• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Your view on abortion. Atheist welcome.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Oh and by the way ..I was a teenager too sweetheart.I have been where you are..I know what "better" is for me.I wont pretend to say what is "better for you" ..Because Im grown.And I actually know what an ovum is.

You use your "wisdom" for your self..I'll use mine for myself.

Love

Dallas

Last edited:

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
All mothers and fathers make sacrifices everytime they have a child.

And yes I know people do have babies and give them up for adoption.My aunt did when she was 15.His name is Jeffrey and one of the sweetest people I have ever known.

I know what having a baby is in really really precarious situations.I had a baby at 14 years old for Christ sake.I was in the 8th grade.I wasnt even through growing yet.

I was a grandmother at 40.I have a 9 month old grandbaby by the son I had at 14.

And what does this prove?

I have also had abortions Dawny.So what am I ???A friggen moronic murderer? Or a brave and courageous person that didnt take the easy way out?

Oh I know..Im both.Im a schitzo!

Love

Dallas

In truth, I would have made different choices.

I don't doubt your bravery or courage and I wouldn't dare discount your pain and the emotions you experienced going through the ordeal. I'm not heartless.

The truth...had I been in my sister's position, I don't know what I would have done. I do question at times what type of person I would have been had I carried Connor in my womb and brought him into the world, knowing that he wouldn't thrive. I'm not sure what the "right" choice would have been.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
[QUOTEI'm not heartless.

][/QUOTE]

I would never think you were..

Lets gets that straight right this minute..

Your are a sweet soul..like honey..

Allright?

Love

Dallas

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
And maybe I think your a murderer

Oh..I missed this..How original of you.

Here is what I think.What you think of me is of no bearing to me or my children.What you think of me little girl has no influence over my life or that of my family.So think untill your hearts desire.

Love

Dallas

leahrachelle

Oh and by the way ..I was a teenager too sweetheart.I have been where you are..I know what "better" is for me.I wont pretend to say what is "better for you" ..Because Im grown.And I actually know what an ovum is.

You use your "wisdom" for your self..I'll use mine for myself.

Love

Dallas

I actually know what a human being is.

leahrachelle

An old joke comes to mind: "my parents were so stupid when I was a teenager. It's strange how the older I get, the smarter they become." ;)
I get the point, but I'd have to disagree. When we are young, we look to people that are older than us with awe because of their wisdom. As we get older, we realize their flaws, and in return, gain confidence in our intelligence.

leahrachelle

The quote button isn't working..

Darkendless:
It is not controlling people. That is a complete misunderstanding against pro-life views. That is absolutely not our goal. We are saving lives, and that is our only goal here.

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
The quote button isn't working..

Darkendless:
It is not controlling people. That is a complete misunderstanding against pro-life views. That is absolutely not our goal. We are saving lives, and that is our only goal here.

Saving lives is not always a good thing. Pro-life people will be the first to complain when we're outstripping the supply for food at an accelerated rate. Even now its concerning. All these people care about though is their petty little moral obligation that they do not fully understand.

leahrachelle

As it turns out, it's a very adolescent notion to think you know better than other people what's wise and good for them. Someday, you might look back and laugh at how you were today.
I was not saying this at all. I was not saying that younger people are more intelligent or more mature than older people. I was saying that I, individually, know better than her, individually.
I know 10 year olds that are more mature than 40 year olds, and in contrast, I know tons of people my age that act like they are 5 90% of the time. I do not think in any way age determines maturity and I will never judge someone according to their age.

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
Saving lives is not always a good thing. Pro-life people will be the first to complain when we're outstripping the supply for food at an accelerated rate.
Surely, you're not suggesting slaughter is an acceptable solution to food shortage?

darkendless

Guardian of Asgaard
Surely, you're not suggesting slaughter is an acceptable solution to food shortage?

It will get to a point Mr Emu sir, i will not deny that. South America has already felt the pinch by accelerating their production of grain for alternative fuels. I don't think slaughter is a good idea. Abortion though can control this. I'd prefer correct family planning and contraception though at first.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I was not saying this at all. I was not saying that younger people are more intelligent or more mature than older people. I was saying that I, individually, know better than her, individually.
I know 10 year olds that are more mature than 40 year olds, and in contrast, I know tons of people my age that act like they are 5 90% of the time. I do not think in any way age determines maturity and I will never judge someone according to their age.

You seem unaware of what your statement logically implied.