaded teenager, who's cares about nothing but herself, and trying to shove her own beliefs down the throats of others, even though your beliefs have nothing to do with the cause which you claim to support. :clap

Thats exactly what I have concluded.Its not aobut children..or even babies quality or joy, how they are cared for or if they are loved or not or beaten or not or if they are hungry or not.Its about preventing abortion.After that..its just too bad for the "human" that has God only knows whats in store for them .After the birth..Its a fariy tale land story...and a blur...the "suffering" is only not beign allowed to be born.

Love

Dallas

Comicaze247

See the previous line
Ooooh, so you all meant like halfway through pregnancy abortion. Yeah, that I don't agree with. And if anybody waits that long to get the abortion, I think they waited way too long.

Storm said:
Actually I'm pretty sure you can. You do realize that the baby is moving in the first trimester, right?
Ah, I wasn't aware of that. But I was more referring to movement like kicking, not "quickening" as has been mentioned earlier. I'm not that well studied on the subject, but I would assume that those early movements might just be the muscles developing.

A study on brain activity may help, too.
I agree. What stage of development is the brain in when those "quickening" movements happen?

I know what point you're trying to make, and I don't agree.

You want to say that I can't decide for people because I don't know their situation and I don't know if its right in their situation.
1) You have no idea what you'd do in a situation until you're actually in it.
2) You have no right to tell other people what to do.

leahrachelle said:
I say that 98% of women that are having abortions didn't use enough protection. 98% of women WILLINGLY had sex and knew that they could get pregnant. 98% chose to abort their baby instead of giving it to someone who will love it - and no, that person isn't hard to find.
98% is accurate, btw. Only 2% of abortion cases are rape cases or cases where the mother will be hurt or die if they continue the pregnancy.
Source on the statistics?

So being mobile makes it a human??
Mobile in that it can move on its own.

I have my faults, but one thing I am not is ignorant about how the world works. I am a good judge of people's character and I am rarely wrong.
Not to be rude, but everybody thinks that when they're 16. Then they grow up.

leahrachelle said:
I would never chose death over a bad parent, though. Because I've seen the amazing people those children can become - some of the best even, in my opinion, because the more you go through, the more you'll learn about life.
So . . . you want to be beaten, molested, be passed around from foster home to foster home, and never having a place to call home, so that you can gain experience? I think that would just result in having a darkened view of the world.

leahrachelle

Yep..and she can be "amazed" by them..

Im also curious ..where did she meet all these foster kids ..these unwanted children..the ones that "really went through a lot" and are the "best people" ?

Love

Dallas
I live near a bad city, that I'm not going to name since this is the internet.. I have seen a lot, whether you'd like to believe me or not. If you don't, whatever.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Why is it permissible to treat women as if they are incompetent to decide for themselves what to do in this matter?

Last edited:

Comicaze247

See the previous line
Umm, I wasn't trying to be rude -_-
Most people here do not think it is human until it is outside the womb.
Did anybody actually say that? Let me rephrase. Did MOST people on this thread actually say that? To a point, when the brain activity begins, I believe, it is human. But before that, it is a fetus.